**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

MYSTIC DISPERSION Suggested Change

I'd like to recommend a change in Mystic Dispersion that I think would be a lot more fair and respect the skill of players better. Currently, unless you get a mystic champion with MD in war or arena to use their power by baiting them often, there is no way to succeed against MD no matter how well you play. I'm not a fan or fights where there is nothing you can do to change the outcome. I think Mystic Dispersion would work far better if, instead of giving power to the opposing player when a buff expires, it removes power from you. That way, the more buffs you use, the more MD limits your power gain. I can also see this type of Mystic Dispersion not only more effective for fighting against characters with MD, but also for attack and finding ways to better combat against characters with power gain abilities such as Doctor Strange, Mordo, Hyperion, etc.

I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

Comments

• Rahul_ContestRahul_Contest Posts: 105
    What i was thinking is that change dexterity a little bit. Right now each time we evade it refreshes that critical hit buff duration and stays on you for few seconds or until you land a hit on opponent. So what I'm suggesting is remove that refresh part, once you get critical buff on you it stays that until you land a hit.
  • TiemiliosTiemilios Posts: 337
    What i was thinking is that change dexterity a little bit. Right now each time we evade it refreshes that critical hit buff duration and stays on you for few seconds or until you land a hit on opponent. So what I'm suggesting is remove that refresh part, once you get critical buff on you it stays that until you land a hit.

would certainly help :) but I still feel that MD needs an overhaul to be more fair. But this would indeed help an awful lot when fighting with characters where the only buff they get is from Dexterity.

Thanks for the thoughts!
  • Aganemmnom1_1Aganemmnom1_1 Posts: 43
    MD is a challenge but it teaches you to fight differently turn of dextarity and... Try it out! PS I agree with you kinda
    MD is a challenge but it teaches you to fight differently turn of dextarity and... Try it out! PS I agree with you kinda

I can adapt my fighting style, but again I don't want this to be solely focused on Mystic Dispersion and Dexterity. It's broader than that. Plus, Dexterity is one of the most valuable skills you can have. I don't like to be penalized using it. Also, I'm not a big fan of constantly changing my masteries to do specific things. I like to keep it rather stable.
  • Well MD is a powerfull skill to have but the idea of this game is to adapt your fightstyle not only play as you know. Dont het me wrong but crying like this ended up with fcking SW, Thor, BW and DS now lets try to figure out a way to deal with this i.e. play better and smarter before we **** up something even more and then cry even more...its a magic circle...
    Well MD is a powerfull skill to have but the idea of this game is to adapt your fightstyle not only play as you know. Dont het me wrong but crying like this ended up with fcking SW, Thor, BW and DS now lets try to figure out a way to deal with this i.e. play better and smarter before we **** up something even more and then cry even more...its a magic circle...

Honestly, I don't think suggesting an improvement is crying. I just think this kind of improvement to MD makes a ton of sense. I'm not criticizing anything about a specific character either that could get nerfed....just a mastery ability that I think could be changed to work much better.

This is a forum for suggestions, yes? Let's not criticize for doing just that and not all suggestions lead to a nerf...some, I imagine, lead to good changes too. Well, let's hope.
  • wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★
    edited June 2017
  • Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    Tiemilios wrote: »
    I'd like to recommend a change in Mystic Dispersion that I think would be a lot more fair and respect the skill of players better. Currently, unless you get a mystic champion with MD in war or arena to use their power by baiting them often, there is no way to succeed against MD no matter how well you play. I'm not a fan or fights where there is nothing you can do to change the outcome. I think Mystic Dispersion would work far better if, instead of giving power to the opposing player when a buff expires, it removes power from you. That way, the more buffs you use, the more MD limits your power gain. I can also see this type of Mystic Dispersion not only more effective for fighting against characters with MD, but also for attack and finding ways to better combat against characters with power gain abilities such as Doctor Strange, Mordo, Hyperion, etc.

I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

I strongly disagree with not being able to fight it. I bring in hyperion why is nothing but an MD triggering fool and do just fine. You just need to fight smarter against it and change up your style in some ways
    Yelin547 wrote: »
    I strongly disagree with not being able to fight it. I bring in hyperion why is nothing but an MD triggering fool and do just fine. You just need to fight smarter against it and change up your style in some ways

I'm not saying there are no strategies to beat it. You can continue to bait specials to get them to use power. You can try not to use abilities that use buffs as well. I fight MD all the time and do just fine. However, there are times, as we've all seen, where enemies in AW, as an example, are reluctant to use power until they get 3rd special no matter how much you bait, and it's game over after that. I'm not sure why certain individuals want to bash my skill...I'm simply suggesting that MD could be made to be better and more fair for all.

