**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is it actually time?

2»

Comments

• Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    I think you’ve got about as much chance of getting a 5* generic from a 4 hour crystal as you do with persuading kabam to give you one back.

You may be right. I wasn't playing MCOC when the notorious 12.0 debacle happened. Worst case scenario MD champions becoming useless on AW defense would give me a small taste of what that was like.
  • Options
    Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    i welcome the change since it was a ripoff mechanic on which Kabam has monetized for so long. I don't welcome the reasons, and the timing. We have had "monetizing" (let's call it that) shifting from one way to another recently.

-First there was MD and mystic wars. Monetization: MD mystic cores for mastery lv5, aw potions, revives.

-Second came unavoidable dmg. Coldsnap and Mammu's degens mainly.

-Thurd and first main shift from MD was with autoblock/autoparry champions. Blade was released as mystic counter, medusa, modok, iron man were the new monetization.

-third, and most fearsome: direct damage-unavoidable dmg incoming. Domino and Masacre seem to be the first examples of a mechanic destined to haunt our gameplay (a mechanic tht if not finely tuned will be even worse than blade release).

NOW that MD isn't monetizing wars and overall the game anymore, now it's being changed. I think we can all agree that aside maybe Dormammu and MS, resto of mystics are pretty much war fodder nowadays. Mephisto nerf made him utterly useless, with GR and Vodoo being the only safe oasis, but as attackers.

So yeah from a side i'm happy this will be taken care, but from another side i feel like it's pretty much useless by where we stand now. At the same time, the concept of unavoidable dmg keeps surfacing in one way or another, making new ranks (5/65 and 6*) basically lose their value. No point into having a flat 20-30% raise in stats if a fight forces me to lose 50% without getting it.

TLDR: imho, MD is being simply replace by other mechanics costing you health for the sole fact of playing the game as it meant to be played, no matter your skills. I support Kabam in this choiche, but they will have to put WAY more efforts and refining into future champs, or this will go bonkers waaay too soon and fast.

Ps: That said, it's absolutely necessary, would a drastic change happen to MD, to refund the units cost of the mastery. Wouldnt be first nor last case of it happening, and it's defenetly due to who grinded those units (a ton) to access what was mandatory in the last 2 years. As far as RDTs go, i don't feel the necessity. R5 magiks, mammus, vodoos, GRs aren't gonna become less useful, if not just in defence. Still solid options for attack, if needed.

• Options
    TachyonShadowTachyonShadow Posts: 118
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Mitchell35 wrote: »
    RDT would help with the community outrage that we’re seeing unfold..... the pay to enter arena stuff definitely won’t help so I think Kabam is going to have record losses of players in general, though they will turn a profit from the whales

The outrage is self inflicted. There is little understanding on the communities side if a change happens and then there are people who are causing drama just to cause drama. People forget they mentioned Drax and Magik issues being bugs since its been a long time. Overreaction is a staple here on the forums. They talk about MD and dexterity and you all are already asking for compensation without knowing the full story. They did a fantasic job with Luke Cage and Red Hulk. Maybe take a breather amd wait it out.

Seems like you have also forgotten that they mentioned that the AA interaction was not a bug and they also mentioned that Drax was a counter for Mordo because he bypassed astral evade so either way you cannot call being told one thing and then something else self inflicted
  • Options
    0chris9999999990chris999999999 Posts: 137
    Yes it’s time...june 5th...for a new Petscop video!
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    BCdiscman wrote: »
    They wouldn't likely offer Tickets because of changes to Masteries regardless. The Champs aren't being altered.

This is completely false. Many Many Many people only ranked Mystic Champs as well as maxed out their signature levels based on how they interacted with Mystic Dispersion. Champs they would never have used resources on if not for the way in which Mystic Dispersion effects their game play. You change the MD mechanic then you completely alter how those Champs work. Saying otherwise is like claiming that allowing everyone in America to have any type of gun that they want while completely outlawing bullets would not infringe on their 2nd ammendment rights in anyway.

Exactly. All or most of the 12.0 disaster was about 3 champs being nerfed. MD affects all 17 mystic champions.

If awakening gems were given out for 3 champions being nerfed, it would be logical to do the same if 17 champions are indirectly nerfed as a result of changes to mystic dispersion. Still no need to worry until we know what changes will concern beta testing.
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    borntohula wrote: »
    I’d take down Magik, Drax and Voodoo in a heartbeat. If they nerf MD too, at least one more.

They won’t, kabam is focusing on new champs and are not gonna bother with nerfs or buffs unless they actually deserve it
  • Options
    AnthinhoAnthinho Posts: 256
    Yeah when they nerf MD Magik & Dorm will be pretty useless R4 5*'s. RDT's would be fair for them.

They wont nerf MD it's a fix to how it reacts with dexterity so it doesn't trigger constantly