**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Your Average Joe Making Rank 205 in the Healing Factor Arena

PlayerFlash69PlayerFlash69 Posts: 5
edited June 2018 in General Discussion
So as given, I decided to go for the second round of the Deadpool arenas. Knowing that the last cutoff had reached a staggering 20 million, I knew that I’d have to essentially grind my rear off for the three days following.

My roster consisted of 7 5/50s, 31 4/40s, 38 3/30s, and 60 4/40s (3 Stars), the rest were untouched for the arena. Not using any refreshes, I spent grueling hours in a continuous chain of arena grinding, the final night being an all nighter.

I had reached roughly 20 million before passing out from the lack of sleep, roughly an hour before the arena had ended, and as you can see in the attached images, boy...did it cost me dearly.

My thoughts on it all: while I myself didn’t get Deadpool and, probably never will because of the conflicting schedule I have next week, I’d just like to say that it’s not impossible. I’m your typical guy, I have responsibles in real life that I have to attend to that of course were in the way of grinding. I didn’t use any refreshes, (I did use some boosts, however) and I only made 3 million on the first day.

That being said though, it’s definitely not a cakewalk. Your roster does have to be quite up there, and you’d have to spend several hours grinding (for me personally it was roughly 25+ of “fun”). But just know that it’s definitely not something that you think is “whale only”. If you really are dedicated to earning the champion, and if you’re essentially willing to waste countless hours playing the same fights over and over then, then it’s certainly possible.yxlg5kqyb87f.jpeg
gfappydwl255.png

Comments

• PlayerFlash69PlayerFlash69 Posts: 5
    25+ hours over 3 days is more than a full time job lol. That's not realistic for people that have full time jobs or families.

It was my own time personally, and based on my roster. A significant chunk of my points were from my 3 stars, and one match roughly equaled to half the arena points a 4 star 4/40 would. Essentially because I didn’t have as many four stars ranked up I had to spend twice as long earning the amounts of points they would’ve done with my three stars, so it honestly depends on how many characters you’ve maxed out, specifically 4 stars.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Wow typical guyyy 😂
  • BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    If you want a champ then pay for the refresh over and over until you get the number you wait. It takes 1/4 of the time as long as you have the money to waste!
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Lol I never grind arena with points more than 6m....that's my limit as I burn out quickly.
  • Deadly2016Deadly2016 Posts: 75
    i actually wasted all but 75 units when the goldpool crystals came out, so i went nuts for domino on the weekend and ended up with about 1.2k units that i invested in refreshes of my champs for dp, a 1.5x boost on a maxed 3* brings you around the same (even a little more) points then a 4/40 4*. those boosts are easy to collect over the weeks so i had enough to not use refreshes except for my top 6 4* (one of each class to use them boosted). in the end i got ranked somewhere 70-80 ish while working normal hrs and only playing in the lunchbreak and at home.
    its always possible, you just need to use your time and units as efficient as you can.
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    You will regret wasting that much time when you figure out that’s the 15-20 ppl are using mods in the arena.

In time if things do not change, you will learn to not cover anything in this game you cant get from playing 1hr a day at most.

Go out, play other games, have fun in other ways.
  • StarlordisWickedStarlordisWicked Posts: 295
    Thanks for sharing. As the OP's post said, there was ONE DP arena he had the time to grind for but not for the others. That's pretty normal of many gamers - no money to spend, but a free weekend to grind for a fun hero. If he said he has hit 205 on every arena the last year that would not be typical.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    We have a typical average guy in our alliance, works, kids etc.
    He put up 27.2 million and ranked 9
  • MayhemMayhem Posts: 91
    What is up with arenas? I get it. I grind for them like most of us. I have a new account now so I have the luxury of only putting up 1.7 mil for Domino, but on my old account I was grinding my ass off for a basic champ and still barely getting it. With mods, bots, and every other cheat out there, not to mention whales that can pay to refresh top champs, how is it possible to get the featured 4 star, let alone 5 star in arenas anymore? Something really needs to change to stop this burnout. I think the best solution is to put a point reward (just like T4B arena), get our champ at 5 mil or something reasonable, and let us enjoy the rest of the game or just our everyday life. Speaking of which... we need a T4 CLASS arena. Even once a month would be appreciated.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    You will regret wasting that much time when you figure out that’s the 15-20 ppl are using mods in the arena.

In time if things do not change, you will learn to not cover anything in this game you cant get from playing 1hr a day at most.

tenor.gif
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    Why torture and waste your time for outdated 4*
  • CallmelaFleurCallmelaFleur Posts: 231
    DNA3000 wrote: »

tenor.gif

I know the guys who came in 2nd, 14th and 66th place. No mods, dudes put in the work, boosts and unites.

