**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

2* wars effecting the highest levels of AW.

Comments

• Options
    Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    MattMan wrote: »
    Punishment was not nearly enough. I guess the lesson is cheaters DO prosper

Agreed, dropping a few ranks instead of a few tiers. Doesn't make sense.
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    MattMan wrote: »
    Punishment was not nearly enough. I guess the lesson is cheaters DO prosper

For players who have fully explored Act 5 and LOL, AW Season rank rewards are by far the best option for end-game rank up resources. Running AQ 6X5 and using all your glory on T2AC shards pales in comparison to the T2AC rewards given to master tier players. Don't even need to mention T5BC shards to show cheaters are still winning.
  • Options
    I don’t see what the big deal is. Most of these alliances earned their spots. If they can get a 2* war who cares? It isn’t going to affect anyone that’s not in master or possibly top 5 p1 alliances anyway.
  • Options
    battleonebattleone Posts: 286 ★★
    Hey everyone -

Wanted to drop by to let you know that this hasn't gone under the radar and that we are still heavily discussing it. Once we have a direct response on the topic we'll be back to update you all here.

Thank you for your patience on this, folks.
    Riegel wrote: »
    Hey everyone -

Wanted to drop by to let you know that this hasn't gone under the radar and that we are still heavily discussing it. Once we have a direct response on the topic we'll be back to update you all here.

Thank you for your patience on this, folks.

Thanks and i hope you can appreciate the urgency on our end as this cheating has directly effected season 2 which is ending soon.

There used to be a stat for defender rating. Assuming this still exists somewhere in the database, i gott think this nonsense would stand out like a sore thumb.
  • Options
    hurricant wrote: »
    I don’t see what the big deal is. Most of these alliances earned their spots. If they can get a 2* war who cares? It isn’t going to affect anyone that’s not in master or possibly top 5 p1 alliances anyway.

^ found someone in a cheating alliance

Not true at all. I used to be in a p1 alliance that is currently in masters right now. They don’t pilot or do 2*. Im in a gold 1 alliance for s2 since I couldn’t compete with these guys and spend time with my family. So instead of cheating I stepped down

• Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★

Maybe the earned it....
    Maybe they didnt...
    Maybe they got there by cheating...
    Maybe they can only retain it by cheating....
    Maybe there are alliances that cant get to challenge them cus they cheat...
    Maybe if they stop cheating and played legit they would lose...
    Maybe they would stay where they are....

All i see is maybe this maybe that... it is all guess work...
    But the fact remains....
    They are cheating...
    It is wrong...
    It ruins the experience for some if not all other players...
  • Options
    Maat1985 wrote: »

Maybe the earned it....
    Maybe they didnt...

But the fact remains....
    They are cheating...
    It is wrong...

Sounds like nonsense to me. What if the only placed r3 4*. Would they still be cheating even though hey could clear those champs easily too?
  • Options
    SperaSpera Posts: 152
    @Shadowman102 its cheating because they got together and decided who was going to be the winner and how they will go about doing it (placing 2* etc..) for an insane amount of points that no ally from gold1 upwards will get from a legit war ,and all this was decided before attack phase even started.
    So in other words if an allience was to continue doing this then nobody will be able to compete with them since legit wars faught by honest people has the points kind of spread out and not one sided
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Maybe the earned it....
    Maybe they didnt...

But the fact remains....
    They are cheating...
    It is wrong...

Sounds like nonsense to me. What if the only placed r3 4*. Would they still be cheating even though hey could clear those champs easily too?

Yes, they would still be cheating. They would still be getting higher scores than they could otherwise get through collusion. Should be obvious.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian

Maybe the earned it....
    Maybe they didnt...

But the fact remains....
    They are cheating...
    It is wrong...

No one is getting punished for placing 2* defenders or any other kind of defenders. They are being punished for colluding with other alliances to rig the results of a war and maximize points without having to compete for them. The fact that they placed 2* defenders just makes that really easy to prove.

