**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Map 3 mini-boss Cable way too difficult!

edited May 2018 in General Discussion
I know there’s tons of you out there irritated about this very same problem! We run two map 5’s per week, and the mini bosses on there are way easier than map 3 cable! He is in no way comparable to past mini bosses, and it needs to change...

Comments

• Options
    Cats73Cats73 Posts: 314
    You do realize the last map 5 miniboss was cable right?
  • Options
    Hahahaha those poor souls...
  • Options
    I’m with you on rewards! Kind of off subject, but if I get 3000 loyalty chips one more time off a war crystal, I’m gonna go through the roof! It’s pathetic!
  • Options
    You do realize that today it’s goblin, right cats73?!?
  • Options
    xananabananaxananabanana Posts: 495
    Who is the best champ to use against Cable?
  • Options
    Cats73Cats73 Posts: 314
    You do realize that today it’s goblin, right cats73?!?

I was talking about last AQ, the boss was Cable...if you say you run map 5, you should have run into him a couple times before sentinels.
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★

Void works well. Ultron is great but generally timeout. Magik is awesome for him. Last but not least is Starlord
  • Options
    xananabananaxananabanana Posts: 495
    DaMunk wrote: »

Void works well. Ultron is great but generally timeout. Magik is awesome for him. Last but not least is Starlord

Ultron's bleed will cause him to degen though right? I've tried SL and can be tricky as I've had him trigger double power gain before after 2 bars. Sounds like Magik is the way to go for me. @DaMunk
  • Options
    AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    Ultron is a robot so he doesn't degen
  • Options
    DaMunk wrote: »

Ultron's bleed will cause him to degen though right? I've tried SL and can be tricky as I've had him trigger double power gain before after 2 bars. Sounds like Magik is the way to go for me. @DaMunk

If you read Cables abilities he doesn't cause degen from bleed against robots. Ultron would be perfect if he hit a little harder, especially when duped because Cables l1 barely does damage to him due to it being energy.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Deleted
  • Options
    Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    no one in your ally or bg has icey or ultron or dorm to take down cable? where are your boss killers?
  • Options
    Crazyjack719Crazyjack719 Posts: 425 ★★
    edited May 2018
    Sparky, Switch, Starlord, Quake, Doc Ock, Ghost rider, Ultron, Iceman, Rogue, Mephisto. Ie power control, high damage, safeguard, regen are your answers here mate. Cables specials are easy to evade and he is fairly predictable as long as you always expect a regen or power gain after a bar of power just as you would treat fighting magik.
  • Options
    jilanibuxjilanibux Posts: 64
    To be completely honest here, had a talk with my alliance about this as well, Map 3 bosses have just gotten a lot harder with rubbish rewards. Running Map 4 all week now.
  • Options
    Marks1110Marks1110 Posts: 1
    test
  • Options
    VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Marks1110 wrote: »
    test

I couldn't agree more!

pork chop sandwiches
  • Options
    BrutalMiraBrutalMira Posts: 235
    Sparky or SLord easy defeat that cable
  • Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Let's not be naive. Kabam wants the mid-tier alliances that can run map4 or map3 to spend the gold and loyalty on map4 even though it is obvious map3 is much better.

If you cant run map5 yet, you should be doing map3, which is free, kabam knows this and thus increased the difficulty. Map4 is much easier than map3 since the update.
  • Options
    Cujo999Cujo999 Posts: 117
    I know there’s tons of you out there irritated about this very same problem! We run two map 5’s per week, and the mini bosses on there are way easier than map 3 cable! He is in no way comparable to past mini bosses, and it needs to change...

I never had too much difficulty soloing him with 3/45 Angela or duped 5/50 OG Hulk.
  • Options
    RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    If you're not just going to go for pure dps... Vision... he doesn't hit so hard, but you can power control Cable's power flood and you can potentially heal block his regen.

I still think the best option is Sparky followed by SL.
    Sparky has some emergency power control and his poises charges are fed by Cable's sp1.

There is no need for me to explain SL.

The only thing I don't like about fighting Cable is that his heavy attack causes my phone to lag.