Noonononono don't get salty and accuse cheating. The AI does that plenty. I know the 2nd, 14th and 66th place dudes in the last arena. Hard work, long hours, boosts and units.

I know the guys who came in 2nd, 14th and 66th place. No mods, dudes put in the work, boosts and unites.

Noonononono don't get salty and accuse cheating. The AI does that plenty. I know the 2nd, 14th and 66th place dudes in the last arena. Hard work, long hours, boosts and units.

@CallmelaFleur

People cheat, it’s a fact of life, they talk about how to cheat even post videos on how to do it. To Kabam’s credit they do punish cheaters, but if 6ppl cheated that would mean the OP earned his prize but won’t get it because Kabam won’t go back and make adjustments. So what’s the point especially when the avg player doesn’t have 25hrs in 3 days to play.

IMO, the game needs an overhaul, Mike talked about the shifting META in a different post, and that’s fine no META should be stagnant the problem is that most of the champs fit the LETA: Least Effective Team Available and that fact puts upward pressure on a handful of champs (god tier). Then you toss in RNG, bugs, shortages, etc. All you are left with is a bunch of champs who are awesome in the comics but utterly useless in this game.
  • CallmelaFleurCallmelaFleur Posts: 231
    I came in 171st in the first one. All live, all on Youtube. IOS gets an unfair advantage and I was using a note 8. 5 hours of loading screens extra. I also made a big forum post, literally about an AVG JOE doing it and the Android problem. Sick, had the time and home, slept 6 is hours a night. I wouldn't have made the cutoff in the second. 20,034,543
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    People cheat, it’s a fact of life, they talk about how to cheat even post videos on how to do it. To Kabam’s credit they do punish cheaters, but if 6ppl cheated that would mean the OP earned his prize but won’t get it because Kabam won’t go back and make adjustments. So what’s the point especially when the avg player doesn’t have 25hrs in 3 days to play.

People cheat, its a fact of life: do you ask what's the point everywhere else that cheating occurs? People probably cheated to get ahead of you in your career. So what's the point of continuing to work at it?

I could have made it in the first round: I stopped at 17.5 million and eventually ranked 257 with no cheating, no bots, no money spent, and in far less than 25 hours of play. I missed in large part because I spent significant time away from the game doing other things, spending time with other people. I don't regret it. Especially not knowing what the required score would be, I put in the time I felt I could. At the end of the day, I didn't miss because of cheaters or bots, or anything else except that I chose to put in less effort than other people willing to put in more. And sure, it didn't feel great to miss after all that effort, but losing is part of competing. No one likes to lose. But if there's no chance to lose, there's no joy in winning.

People cheat, its a fact of life: do you ask what's the point everywhere else that cheating occurs? People probably cheated to get ahead of you in your career. So what's the point of continuing to work at it?

I could have made it in the first round: I stopped at 17.5 million and eventually ranked 257 with no cheating, no bots, no money spent, and in far less than 25 hours of play. I missed in large part because I spent significant time away from the game doing other things, spending time with other people. I don't regret it. Especially not knowing what the required score would be, I put in the time I felt I could. At the end of the day, I didn't miss because of cheaters or bots, or anything else except that I chose to put in less effort than other people willing to put in more. And sure, it didn't feel great to miss after all that effort, but losing is part of competing. No one likes to lose. But if there's no chance to lose, there's no joy in winning.

@DNA3000

Your post comes off as you are defending cheating or you are ambivalent about it, either way have fun, enjoy
  • SmokeyjonblazeSmokeyjonblaze Posts: 3
    I think eventually theres going to be lawsuits against this game. The game is designed to be addictive kind of like gambling and human fingers arent made to repeatedly make the motion this game requires. In a year of playing I've developed a form of arthritis. Not that this is the the only game I've played but I never had issues before this game and I pretty much stopped playing other games since ive started playing this. They should make the opponents more difficult or something to change the current reward system in versus
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    Why torture and waste your time for outdated 4*

LOL it's still not your 4* though. outdated yes but still ain't yours.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    The key is greater arena boosts... if u didn’t use and refresh them, then it is very very difficult

Not really, I used most arena boost on 3*. I had 1.2k+ arena boost crystals and I never grind with 3* anyway so I popped about 500+ and used them. Used them without refreshing with units cuz thats a waste and was able to get 23m.
    You get 10k+ points for each boosted 3* 4/40 (20k+ with greater 3* arena boost) which is more than a 4* 3/30 and par with 4* 4/40 and since i have at least 40-50 maxed 3* thats about 400-500k points with only 3* within a 30min window

m2seur6vv8dd.png