**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Mystic dispersion

Hi kabam. I've started playing this game in may 2015 ( before the willpower nerf). I'm a free to pay player. First of all I have to say I love this game so much. When I joined, willpower made me hate this game a bit and also the block proficiency teams. I always thought that this game is biased to specific champs but you guys really did a great job with the nerf. I was very happy and welcomed your changes. It shows that people at kabam are making the game shift more towards skills. I'm also really happy with fixing of double evade, spider evade bugs, and other champ nerfs and buffs. Before it was like, when I have a duped scarlet witch, u can achieve anything in this game. But that's not the case now. SW is good but some champs like mordo,civil war bp, etc keep her in check and it made the game more challenging. That was nice. Almost 90% of the champs are equally good with the willpower and block proficiency nerfs. Limber also made some champs usable in every form of the game. There is still room for more improvement but the game has been improving very fast. And I feel kabam is listening to it's players and making changes accordingly. And for that I even love this game more.
Having said all these, i would like to raise a serious issue nowadays. If u ask anyone one in this game, what's the best class in this game?? The answer is MYSTIC. And the reason is purely because of MYSTIC DISPERSION. Don't get me wrong but even without mystic dispersion, mystic champs are still the best. With one of the best passives in the game ie Nullify (among others) they easily are more powerful attackers in the game. I would like to separate Mystic dispersion under two categories i.e. Offensive and defensive.

Let's talk about the least problematic and something that can be easily adjusted to i.e. mystic dispersion for attackers. I think everyone agrees on the fact that we can do almost well without making use of mystic dispersion for attack. While it does allow you to gain power like other classes, it still has nullify, power drain, power lock etc. For those who don't agree that mystic champs are seriously unplayable without mystic dispersion please read the full post as I have another solution below.

And now for the main part, mystic defenders. it can be abused in various ways. All the complaints to nerf magik nowadays, why do you think is that??? I believe magik is a great champ and it's a good thing she got buffed. But it's because of mystic dispersion that makes her unplayable. Or let's just say it does depends more on luck (on whether her limbo will trigger or not). But seeing the changes made to this game to move towards skills, it is highly depending on luck. A good example is baiting specials. U can't guarantee to bait a special. U can do it in a few tries but by that time mystic champs already get 1 bar of power (maxed MD). It's just so unfair. There are more and more champs coming that have power drain, stagger and other ability accuracy traits that counter her limbo but without mystic dispersion, u can use more variety of champs to fight her. That's what is the key to balancing the game. Rather than making it more dependable on summoners go in search for a specific champ that is used to counter magik, we can have more options in hand other than one.

Even if u have heavily invested sig stones and levelling of MAGIK, u can still use her because she's one of the best atackers in the game. Magik's not the only problem. Other champs like Juggs, UC, and other good defenders in the game have unstoppable which is great than many other defensive abilities. And with mystic dispersion it feels like defender champs from other classes are almost useless even though they are good. Imagine that there is a mastery called "science dispersion". Then if evading gives power, then it's class defenders become the best. Juggs will only be a mediocre defender. Masteries are good to have but please don't use masteries that abuse power gain. Please KABAM. This is one of the problems that should've been corrected way back. No other class specific mastery comes close to mystic dispersion. The science one, or pure skill, or tech one???? I don't even know their full names because even though they provide a notable difference to their specific class, they are still **** compared to what mystic dispersion does. So kabam please consider this.

Next I would like to say that by removing mystic dispersion, the game (aw) will become more challenging. Let me tell you how. Bu doing so, mystic defenders will still be good or on par with other class defenders (which is balanced) and people will find it a bit easier and then the winning usually is determined by exploration( assuming u are fighting a similar rated ally and all three bgs take the bosses down). It also become more focussed on how well u play making even one or two defender kills marking the victory rather than the team winning just because they have a duped magik as main boss. It makes it more competitive bringing the victory depend more on defender/attacker kills and not on the battle group clears ( assuming each of them have same battle group clears). It also manages u to organise in such a way that all the nodes are covered by the ally members.

And lastly for those u don't agree with removing mystic dispersion. I told that there's another way. That is to remove critical chance buff when performing dexterity. It basically doesn't give u any crit buffs when u evade. This is a very good alternative if u want to keep it although buffs by other means still activated mystic dispersion.

Look at the new aq boss.. Dormammu. Why is he not duped like venom or kang. It's because it will be unplayable without evading, why create signature abilities that mess with evading in the first place ???? A money grab??? Dormammu is the future aq boss people will go for. Same like magik, that u die just because u evade. There are other champs who inflict damage even though u don't get hit, like, electro, iceman,etc but it's either not the deciding factor (like iceman who only deains health at the beginning of a fight or electro who's ability can be bypassed) but please don't mess with evade.

