Options

Very disappointed that the Catalyst Special Offer has no 1,000 unit level offer.

chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
As the title says. Been waiting and saving for this offer that I knew must be coming... but of coarse they made it 400 units above what I have saved to. All the others in the past had a 1,000-1,200-ish level to buy... but this one the lowest is 2,000 units and I have 1,634 (and no, I will not spend $30 on units to get over 2,000... that is a rip off of epic proportions).

Anyways... just wanted to share my thoughts on this not giving us lower tier FTP players even an offer to buy...

Comments

• Options
    ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    This deal is such a trash scam that a 1k option would not have been worth it either. So you didn't miss anything.
  • Options
    Also why didn't you launch this alongside the Infinity Dust Unit Offers? Wow that would have been a boon for you guys if you planned it right (if those offers were still up I might have considered buying the $10 offer and then grinding the rest I need... but now that it is regular unit offers again there is no way I, and I bet others, will do that).

I am open to consulting services... I wont ask for a lot of pay :D and I bet I can do far better then your current team on these things. What a missed opportunity.

This deal is such a trash scam that a 1k option would not have been worth it either. So you didn't miss anything.

Except I am starving for T4B... I even begged in the suggestions thread for an offer like this (though I asked for a 1,00-1,200 unit offer). I left my alliance a couple weeks ago whisk is part of it (just got sick of the alliance grind being and officer that did most of the duties in my alliance). I just need/want like 5 more and I am about done for a long while on T4B ranking... just sad to see the offer I needed placed out of my range.
  • Options
    TempestTempest Posts: 295
    I feel like the first tier offer was only worth 1000 units anyway... i think 2000 for a t4cc and 3 t4b is too much.
  • Options
    jlamadisonjlamadison Posts: 274
    ^^agreed
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Tempest wrote: »
    I feel like the first tier offer was only worth 1000 units anyway... i think 2000 for a t4cc and 3 t4b is too much.

When it comes to creating offers, I think the quest creation team and offers team are way out of contact. They don't know how easy it is to get 3 t4b and ONE t4cc isn't worth 2k units.

2k units with normal gameplay take about 2-4 weeks to accumulate.
  • Options

Yeah after looking at it more I agree wholeheartedly it is not a great value offer... but I need the T4B so I would have spent the 2k if I had it. But the new event is close and I am about to finally beat the Collector so that will be another couple there.

When it comes to creating offers, I think the quest creation team and offers team are way out of contact. They don't know how easy it is to get 3 t4b and ONE t4cc isn't worth 2k units.

2k units with normal gameplay take about 2-4 weeks to accumulate.

Also like I said why wouldn't you leverage that special Infinity Dist Unit offer at the same exact time as this offer... who thought that wasn't a good idea? I mean even I who spends only on small bundles every so often when they are good deals (cash deals I mean) I would have bought the $10 offer if the Infinity Dust special offer was going on when this came up. I cannot believe they didn't do that... seems they do not know good marketing/business there.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,706 ★★★★★
    My thumb hovered over both offers then I remembered how little the company cares about the player base except when it can extract units from them.