I assure you, I've had the skill to beat RoL and anything else thrown my way. I take down Magik all the time as AW boss with MD...I know very well how to handle it.
    I would very much like to keep this discussion based on whether or not my idea is a good one...not on how to get around MD as it currently is, and not about my skill level in the game. I'd like to see some comments of value to the discussion.
    I personally like MD the way it is and have no problems with it. That's not because I have it either. I was fine before I got it. It complicates the game and yes it sucks when they go all or nothing mode but changing md won't change that. As for removing power I think that would modify the scheme of it by too much severely change the way the game is played. Idea isn't bad for a type of feature but I don't think md should change to it
  • ChrisA19978ChrisA19978 Posts: 55
    Let's stop with all the nerf suggestions. Seems like everyday it's nerf this or nerf that
    I consider the idea an enhancement, not a nerf. I use MD and I still think it's a good idea.

Appreciate your thoughts, Yelin. I do think comments like that do add value.
    I think I liked the idea of one, MD not giving more power to champs that already power gain a lot (i.e. Mordo), but also that it could become a tool for mystics to control power on attack. I like a skill based approach to the game above all. If you have characters that use buffs, you may lose a fight just because of that (if you can't control when the buffs fire) and I don't see that as anything wrong with someone's skill. Think of CB versus Magik, for example. In any case, I don't think that champs that use buffs should be penalized in quite that way. Rather, I'd rather fight a fight where I have to fight with skill for longer because I don't get any specials (power being drained from MD when I have a buff expire) than to die from SP3 I can't control because they gained power. Again, these are just my thoughts and they are definitely open to productive debate.

Yelin felt it would significantly change the "way the game is played". I don't agree, but I respect that opinion.

On attack, it would be a lot more fun if I could control an enemies power with MD versus gaining power too. The idea of that is more exciting to me.
    this would also make fighting magik as AW boss much harder as the power drain would make it harder to reach the power lock specials. Keep that in mind...
    This is certainly possible. :) However, it would also make it so that you could use a lot of different champs to fight her with. You just wouldn't be able to use specials as often, but using their natural abilities would be OK. I still think it would be a better and more skill-dependent fight this way.
    I'm not trying to suggest the game be easier...just more skill-dependent. :)
    I honestly think it makes her harder. It does take skill to take down the boss with power lock champs. Not possible without
  • MEKA5MEKA5 Posts: 344 ★★
    You need skill/strategy to deal with MD.
    I think it's the "not possible without" I'm addressing. I'd like it to be possible even if more difficult.

MEKA5, no one is debating that...but skill and strategy only go so far with it. It's almost more about happening to bring the right champ versus skill and strategy.
  • xion360xion360 Posts: 88
    I think MD is fine except for it's interaction with Dexterity as Rahul_Contest had said It's the only proposed change I feel that would make MD more manageable, changing the way the whole mastery interacts would bring excuse my french "A Raging **** Storm" from the community because a lot of players purchased MD for how it works. MD is a great tool offensively & defensively especially against champs who gain many buffs Groot, OML, Venom ect. There are plenty of champs who do not gain buffs so much to make MD overpowered. It's just Dexterity that makes MD overpowered in my opinion.
    The game has always been about the right champs to an extent. Always will be.
    Fair point, xion. I spent a lot on Mystic cores to even get MD to 4/5. Personally, I still think the ability would be worth it with the change I'm suggesting, but you do make a very good argument there.

Yelin, I agree...you'd still be better off bringing a non-buff-dependent champ. But at least you don't almost die right away bringing one that is...lol.
    I think it's important to preserve that some champs are better to fight certain champs than others, but this applies to the whole mystic class, not specific champs.
    Another person I was speaking to made an awesome point...I've used the word "fair", and perhaps I shouldn't. "Fair" is very subjective, so let's try what he said:

"I never use the word "fair" as it is a very subjective word and means different things to people. My term to substitute for fair is equitable. This change would make the mastery more equitable to the average champion fighting a mystic opponent. I find that someone may believe fairness is me having all my money taken by the government. While fairness is that same person having 0 taken."
  • whaler213whaler213 Posts: 151
    dexterity does not effect md/does not refresh when evading multiple times done MD isnt broken/obnoxiously OP everything else you can plan around with play style and possibly putting points in mystic detect mastery so you know not to bring a big buff champ against mystics in war
  • xion360xion360 Posts: 88
    edited June 2017
    whaler213 wrote: »
    dexterity does not effect md/does not refresh when evading multiple times done MD isnt broken/obnoxiously OP everything else you can plan around with play style and possibly putting points in mystic detect mastery so you know not to bring a big buff champ against mystics in war

did they fix it and I just did not notice? soon as I finish my arena run I will test this to see if you are correct.

:::EDIT::::
    Well you sir are wrong, I just took a beating from dormammu in arena to prove MD is affected by Dex, took him to his L3 only evading.
    yeah, it's definitely still active with Dexterity. I'd be happy if Dexterity didn't affect it...but I really felt the change I suggested would be an enhancement to the game. I thought it would work better for so many reasons...but that's just me. :) Again, I don't want to focus the discussion on just the problem and how MD is "broken"...trying to also ensure there's a constructive solution discussion.
  • Lo4eathLo4eath Posts: 309
    I have a different idea, how about if MD only got fed by Fury,Armor Up and Cruelty ? That was, the largest issue would be fixed with MD (triggering Dexterity), since Kabam is unable, or unwilling, to fix it.