You guys knew it would create a big problem if u had duped Dormammu as the aq boss. It's a clever move but it's not right. If u don't believe me kabam, please test by putting duped Dormammu as aq boss for a week and see what people say.

CONCLUSION: kabam. Please nerf mystic dispersion or atleast remove the crit buff from dexterity. It's one of those factors that's causing a huge imbalance in the game, making people complain about certain champs nerfs but it's actually mystic dispersion that is causing this problem. Leave the champs alone. Don't nerf them. Instead nerf Mystic dispersion.

I hope many people read this and tel your views. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    MD isn't a big deal IMO. I use non-buff champs in AW and have very little problem with it. UC on an armor node when I brought x23 was the only time I really struggled I guess but that's because her dupe buffs like crazy. I still won but it was hard.
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited June 2017
    Yelin547 wrote: »
    MD isn't a big deal IMO. I use non-buff champs in AW and have very little problem with it. UC on an armor node when I brought x23 was the only time I really struggled I guess but that's because her dupe buffs like crazy. I still won but it was hard.

Mate, when you dash back you feed magik, do you play this game ? Buff or non buff champs!
  • Options
    EvilEvil Posts: 17
    Yes, but sometimes the AI makes it hard to bait specials. It is possible to practice and learn evade without dexrerity but why is it only for mystic champs. It makes other classes look weak. Why do we have to take blocked hits for a mystic champ and not for any other class champ???
  • Options
    Why can we not parry cwbp mordo BW or yondu now? Why can some champs KO you in one combo or special? Why is abom a complete nightmare now for any non immune champ? The point of the game is variety and challenge. Sometimes you need to change your style fir champs and sometimes you need the right counter. Learn and improve. Why can you not hit Hyperion more than once in a combo sometimes? So you can bait a special and not eat an l3. Adjust and improve and don't ask for nerfs unless it's something truly unstoppable and unbeatable which doesn't exist on any defenders. I personally think it was dumb healing was nerfed on champs for AW defenders. I had no issues killing them as mini bosses or as the boss.
  • Options
    You are not understanding the point. All those champs have a counter champ. E.g. Vision or magik for Hyperion, cap for pretty much any stun immune champs, vision or magik or archangel for magik or any mystic champ. I'm not taking about using specific champ for a stronger champ. All the champs you mentioned above can be evaded with dexterity. That's actually a good skill. I'm talking about an entire class of champs (mystic) that feed power when we perform a dexterity. It's just not balancing.
  • Options
    Let's assume u are a very skilled player. You intercept well. Can you fight a champ on a boss node like u fight any other class champ??? Is mystic dispersion really necessary??? If u meet an equally strong ally, can you say u lost just because the opponents put a duped magik as boss and u had any other class as your boss???
  • Options
    I disagree. In tier 1/2 there are only a handful of mystic champs we see. A lot of them don't make it because there are better options. Additionally some just aren't good on most nodes. As for bosses we see magik and we give magik or another option that is irrelevant. We have beat magik in a fight or two as boss with full md or we have had days we don't do well and don't drop. And yes these are 4/55 magik with full MD. Best bosses are mystic right now and have been for a while. There aren't many other champs worthy of being a boss. Although a well duped spidey or non duped nc is never fun there and are probably harder for most.
  • Options
    I dont think so you dont see more mystics due to rank limits maybe. Rank4 juggs and UC are harder than any. How about dormamu and hood? You dont know what you are talking about. Alliance war should be called mystic war execpt hyperion, NC and Iceman. What nonsense lmao!
  • Options
    But the thing is U can keep evading a spidey and night crawler. But u can't do it with mystic champs (magik). Any boss is beatable if the ally cooperates. But what about the kills??? I can surely say that magik gives more kills than a spidey or a nc. You are in top tier. I get it u don't want to have mystic dispersion removed. But what about removing dexterity from affecting MD??? In a few months, we will see more duped Dormammu in boss nodes. He's even worse
  • Options
    Exactly,
  • Options
    AdzomaticAdzomatic Posts: 66
    edited June 2017
    I've given up on this topic, I've harped on about it for over 1x year and there has never been a response from any Kabam Mod to even acknowledge this topic, even after I had PM'ed the Mods directly and told by one of the Mods that they would respond to the thread.

Nothing is going to change, so we may as well stop trying, Kabam don't want to actually have a Balanced Contest when it means less $$ in their pocket, so they are never going address the issue with dexterity & MD.

