**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AW seasons - Should punishments be more SEVERE ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Riegel wrote: »
    Well these guys picked a bad time to cheat then. It is no ones fault bu their own.
    Voltolos wrote: »
    I don't think they should be perma banned from the game. Should they receive a harsher punishment than just moving to a different alliance and doing the same stuff? Yes, absolutely.

I think anyone person caught cheating should receive 1 week ban and be removed from his alliance by Kabam.

I think any alliance caught cheating should be unable to queue for AW for 1 week. Any member of this alliance should be unable to qualify for rewards in any new alliance for the remainder of that season or 2 weeks whichever is longer.

This is a bad idea, my alliance has been punished because one of our guys cheated, but we didn't know about it. So if we'd lose an entire week of rewards bacause of something we can't control then thats unfair

thats why my entire post said, we NEED to know who broke the rules. sad to see ur entire allaince punished but that should come with it if u house...a person who broke the rules...

BUT...if u knew this guy had some sort of way to tell u....he is a cheater. wouild u let him in your allaince the first place if it shows u that this guy is a cheater ? prob not!

(this is the whole reason of my post so that PEOPLE like this...dont go to allaince and MESS everything up..) if i knew someone was cheater and trying to join my allaince i WOULD not let them in!

They already said they will never tell you. IMO the best solution for individual cheating is being removed from the alliance. If the cheater remains in the alliance then that alliance may be punished again.

how will u find the cheater?

You don't, but Kabam know and instead of telling the leader they should temp ban the cheater and auto remove them from the alliance. This way the alliance doesn't have to go on a witch hunt and the cheaters "privacy" isn't violated.
  • Options
    Yes, you can always reverse engineer who was cheating, and you can view that as a breech of their "privacy" but they do point/rating deductions in AW already, so it's already easy to know who all the cheaters are lol.
  • Options
    ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    @Riegel then the cheaters will flee to another allaince and cheat over there, or change his account name, etc
  • Options
    @Riegel then the cheaters will flee to another allaince and cheat over there, or change his account name, etc

Yes, but at least they will have lost a week of play time and hopefully learned the lesson.
  • Options
    nopenope Posts: 134
    My war is done. What time should I expect the adjustments for the cheaters?
  • Options
    New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    The war system is so manipulated and troublesome that I’ve given up and I’m just casually playing these days
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    It’s easy to say “all cheaters should be banned from game and season” but it needs to be looked at from a developer and player perspective. First off, what are you constituting a cheater as? There are many forms of cheating, some more severe than others. In my opinion, any hacking/mods must be the most severe form, followed by account piloting, followed by search manipulation.

If you think in terms of cheating *the game* then mods and hacks tend to be seen to be a more severe infraction than allowing someone else to play for you, because one subverts the integrity of the game more than the other. But if you think in terms of cheating in a competition against other people, allowing someone else to compete for you is generally considered at least as serious an infraction if not more, because it completely subverts the notion of a fair competition. And in terms of punishment it could draw higher penalties if piloting is intrinsically more difficult to detect than hacking is.

Penalties serve two purposes: to remediate, and to deter. Remediation seeks to take away the ill-gotten gains accrued through cheating. Deterrence seeks to make the punishment so high that no one would risk the potential gains. The harder a form of cheating is to detect, the lower the percentage of people you will catching cheating in that way. To be an effective deterrent, the penalties for those kinds of infractions must become higher to compensate for the lower detection percentage.
  • Options

Yes, but at least they will have lost a week of play time and hopefully learned the lesson.

cheaters never learn look at what happened when a certain allaince jumped ship to another high tier allaince then disbanded again mid season
  • Options

cheaters never learn look at what happened when a certain allaince jumped ship to another high tier allaince then disbanded again mid season

I will say that it is hard to learn when the punishment wasn't really a punishment.
  • Options
    Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    It’s easy to say “all cheaters should be banned from game and season” but it needs to be looked at from a developer and player perspective. First off, what are you constituting a cheater as? There are many forms of cheating, some more severe than others. In my opinion, any hacking/mods must be the most severe form, followed by account piloting, followed by search manipulation.

If you think in terms of cheating *the game* then mods and hacks tend to be seen to be a more severe infraction than allowing someone else to play for you, because one subverts the integrity of the game more than the other. But if you think in terms of cheating in a competition against other people, allowing someone else to compete for you is generally considered at least as serious an infraction if not more, because it completely subverts the notion of a fair competition. And in terms of punishment it could draw higher penalties if piloting is intrinsically more difficult to detect than hacking is.

Penalties serve two purposes: to remediate, and to deter. Remediation seeks to take away the ill-gotten gains accrued through cheating. Deterrence seeks to make the punishment so high that no one would risk the potential gains. The harder a form of cheating is to detect, the lower the percentage of people you will catching cheating in that way. To be an effective deterrent, the penalties for those kinds of infractions must become higher to compensate for the lower detection percentage.

