Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Blade's Denger Sense Is A Joke now

Comments

• Options
    JZ734JZ734 Posts: 95
    NevvB wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Player1994 wrote: »
    After we used all our resources to bring this guy to his max potentiel i'm very ashamed of him .. Blade was cool and i'm 100% sure he is nerfed now .. i've seeing multiple discussion about it wasn't sure of it .. i was but i just kept hoping it was wrong and kabam stopped her nerfing but no :

VS morningstar = Denger sense does not counter her bleeding .. she triggers it every time
    VS mordo = no ability reduction ( power gain ) ( astral evdae ) everytime
    Vs dormamu = degen in every dexterity buff ( specially at war boss )
    vs magik = limbos even when baiting sp1 only
    vs Rhino = every dash is unstoppable + umblockable triggers like normal champ ( women size:s)
    vs void = nothing he only adds attaque
    vs mephisto = Aura triggers more often ( luckily he still inhabites the regen sometimes )
    vs abomin = dont wanna talk about it used blade on him in lol he took +1000 units from me till he
    canceled the poison
    vs electro = again i used blade on him in lol when he just entered the contest he was very very handful
    now electro shocks him like normal champs + not mentioning his a skill so the damage
    must be low
    vs king groot = heal everytime in healing phase
    vs juggernaut = his delaying his unstoppable buff now and when you start hitting him he triggers it
    sometimes after doing specials with 0.5 sec delay
    ultrons = no heal no evade cancel anymore

if someone can prove me wrong i'm happpy to hear you ..

You are clearly not using him correctly. He doesnt stop any abilities.
    With no synergies he has a 40% ability reduction to dimensional beings.
    With GR/Dorm that extends to villains.
    With Mehpisto that extends to Mystics.
    With Stark Spidey its increased to 58%.
    Bleed, poison and limbo debuff duration is based on stored power. At 3 bars of power, he can reduce their duration by 95%.
    Before calling nerf, do your homework. Nothing wrong with Blade.

Lol, please double check your “homework” before telling others to do so.

@NevvB Please tell me what information is wrong then? Go ahead. I'll wait.

Sure —
    GR synergy is for villains. Dorm/Meph extends danger sense to mystics.

Bleed/poison is based on stored power. Limbo is not. Limbo is passive and will have the 58% chance to nottrigger. If limbo does trigger, there is also a 58% chance for limbo to not do damage.

No. Limbo/Dorms degen when triggered will shorten based on power as well. All the above abilities have a chance not to trigger with the proper synergies. Ive seen it happen with my blade. I will conceede that i put dorm in the wrong synergy. Passive debuffs are still counted.

Sorry. You're wrong.

I have a 5/65 duped blade and have had him since he came out. I have tested it and seen it happen.

I have a 5/65 blade also and have tested it against bosses also. Dorm’s degen and Magik’s limbo are both passive debuffs so they dont get reduced.

there is no such thing as passive debuffs.
    Magik limbo is an offensive and defensive ability (using specials and by filling a bar of power). The chance to trigger limbo is reduced by danger sense

Actually there is such a thing as passive debuffs, dorm's degen being one of them. If there are not passive debuffs, how do you explain ragnarok hulk's Face Me ability?
  • Options
    Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    Jh_Dez wrote: »
    Danger sense with stark synergy is just 60% chance to stop abilities from working if my math is correct
    This is probably just bad luck with rng

58%

Actually its 65.25%
    Since 45% of the original percent chance is 20.25
    Adding them is 65.25
    Both our math may still be off lol
  • Options
    Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,174 ★★★
    Danger sense with stark synergy is just 60% chance to stop abilities from working if my math is correct

58%

Actually its 65.25%
    Adding them is 65.25

It is 58%. Kabam himself admitted it being 58%.
  • Options
    "Mordo's astral form grants him immunity to reductions in ability accuracy from passive effects"

I would interpret that would extend to blade as his danger sense is a passive ability.
  • Options
    LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    Anurag1606 wrote: »
    My question is how do we know danger sense is Woking at 40% and at 58% with spark synergy? Don't you all think this RNG is a safeguard for kabam and under which they can do anything they want? No one can debate RNG

You can test it over hundreds of fights. With a large enough sample size you will get close to the actual %.
    "Mordo's astral form grants him immunity to reductions in ability accuracy from passive effects"

I would interpret that would extend to blade as his danger sense is a passive ability.

