**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is Archangel nerfed?

What happened to archangel in this new update. Archangel is my strongest champ.

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    He wasn't. His stun from neurotoxins was just fixed, and is now acting like a debuff
  • Options
    LosspikLosspik Posts: 253 ★★
    Thats all dependant on what you use your AA for, my 5/65 was nerfed for LOL hes now a waste of T2 Basics since I have no other end game content to complete.
  • Options
    Beholder_VBeholder_V Posts: 190
    It was a bug that got fixed. The neurotoxin effect is a passive effect and not a debuff, and when it expires it stuns the opponent. However, it was mistakenly applying the stun as a passive effect as well instead of a debuff, so it was able to stun opponents even if they were stun immune. Getting upset about this is just plain ridiculous, AA is one of the most powerful champs in the game, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that the bypass of stun immune was a bug since it wasn't anywhere in his description. This is a really silly thing to whine about, and to say it was now a waste of an upgrade to rank him? GTFO
  • Options
    _solidsnake_solidsnake Posts: 133
    Beholder_V wrote: »
    It was a bug that got fixed. The neurotoxin effect is a passive effect and not a debuff, and when it expires it stuns the opponent. However, it was mistakenly applying the stun as a passive effect as well instead of a debuff, so it was able to stun opponents even if they were stun immune. Getting upset about this is just plain ridiculous, AA is one of the most powerful champs in the game, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that the bypass of stun immune was a bug since it wasn't anywhere in his description. This is a really silly thing to whine about, and to say it was now a waste of an upgrade to rank him? GTFO

100% agree
  • Options
    I remember seeing threads where people pointed out that AA's neurotoxin stun could bypass immunity, but did Kabam ever actually say that this was working as intended? Or did folks just assume that silence on their part meant that it was working as intended?

I agree that Kabam really needs to work on that whole transparency thing. Could save themselves a lot of heartburn.....
  • Options
    AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    Fluffy wrote: »
    Except that's not why people are upset...the STUN was communicated as working as intended. Yes, people make mistakes. In my workplace, we quote sales to customers. If one of my people were to quote an incorrect price I would be required to honor it regardless if it was a mistake or not. I would fix it going forward, of course, but I would make it right for my customer. That's not what happened here.

Yes, being able to stun a stun immune opponent is ridiculous. So to was how Kabam handled the change...and that is the issue. The cover up is always worse than the crime!

This is the 100% truth. They need to compensate. Since it was their mistake not ours. I want a 5* AA rank down ticket for my r4 AA because of this
  • Options
    Sirnoob2Sirnoob2 Posts: 289 ★★
    I remember seeing threads where people pointed out that AA's neurotoxin stun could bypass immunity, but did Kabam ever actually say that this was working as intended? Or did folks just assume that silence on their part meant that it was working as intended?

I agree that Kabam really needs to work on that whole transparency thing. Could save themselves a lot of heartburn.....

they have said themself that it was working as intended

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/41952/arch-angel-against-stun-immune-champs
  • Options
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    Fluffy wrote: »
    Except that's not why people are upset...the STUN was communicated as working as intended. Yes, people make mistakes. In my workplace, we quote sales to customers. If one of my people were to quote an incorrect price I would be required to honor it regardless if it was a mistake or not. I would fix it going forward, of course, but I would make it right for my customer. That's not what happened here.

Yes, being able to stun a stun immune opponent is ridiculous. So to was how Kabam handled the change...and that is the issue. The cover up is always worse than the crime!

Stop being so over dramatic. Everyone knew it was broken regardless of what some random kabam mod said.

Your analogy is total ****. This situation is more like one of your salesmen was having dinner with a customer and promising to meet some targeted price while half drunk. Of course that isn't good but it's also not official communication either.

Just because someone said something doesn't make it gospel.

And just because they confirm something as working as intended they need to own up to their mistake and compensate for it
  • Options
    FluffyFluffy Posts: 446 ★★
    edited June 2018

If a rep for a company answers a question with as clear and concise an answer as the Mod did then you go back on that...I don't think it's out of line for some level of compensation.

I am not asking for me. My 5* is not duped and my 4* didn't require any T2 alphas to get to 5/50. I just think this is horrible precedent to set.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,572 ★★★★★
    Yes, he was. This Hero was released and in game for 15 months , “working as intended” and they tried to sneak this passive stun change in the last update without explaining the situation to anyone.
  • Options
    Appleisgod wrote: »
    I want a 5* AA rank down ticket for my r4 AA because of this

Seriously? ROFL Are you trying to say that AA's ability to bypass stun immune was the only thing that made him good? He's easily one of the most powerful characters in the game right now, and not because of his ability to bypass stun immunity.

• Options
    Appleisgod wrote: »
    I want a 5* AA rank down ticket for my r4 AA because of this

Seriously? ROFL Are you trying to say that AA's ability to bypass stun immune was the only thing that made him good? He's easily one of the most powerful characters in the game right now, and not because of his ability to bypass stun immunity.

Yes seriously, I ranked him up with the knowledge of that ability, mine is not duped so now he only has damage output, and I have other characters that have really good damage so I'd like my 4 t2a back
  • Options
    Sirnoob2 wrote: »

Ah, I see. That is rather shady then. My guess would be they assumed that the ability accuracy of neurotoxin was simply disabling the node's immunity and decided it was just part of what they created. Then someone probably discovered exactly how it was happening and realized it wasn't in fact part of his ability and decided to fix it.

If that's the case, then failure to communicate that is pretty crappy. If it's not the case, it's just downright mean spirited. Come on Kabam, just communicate a little.
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    It was a Nerf. No matter how you spin it, it was a Nerf. The only reason AA was looked at and changed is because people were using him in LoL and bypassing the maps limber. That's why a lot of people ranked him up and that's why their upset. I don't even have him as a 5 and think it's a little sketchy. Kabam was probably perfectly fine with his ability until they noticed how people were using him to clear certain things like LoL and last months Thanos. I honestly don't mind if they make changes to a champ if it's needed but they need to do it right and treat their customers right. I think rdts are warranted, I don't need one but still think it's a big enough change to require them.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    DaMunk wrote: »
    It was a Nerf. No matter how you spin it, it was a Nerf. The only reason AA was looked at and changed is because people were using him in LoL and bypassing the maps limber. That's why a lot of people ranked him up and that's why their upset. I don't even have him as a 5 and think it's a little sketchy. Kabam was probably perfectly fine with his ability until they noticed how people were using him to clear certain things like LoL and last months Thanos. I honestly don't mind if they make changes to a champ if it's needed but they need to do it right and treat their customers right. I think rdts are warranted, I don't need one but still think it's a big enough change to require them.

If they gave a rank down ticket for AA a month ago, probably 90% of people (and everyone i know) would have used one on him as he's not worth the t2a at this point in the game, he's just too niche.
  • Options
    DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    It’s not a nerf it’s a silent nerf
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    It was clearly bugged and now it got fixed. He was not working as intended, no matter what you say. The post where a mod said that he was working as intended was confirmed to be a mistake from that person.
    If you are asking for compensation or whatever is related to that, that is something apart. The fact is, he was bug, and that's it. So you can't call it a nerf based on a mistake from the answer of a mod.
  • Options
    Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    What happened to archangel in this new update. Archangel is my strongest champ.

Hello,

The fix to Archangel has been explained in detail in the existing official 18.1 discussion thread.
This discussion has been closed.