**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Blade - How to Use?

I got Blade from the last arena. I'm happy with him. But his damage is something I'm worried sometimes. He is obviously a God-Tier champ, but am i playing him wrong or do i need Ghost Rider to unlock the real Potentiality of Blade?
Any suggestion would be appreciated...

Comments

• Options
    MannysmokerMannysmoker Posts: 314
    Blade is made to counter specific opponets, his damage is great but nothing out of the world...
  • Options
    Saif_AionSaif_Aion Posts: 50
    @Mannysmoker that's my point. He is great against all those Mystic & Villain champs but don't hit too hard in normal fights...
  • Options
    SIlverProfessorSIlverProfessor Posts: 496 ★★
    His real value after the danger sense and synergies is hat once he’s dupped he has controllable regen. So even if he doesn’t do the most damage he’s a sustainable champ.
  • Options
    Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    If Blade were released today, he would be swallowed up by IWIM but he isn't.

He's a great counter to Mystical Beings and villains with GR synergy.

But that's where his dominance stops I'm afraid, his damage is ok if or other champs. Sure he has Regen and is atm the best healer but I wouldn't day he's anything special.

That said, he is great at one thing. Defeating Mystical Beings and Villains with GR.
  • Options
    @Apocalypse189 very well said...
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Stick em with the pointy end
  • Options
    If Blade were released today, he would be swallowed up by IWIM but he isn't.

He's a great counter to Mystical Beings and villains with GR synergy.

But that's where his dominance stops I'm afraid, his damage is ok if or other champs. Sure he has Regen and is atm the best healer but I wouldn't day he's anything special.

That said, he is great at one thing. Defeating Mystical Beings and Villains with GR.

Ghost Rider is the best healer blade can only go back to 71% health gr can go back to full
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Potatoe potato on the healing. GR heal is great, but takes time to build up so it lasts longer and then you gotta repeat the process of you wanna do it again and can be time consuming. It can be harder to pull off on a stun immune fight too if you’re timing is off countering with a heavy. Blade just needs to hold block and power converts to life. He’s capped at 71% but it’s basically a constant and instant chance to heal while your opponent bleeds out and feeds your power bar.

Yup, danger sense is where it’s with Blade for dimensional beings and add the GR synergy and that carries to villains too. Add stark spidey and that’s 45% stronger. The synergy makes him amazing, but he’s also great without it for anyone who bleeds since their blood loss raises your power gain quickly, which can basically let you heal whenever. Plus, blade can parry and cause bleed. Other than Quake, Blade is one of the few Who can a fight with 0 hits thrown.

There’s no one champ solution, but Blade covers quite a bit. Need him duped for regen though and he’s not great for fights like regular colossus or iceman.
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    I should add... deep wounds is your best friend for any bleed causing fighter. Max deep wounds and watch how much better he gets with each level. If you don’t have deep wounds, you don’t know what you’re missing.
  • Options
    jaylerdjaylerd Posts: 113
    edited June 2018
    Parry and spam L1 until you're generating so much power you can add an L2 onto that. If he's awake, use some of that parry time to regen

If the opponent is stun immune, they're still going to bleed and benefit you.
  • Options
    Lol grs Regen is harder to get because it is better
  • Options
    I agree with all the terms that Blade is great in healing & also the Villain advantage is also admirable. But watching all those hypes for Blade made me to get him asap. So i worked hard in arena & got him. Had a skill gem, used on him. No doubt he is a great champ. But I don't have both GR & DW, so it feels sometimes very Unsatisfying to watch all those low crits(448-700). Don't know if I'm wrong or i just made a mistake earing all those hypes... 😕🙄🙄
  • Options
    taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    I was lucky enough to pull him from a basic 5*, and I just so happened to have a skill ag from lol completion. Currently have him sig 160 at 3/45, need more catalysts/iso/gold to bring him to 5/65. While I still think he is overpowered, in non-danger sense fights I'm not too impressed with his damage. Maybe it's because I already have high expectations, but for example taking down rol ws takes forever.

In danger sense matchups, he is definitely a cheat code. I'm glad I pulled him because it was exactly what I needed for act 5.4 exploration, taking down modok and mephisto easily.
  • Options
    HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★
    Saif, just without synergies, he gains power while near bleeding opponents (he causes bleed by parrying, SP1, SP2 and SP3), he shruggs debuffs faster (based on current power), against Dimensional Beings he gains 1k extra attack rating (that is almost double than if he was at 4* R5) and reduces their abilities by 40% (Mephisto incineration aura, Magik's limbo, etc). If he is duped he can regenerate by holding block. This alone, in my opinion, makes him great.

If you pair him with Ghost Rider, that's 1k extra attack rating and 40% ability redution against Dimensional Beings and Villains. That is, what?, 40% of the champs? MODOK doesnt auto-block as often, Abomination doesn't trigger poison as often, etc.

When I got mine I R5 him and Ghost Rider (despite disliking playing with him) without hesitation. You test him further and you will see.
  • Options
    Got it all. Hope i get Gnost Rider soon as i already have Sparky...