Yeah, but Blade ignores immunities. "This Ability Accuracy reduction ignores Dimensional Beings’ Immunities."

So Blade's ability trumps the immunity lol
  • Options
    LoPresti wrote: »
    My question is how do we know danger sense is Woking at 40% and at 58% with spark synergy? Don't you all think this RNG is a safeguard for kabam and under which they can do anything they want? No one can debate RNG

You can test it over hundreds of fights. With a large enough sample size you will get close to the actual %.

Yeah, but Blade ignores immunities. "This Ability Accuracy reduction ignores Dimensional Beings’ Immunities."

That's the whole arguemet with blade right now. Mordo isn't a dimensional being so at its base danger sense wouldn't affect him. When blade is paired with GR however that synergy extends danger sense to affect villains as well, which Mordo is. The same goes for dorm/mephisto extending to mystics. The issue right now is that blade used to decrease Mordo's ability accuracy when paired with GR and could stop his power gain and astral evade but since the recent update he no longer does. But apparently still can when paired with dorm/mephisto. Miike has said in another thread about it that he closed that blade's ability to ignore immunities of dimensional beings with danger sense isn't actually part of danger sense and therefore isn't carried over with synergies.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    JZ734 wrote: »

That's the whole arguemet with blade right now. Mordo isn't a dimensional being so at its base danger sense wouldn't affect him. When blade is paired with GR however that synergy extends danger sense to affect villains as well, which Mordo is. The same goes for dorm/mephisto extending to mystics. The issue right now is that blade used to decrease Mordo's ability accuracy when paired with GR and could stop his power gain and astral evade but since the recent update he no longer does. But apparently still can when paired with dorm/mephisto. Miike has said in another thread about it that he closed that blade's ability to ignore immunities of dimensional beings with danger sense isn't actually part of danger sense and therefore isn't carried over with synergies.

I think mike explained it kinda badly and caused more confusion. Everything from danger sense is applied when it is extended using a synergy. The attack bonus and the ability accuracy reduction (AAR). However, the way Mike explained it implied there was a third part, the ability to ignore immunities to AAR.

there’s actually only two parts, the attack bonus and AAR. It just so happens that this AAR can ignore dimensional beings immunities. So the ability to ignore dimensional beings immunities IS “carried over”, but it’s irrelevant, because blade gets danger sense against dimensional beings anyway. Since Mordo is not a dimensional being, it does not ignore his immunity.

Imagine if Blade’s danger sense was triggered by mutant class. Let’s say, in this hypothetical situation, that there was a synergy that extended his danger sense to the tech class. As part of blade’s abilities, let’s say it stated that Blade’s AAR was able to ignore immunities from the mutant class. It wouldn’t then make sense for blade to ignore tech classes Immunity as well when his synergy was activated.

Because that’s what’s happening here. Dimensional being is a classification in the game, similar to the champions own class. Blade can ignore dimensional being ‘s immunities. And only dimensional beings immunities.
  • Options

I think mike explained it kinda badly and caused more confusion. Everything from danger sense is applied when it is extended using a synergy. The attack bonus and the ability accuracy reduction (AAR). However, the way Mike explained it implied there was a third part, the ability to ignore immunities to AAR.

there’s actually only two parts, the attack bonus and AAR. It just so happens that this AAR can ignore dimensional beings immunities. So the ability to ignore dimensional beings immunities IS “carried over”, but it’s irrelevant, because blade gets danger sense against dimensional beings anyway. Since Mordo is not a dimensional being, it does not ignore his immunity.

Imagine if Blade’s danger sense was triggered by mutant class. Let’s say, in this hypothetical situation, that there was a synergy that extended his danger sense to the tech class. As part of blade’s abilities, let’s say it stated that Blade’s AAR was able to ignore immunities from the mutant class. It wouldn’t then make sense for blade to ignore tech classes Immunity as well when his synergy was activated.