As many people have outlined you will need to adapt your fighting style. The Answer to MD defense is to bring MD Magik into your offensive team, or other power control champs.

I have played in Tier 1 AW for as long as I can remember, and can soloed 4/55 Magik or Dormammu Boss by using either GwenPool or Magik in the attack team. The unfortunate situation is 95% of the player base are unable to do this either they haven't learnt the skill to do this or they don't hold those specific champs, and so Kabam keeps on banking your $$$ spend on units for heals

oh please prove me wrong and comment on this thread @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Iko @Kabam Spice @Kabam Loto (the only Mods I can tag)
  • Options
    Hood and dorm are easy and terrible for wars. Specially with everybody getting practice on dorm. Hood is just crazy easy and a waste of a defender. As for kills nc and spidey will get more on most nodes. Magik is squishy and that's her weakness. Juggy and UC aren't bad. There is a strategy to all of them. Learn it. I could go back and forth but if you refuse to learn then you'll just lose again and continue on here.
  • Options
    SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    No one ever learns can't wait for the same people in this thread to start posting a few months down the road how end game content is harder due to the nerf they did never ending cycle
  • Options
    we have to adjust to the way it is. But u never accept the fact that mystic dispersion has issues. U guys in top alliances have 4/55 attackers in your roster and face 4/55 bosses. It is easy for you guys. I'm in a 6 mil alliance and have 4* 4/40 attackers in my team. We face atleast one 5* duped magik as boss. It's your view and I don't judge but all I want to know from top tier alliance guys is that 1) will removing dexterity from Mystic dispersion affect your game???
  • Options
    Evil wrote: »
    we have to adjust to the way it is. But u never accept the fact that mystic dispersion has issues. U guys in top alliances have 4/55 attackers in your roster and face 4/55 bosses. It is easy for you guys. I'm in a 6 mil alliance and have 4* 4/40 attackers in my team. We face atleast one 5* duped magik as boss. It's your view and I don't judge but all I want to know from top tier alliance guys is that 1) will removing dexterity from Mystic dispersion affect your game???

Will removing Dex affect urs? U guys keep lying about wanting diversity yet only seem to want things easier
  • Options
    And 2) if the aq boss was a duped Dormammu, will u adjust with that???
  • Options
    And 2) if the aq boss was a duped Dormammu, will u adjust with that???

People bitched
  • Options
    Personally I have no issue fighting a duped Dormammu just don't use specials and he's really not that much of a problem
  • Options
    wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★
    Oh, another nerf post.
  • Options
    Against dorm it's best to use different champs on offense than you would magik. Use what fits the situation. And I was in the same boat as you bringing in 4/40 guys against 4/55 champs. It forces you to get better... or cry for nerf. Either way.
  • Options
    @Sirnoob I get that ur a very awesome player who will have no problem defeating a duped Dormammu on a boss node. But will removing crit for dexterity make your fights easier???
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @Sirnoob I get that ur a very awesome player who will have no problem defeating a duped Dormammu on a boss node. But will removing crit for dexterity make your fights easier???

I don't use MD r dex my master's suck
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @Yelin547 you probably are used to take anything that's thrown at you. I get it. But I'm trying to speak for all tier aw alliances. Not just the top tiers. I'm just saying to keep the chmps as they are but nerf one mastery. If u think what I'm asking for is too much then I can't help but think u are one of the guys that don't mind spending on potions and revives
  • Options
    Thechamp8556Thechamp8556 Posts: 33
    So what about all the players who spent units to max MD ? Nerf the mastery just for you. Please give me a break learn to adapt, and stop asking to nerf stuff so you don't have fight against it.
  • Options
    K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    I don't think OP even realises just what it costs to unlock MD lol...

Mystic Dispersion is not broken. Learn to adapt to it.
  • Options
    ignoring a problem just because of the cost is such a lame excuse. Where were u guys when they nerfed suicides??? Didn't u get ur compensation for it??? Even if they did nerf MD, do u think they will not compensate you?? Will u allow it?? If nerfing MD is such a huge thing, then do u agree with the crit buff on dexterity (which contributes to MD). You guys just keep living with it all the time. And I'm not the only one who's asking for a nerf. Do u even read the posts in the main page saying "magik should be nerfed" "limbo is overpowered". It's actually not the champs but the MD OR DEXTERITY which is the actual problem.
  • Options
    It's not a big issue. Like double evade spidey was not a big issue and we could've lived with that. But they fixed it. Why can't they fix this?? its like saying Starlord combo whiffs were missing but it's not a big problem and live with that. Doesn't make sense