**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Domino’s evade vs. Coldsnap

Can someone please explain to me how Domino just evaded Iceman while she had coldsnap on her.

Comments

• DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    You were unlucky...lol...in all seriousness I have no idea. Thanks for letting us know that can happen.. that sucks. If I had to guess she reduced his ability to stop evade.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    Josh056 wrote: »
    Can someone please explain to me how Domino just evaded Iceman while she had coldsnap on her.

same as nightcrawler, miles Morales, ultron ect.
  • Outsider75Outsider75 Posts: 61
    Domino's 25% to disable an ability is greater than the % of chances of water being wet.
    She ain't gonna get more attention until enough people start placing her as defender in AW. Then and only then the true nature of this monstrous disaster will get revealed.
  • WimaksWimaks Posts: 105
    This does make no sense. Ice’s ABILITY is cold snap which has a chance to fail The result of his ability (stopping evade) shouldn’t be able to fail. Just like if a champ places a bleed on her(which has a chance to fail) for x amount over 5 seconds, she can’t make one of the “seconds“ fail…?
    They did admit a bug in that initial abilities, that you start the fight with, can’t fail. ie… Voodoo – regen, iceman – cold snap.

@_ASDF_ evade buffs like MM and sim spidey are no longer buffs that can be stolen or neutralized. They are and behave as passive, just temporary, for the reasons stated about coldsnap not working on them
  • Mingo0312Mingo0312 Posts: 218
    It’s bull rubbish no one can evade icemans cold snap but she does it’s a bug or she is broken as it happened to me fix it Kabam !! Or is it working as Intended !!!!
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    G0311 wrote: »

You clearly don’t understand how coldsnap works. MM evades with cold snap because his evade buffs are active. Coldsnap stops passive evades— NC and OG Spidey. I’m guessing her abilities to evade are active then? Who knows. She’s probably busted.

@Josh056 you didn’t know that Domino has the strongest ability in the MCU multiverse? She’s able to counter everyone’s passive and active abilities at will.

Makes sense right? 🤷‍♂️

I've fought countless NC and OG Spideys and they still evade , so you clearly haven't seen this for yourself. Ive seen evaded reduced with cold snap but they still happen.
  • Outsider75Outsider75 Posts: 61

You clearly don’t understand how coldsnap works. MM evades with cold snap because his evade buffs are active. Coldsnap stops passive evades— NC and OG Spidey. I’m guessing her abilities to evade are active then? Who knows. She’s probably busted.

@Josh056 you didn’t know that Domino has the strongest ability in the MCU multiverse? She’s able to counter everyone’s passive and active abilities at will.

Makes sense right? 🤷‍♂️

I've fought countless NC and OG Spideys and they still evade , so you clearly haven't seen this for yourself. Ive seen evaded reduced with cold snap but they still happen.
    Then sir, YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS SEEN THIS HAPPEN.
    Never, have I seen anyone evade under coldsnap. Only the champs from LoL are exempt from this.
    Either you are trolling or you shoulda reported it when you saw it happen.
    yeah no one evades under coldsnap, i’ve been a bit suspicious about the timer at times, Cold snap ending a little bit before the timer ends but I’ve had the same irritation with Stun.
    I guess you’re technically right, he wasn’t changed. But iceman shuts down miles evade as well...? Just dueled him five times because you got me curious.. Not one evade under cold snap, as soon as it wears off he evades...?
    Regardless…
    If domino isn’t causing cold snap to fail and is STILL Evading while under the effects of cold snap... that seems like a problem
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    On very rare occasions I have seen the spidermen evade under cold snap. It's been a long time since I've seen it though, might have been a bug when he was fairly new. I've used Iceman since he came out, he is supposed to shut down all evade except for LoL, all the spidermen and NC type don't evade while under cold snap.
    After giving this some thought my guess is what I said earlier. Iceman has 100% evade reduction but Domino reduces his abilities so against her it's probably around 85% reduction. RNG probably won out against you. I would think her evading under cold snap would be pretty rare but possible. If it's happening a lot then there's probably a bug.
    Curious to get input from moderators but, like I said… Cold snap is his ability that could be reduced, nullifying evade is its effect..
    Just like applying bleed is the ability (which could fail) but bleeding is it’s effect. so one bleed per second for five seconds can’t be:
    Second 1-bleed
    Second 2 -bleed
    Second 3 - fail
    Second 4 - bleed
    Second 5 - fail
  • EvilRazorEvilRazor Posts: 143
    edited June 2018

I think there's 2 possible answers to that:
    1. Coldsnap has a accuracy in 100% as base (it not shows the percentage but it has to have a number as base like any ability in this game) and Domino's passive ability can reduce 15% of that stats, so she can evade one in 6 or 7 hits yours, even with coldsnap;
    2. She is working as intended and her evade is not acting compare to any evade in this game, like AA's stun after a neurotoxin expires. So until now, she is working as intended. Until now
  • Dr_PhysicoDr_Physico Posts: 58
    @Josh056 did Domino really EVADE (with the green writing on her side of the screen)? Because I have found an issue with iceman against various opponents to hit air on his light attacks. Could that be the reason here?

I noticed it first against Domino too and thought she would evade me, but then other champs in arena hit me mid-combo too until I actually saw the air-hit today...
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/74913/iceman-hits-air-on-light-attacks-in-combos
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★

Makes sense right? 🤷‍♂️

Active evade, passive evade, same same.....
    Also domino lucky is passive ability so passive evade...

Have we ever encountered someone who has both evade and ability accuracy reduction???
    However this seems stupid too as aa rediction could stop the coldsnap being placed but should not stop it working once it is there....
    Once someone is bleeding they always suffer bleed damage...it doesnt only apply on some ticks and not others....
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    I would say that, since domino's ability to evade is linked to her lucky buff, her ability to evade is active rather than passive. That's my best guess