Because that’s what’s happening here. Dimensional being is a classification in the game, similar to the champions own class. Blade can ignore dimensional being ‘s immunities. And only dimensional beings immunities.

I understand that. This only works if ignoring immunities isn't part of danger sense, which is in fact what Miike was saying is the case. The issue is that he has said nothing changed with blade and how he's working now is how he has always worked, which isn't true at all.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I understand that. This only works if ignoring immunities isn't part of danger sense, which is in fact what Miike was saying is the case. The issue is that he has said nothing changed with blade and how he's working now is how he has always worked, which isn't true at all.

Danger sense as a base ability is only applicable to dimensional beings. The ignore immunity is part of danger sense, that’s why it’s written in the same bullet point. But the ignore immunities is only applicable to dimensional beings. So when danger sense is extended through synergies, this does not change Blade’s ignore dimensional beings immunities ability.

Ignoring immunities of Dimensional beings is part of danger sense. But it still “works” because when danger sense is applied to a villain or mystic champ it functions as
    -is opponent immune to AAR?
    -is opponent dimensional being?
    If the answer is yes to both then blade ignores immunities. If the answer is yes then no, Blade cannot ignore the immunity.

I don’t think mike is aware that Blade uses to bypass Mordo astral evade. He’s misinformed or mistaken.
    https://youtu.be/nKm2mdfX0hI
    This vid quite clearly shows him reducing Mordo AA.
  • Options
    That's my point exactly. I know at its base danger sense only works against dimensional beings. Having it extended through synergies therefore implies that it changes to "affects dimensional beings and villains/mystics" depending on synergy because it otherwise wouldn't affect those champs. The whole area of debate is focused around your video. Nowhere in blade's ability description does it say that his ability to ignore immunity isn't treated the same way as his attack increase and AAR, so it's reasonable to assume it would be. And for a time, as the video shows, that's how it worked. But it no longer functions that way.
  • Options
    AsmodeyusAsmodeyus Posts: 217
    He is functioning a little off, sadly no way to prove if intended, or glitched/bugged.
  • Options
    After we used all our resources to bring this guy to his max potentiel i'm very ashamed of him .. Blade was cool and i'm 100% sure he is nerfed now .. i've seeing multiple discussion about it wasn't sure of it .. i was but i just kept hoping it was wrong and kabam stopped her nerfing but no :

VS morningstar = Denger sense does not counter her bleeding .. she triggers it every time
    vs Rhino = every dash is unstoppable + umblockable triggers like normal champ ( women size:s)
    vs mephisto = Aura triggers more often ( luckily he still inhabites the regen sometimes )
    vs abomin = dont wanna talk about it used blade on him in lol he took +1000 units from me till he
    canceled the poison
    vs electro = again i used blade on him in lol when he just entered the contest he was very very handful
    now electro shocks him like normal champs + not mentioning his a skill so the damage
    must be low
    vs juggernaut = his delaying his unstoppable buff now and when you start hitting him he triggers it

Bleed, poison and limbo debuff duration is based on stored power. At 3 bars of power, he can reduce their duration by 95%.

Sure —

Bleed/poison is based on stored power. Limbo is not. Limbo is passive and will have the 58% chance to nottrigger. If limbo does trigger, there is also a 58% chance for limbo to not do damage.

No. Limbo/Dorms degen when triggered will shorten based on power as well. All the above abilities have a chance not to trigger with the proper synergies. Ive seen it happen with my blade. I will conceede that i put dorm in the wrong synergy. Passive debuffs are still counted.

Sorry. You're wrong.

I have a 5/65 duped blade and have had him since he came out. I have tested it and seen it happen.