This sums up the concept pretty well, to which i'd have to add that equal punishment has to be handed as long as cheating is registered. And when i say equal, i mean that giving a 1.4m deduction and 300 war rating penalty to an ally according with another one for a map devoid of defenders and not attackers is a good call, but not giving a penalty to another ally according a 2* war with the opponents out of game's reach in private chats would be stupid and an unfair treatment not only to fair players, but also to the first ally who got hammered down.

So far kabam has dished out the same penalties and deduction for every form of cheating (piloting, agreed wars) so i'd expect that to not change till new season. But not doing anything at all to punish this would mean that the judgement is not objective, thus pretty much allowing unfair play and bad conduct to every single ally in the game.

As much as i understand losing top 3 master would be huge at 3 wars from end, there shouldnt be any kind of justification into not doing so. After all said Ally has already accessed master top 3 rewards in season 1 with a full season of piloting, so it's not even first time they go unpunished. Big ally, small ally, medium ally, they all gets treated equally, if you wanna enforce fair play. Else just don't care and give back points to the ones who suffered deductions and just bluntly admit you don't care.
  • Options

I will say that it is hard to learn when the punishment wasn't really a punishment.

but people will still cheat, take alook at what just happened, some allainces havent loged in for days...and its THIS deep into the season, goes to show u, people know they are cheating and willing to risk it all.

im just glad kabam did something to them, and they are slipping....from masters
  • Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

but people will still cheat, take alook at what just happened, some allainces havent loged in for days...and its THIS deep into the season, goes to show u, people know they are cheating and willing to risk it all.

Those master - plat 1 alliances that have members who haven't logged in for days got banned for something else, unrelated to piloting, search manipulation, or anything AW-related.
  • Options

Those master - plat 1 alliances that have members who haven't logged in for days got banned for something else, unrelated to piloting, search manipulation, or anything AW-related.

breaking the rules is breaking the rules, plain and simple
  • Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

breaking the rules is breaking the rules, plain and simple

Yup, just mentioning those recent bans were unrelated to AW. There have been no bans towards unhealthy AW-related activities (except for hacking) that has been dealt, afaik.
  • Options
    Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    I agree with grounded on this one
    There's no need for a cheat tag
    And decreasing aw points of the ally is a suitable punishment
    I don't think any other form of punishment is necessary
    A cheat tag just removes a players ability to join other alliances
    Which in the long run is unfair compared to missing out a few shards in seasons rewards.
  • Options
    ezmoneyezmoney Posts: 208
    enough is enough with this ****. If people are paying money in a game then these cheats need to be banned permanently... zero tolerance. Reset your account and start from scratch. This slap on the wrist garbage is getting old quickly.
  • Options
    ezmoneyezmoney Posts: 208
    Jh_Dez wrote: »
    I agree with grounded on this one
    There's no need for a cheat tag
    And decreasing aw points of the ally is a suitable punishment
    I don't think any other form of punishment is necessary
    A cheat tag just removes a players ability to join other alliances
    Which in the long run is unfair compared to missing out a few shards in seasons rewards.

yeah screw cheat tags.... just ban them permanently period. Kabam needs to drop down a huge hammer and send a message.
  • Options
    IanMoone89IanMoone89 Posts: 590
    Everyone talking bout cheating and all when all this could of been avoided had they never made war into a money pit and left it the way it was unbroken...but instead they make it worse and worse each time so its no surprise cheating occurs
  • Options
    gnews85gnews85 Posts: 96
    I agree that cheat tag is extreme. 720 hr ban would do the trick in most cases. However, i dony think that point deductions to the cheat team is enough either. What about the allies that got beat by pilot/modded players? In most cases these allies would have won the matchup. I would suggest going through the cheating allies war history for the season and awarding the 50k victory bonus to all the allies they faced as well.

My 2 cents
  • Options
    GreekBeekGreekBeek Posts: 107
    Just like mods can silence you in global chat for spamming (turn off your chat function in-app for a week), AW should be dealt with the same way. Once deemed a cheater, they should apply a ban to that player from joining AW (depending on the severity of the infraction) for a set amount of time. If a cheater is bold enough to join an alliance during their ban period, you'd know quick enough when the new guy doesn't join AW, and can deal with it however you see fit.
  • Options
    HuonuoHuonuo Posts: 42
    100%. the punishment for doing 2* wars and piloting needs to be more fitting.. 300 rating reduction without season points reduction is not appropriate, so all these alliances violating the rules can continue playing and being matched up to lower rating alliances which they can win easily and getting the bonus points.

How is this a punishment?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    We also don't know what actions will be taken when Rewards are given out. It's possible the Rewards will be altered for those found cheating.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    In which case, it might make a reduction in Season Points moot.
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    How about they put jail bars on people that cheated so alliances know they cheated once the cheater has been cheat free for 2 months remove the bars
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Another “master alliance” was hit..season 4 as of now..

Dropped down to t2

Its still the same..dropping alliance war rating and points but they can still fight to get good rewards and face weaker alliance round t2

Again it could be 1 person ruining for the team or all 30. But again.. everyone is effected by it. And we dont even know who did the wrong doing..

5dxek1y5r2qw.jpeg