I have a 5/65 blade also and have tested it against bosses also. Dorm’s degen and Magik’s limbo are both passive debuffs so they dont get reduced.

there is no such thing as passive debuffs.
    Magik limbo is an offensive and defensive ability (using specials and by filling a bar of power). The chance to trigger limbo is reduced by danger sense

Actually there is such a thing as passive debuffs, dorm's degen being one of them. If there are not passive debuffs, how do you explain ragnarok hulk's Face Me ability?
  • Options
    ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★

58%

Actually its 65.25%
    Adding them is 65.25

To say that 45% of 40 is 20.25 is definitely a bit off haha
    45% of 45 is 20.25 yes, but he originally has a 40% reduction, which is 18% extra
  • Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★

canceled the poison
    must be low

Sure —

Ummm...you are 100% wrong on limbo. Limbo is not and has never been a debuff.

I’m pretty confident dorm’a degen shortens based on stores power, but not sure.

To answer the topic on this thread, it makes me wonder how many people commenting actually have a blade. I have always had problems taking dorm degen—danger sense never seemed to stop that for me—same with Morningstar bleeds.

The mordo thing is annoying. I have heard elsewhere that kabam “fixed” what they termed a bug using blade against mordo. Similar to drax and AA, if it’s true, it’s complete bs and extremely shady. Had to do with blade stopping mordo’s power gain.
  • Options
    Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    ShadPrince wrote: »

58%

Actually its 65.25%
    Adding them is 65.25

To say that 45% of 40 is 20.25 is definitely a bit off haha
    45% of 45 is 20.25 yes, but he originally has a 40% reduction, which is 18% extra

Oh sorry
    I thought his danger sense was 45% chance bypass
    That's where I'm wrong
    Thank you
  • Options
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    Run477 wrote: »

canceled the poison
    must be low

Sure —

To answer the topic on this thread, it makes me wonder how many people commenting actually have a blade. I have always had problems taking dorm degen—danger sense never seemed to stop that for me—same with Morningstar bleeds.

The mordo thing is annoying. I have heard elsewhere that kabam “fixed” what they termed a bug using blade against mordo. Similar to drax and AA, if it’s true, it’s complete bs and extremely shady. Had to do with blade stopping mordo’s power gain.

Dorms damage is based on his sig level. Limbo debuff or not, the length is not based on power, nor the damage. The % possibility of Magik going into limbo is based on the number of power bars she has. It’s like some people don’t have dorm, Magik or blade and haven’t considered reading their sigs. 😉

I think you completely misunderstood what I wrote...or you don’t understand abilities.

When I said dorm’s damage is shortened based on stored power, I meant BLADE’S stored power. Blade reduces length of debuff the higher stored power he has. I assume that dorm’s Degen is a debuff. I just haven’t paid attention.

And I have no idea why you brought up magik sig ability. I would hope at this point everyone knows what you posted. I was just telling the individual posting that limbo was not a debuff bc he seemed confused about that.
  • Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★

canceled the poison
    must be low

Sure —

Dorms damage is based on his sig level. Limbo debuff or not, the length is not based on power, nor the damage. The % possibility of Magik going into limbo is based on the number of power bars she has. It’s like some people don’t have dorm, Magik or blade and haven’t considered reading their sigs. 😉

I think you completely misunderstood what I wrote...or you don’t understand abilities.

When I said dorm’s damage is shortened based on stored power, I meant BLADE’S stored power. Blade reduces length of debuff the higher stored power he has. I assume that dorm’s Degen is a debuff. I just haven’t paid attention.

And I have no idea why you brought up magik sig ability. I would hope at this point everyone knows what you posted. I was just telling the individual posting that limbo was not a debuff bc he seemed confused about that.

Nope it is you that is not understanding abilities NOT _ASDF_.

Limbo and dorm's degen are both PASSIVE, fight them, and take notice to the brighter/sharper colour compared to other debuffs/buffs. Since they are PASSIVE they are NOT affected by blade's debuff shortening based on stored power.

More clearly stated, whether you are at 3 bars of power or 0 bars of power, dorm's degen and limbo will be the exact same length.

Fun facts with danger sense versus limbo:

1. It can stop the limbo trigger completely
    2. Limbo might trigger but you might not take limbo damage
    3. Limbo will trigger but it might not heal Magik back the hp lost during the limbo

Since there are so many aspects of limbo, each are affected by danger sense.

By the way in regards to the original post, NOTHING has changed with blade other than the interaction with mordo, however use the mephisto/dorm synergy to target all mystics and he works as he did before against mordo. A 40% ability reduction to up to 58% does not mean everytime.
  • Options

canceled the poison
    must be low

Sure —

Nope it is you that is not understanding abilities NOT _ASDF_.

Limbo and dorm's degen are both PASSIVE, fight them, and take notice to the brighter/sharper colour compared to other debuffs/buffs. Since they are PASSIVE they are NOT affected by blade's debuff shortening based on stored power.

More clearly stated, whether you are at 3 bars of power or 0 bars of power, dorm's degen and limbo will be the exact same length.

Fun facts with danger sense versus limbo:

1. It can stop the limbo trigger completely
    2. Limbo might trigger but you might not take limbo damage
    3. Limbo will trigger but it might not heal Magik back the hp lost during the limbo

Since there are so many aspects of limbo, each are affected by danger sense.

By the way in regards to the original post, NOTHING has changed with blade other than the interaction with mordo, however use the mephisto/dorm synergy to target all mystics and he works as he did before against mordo. A 40% ability reduction to up to 58% does not mean everytime.

Regarding dorm, I said I thought it was a debuff and would shorten based on power stored, but I didn’t know. Obviously I was wrong there. And yes, I’m well aware of limbo and how it interacts with blade’s danger sense.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★

canceled the poison
    must be low

Lol, idk why they’re flagging you... you’re completely right. I think everyone is expecting him to have 95% ability reduction when paired with stark. It’s not the case. He has 40% + additional 45% increased. Not just additional. So that’s 40%x45% = 58% not 95%.

So that’s why he will still trigger bleed for Ms, poison from Abom (he also has passive poison from bleed lol instant death)

I’m not gonna be an a**hole but do your homework for sure or guys all troll you. And don’t flag guys like demonzfrye for telling the truth.
  • Options
    UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    There is so much wrong information in this thread it’s painful. I wouldn’t even know where to start with correcting it.
  • Options
    Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    Welcome to the many blade nerfs upcoming. My fellow owners are we happy?
    Say your piece now!
  • Options
    SupermanojSupermanoj Posts: 95
    I have a 5/65 blade sig 200. I use him a lot and the amount of confusion in this thread is staggering. 58% ability accuracy reduction still leaves them that 42% chance of that ability to manifest. My main use for it is the high attack that comes with danger sense.

If you finish the fight quick then doesn't really matter if the ability reduction doesn't always work. At least not to me anyway. As for dealing with debuffs as they arise... if I know I'll have a lot to deal with then I don't use specials and keep blade at max power unless I need to regen.

With mordo, yes it's annoying that astral evade works every time now but if you have a blade with GR and Stark spidey and can't fight him successfully as a stun immune champ... you have bigger issues than blade's abilities.
  • Options
    Coop4440Coop4440 Posts: 22
    My blade acts fine
  • Options
    PureRage13PureRage13 Posts: 164

canceled the poison
    must be low

As a Blade owner, I find most of this to be false. Blade isn't great against Morningstar...but that's not new. She tends to trigger Bleed a lot. Blade is great against Abom if you play like he's stun immune and you don't use specials. To be honest there are many better options for Abom though.

The rest of the list (with the exception of Mordo) isn't accurate in my experience. Are you using Blade with Sparky? I find that a lot of what you are stating could be the case with Blade's default Danger Sense abilities. But, Blades strength and OP'ness was always based in his synergies with GR and Sparky.
  • Options
    PureRage13PureRage13 Posts: 164
    Mordo and archangel can't have their ability accuracy reduced. Danger sense will only grant blade extra damage against mordo as a result, he can't affect mordo's abilities with it.

The line in Mordo's description specifically says his astral form is immune to ability accuracy reduction...which I assume to mean his astral evade. But shouldn't Blade still be able to potential shut off his power gain some of the time?