You could place all 4/55 defenders but if you collude with your opponent to rig the results of the war you'll still be penalized for it.
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Who cares if he is defending them. Kabam already called it cheating and dealt with it lol. He can have his opinion lol.
  • Options
    sawe5456sawe5456 Posts: 31
    danielmath wrote: »

They make the agreement after they know who they're facing. Since one of these alliances is a full pilot alliance, the other one has no chance to win so they both agree to place only 2*, and to make it not look suspicious the lower alliance agrees to die a certain number of times, and the better alliance will die a couple less.

If this is true I would expect both alliances to be disqualified and have a drop in aw bracket : eg plat to gold
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    If Kabam has continued to collect data on defender ratings, couldn't they just analyze all high tier AWs to see which matchups had defender ratings that were massively lower than the average high tier AW? That would be a lot easier than relying on player's to submit in-game evidence.
  • Options
    Run all wars through an algortihim that looks for defender ratings and things like lopsided exploration that are far away from the average.
    Flag all the ones that stand out and hen manualy review them.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    This should serve as a warning to alliances who even think about doing anything shady relating to aw manipulation of any kind.

You may trust yourself and those who are close to you but there are a total of 60 people involved in 1 alliance war and the entire 60 are not likely to be of the same mind set or postion at a later point in time. You may find that the shady deal made a month ago has now come back to bite you in the ass as a player party to that deal is now in a new alliance and directly competing with yours and has the precursory evidence to bring down your season score and jump ahead of you without even having to face you in war.

Seriously, trusting 59 other cheaters to not let the cat out of the bag has to be one epic lapse of
    Judgment.
  • Options
    Buster wrote: »
    If people want to place 2 stars they should be aloud to do so. We shouldn't be told what to place as our war defence.

And you are not.
    What you are being told is to not matchfix. Do not discuss and reach agreement with your opponent on how to play the match to ensure a victory for a particular side
  • Options
    Either way there will be a loser who cares how they lose? If they lose but didn’t waste a lot of resources how does that hurt anyone. This is just people reaching up from the bottom to get to the top by pointing fingers. If you want to get to the top start spending, that’s how a lot of these guys did it
  • Options
    VimesVonlipVimesVonlip Posts: 177 ★★
    Either way there will be a loser who cares how they lose? If they lose but didn’t waste a lot of resources how does that hurt anyone. This is just people reaching up from the bottom to get to the top by pointing fingers. If you want to get to the top start spending, that’s how a lot of these guys did it

Clearly not just spending you dunce. You're literally commenting on a thread about how they're manipulating AW to stay up top but your solution is spend more? Please get a clue.
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★

Your thought process is completely wrong and backwards.

These teams are getting 0 deaths which means they are getting point s they never would have by skill.

These teams are not using boosts or potions or anything to get these point which means they can use them on their next real war when they may not have had them. This will allow them to get point that they never would have as well.

Reporting this behavior isn't "reaching up from the bottom to get to the top by pointing fingers." This is people who are the worst part about this game getting what's due.
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Seems like the "punishment" is going to be a joke. Dock a few points, some war rating and they get to enjoy about 12k 5* shards and other nice rewards.

Well done Kabam, you've proved that money talks. Fairplay my $$%%$$
  • Options
    ezmoneyezmoney Posts: 208
    Seems like the "punishment" is going to be a joke. Dock a few points, some war rating and they get to enjoy about 12k 5* shards and other nice rewards.

Well done Kabam, you've proved that money talks. Fairplay my $$%%$$

It better not be...KABAM if this cheating is proven they should get NOTHING. It's time to take a zero tolerance policy to cheating. Otherwise you can start refunding the legit players who got gipped by playing fairly against cheating alliance scores.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian

Because winning and losing isn't the only important factor in alliance war seasons. Point totals are. Whether you score 140k in a loss or 120k in a loss is significant. Regardless of whether you win or lose, colluding with your opponents to hand you free points if they hand you free points is increasing your scores relative to everyone else, which ultimately does hurt other alliances.

You can argue that those alliances would have gotten the same score either way, just more expensively, but that argument is self-serving, impossible to prove, and almost besides the point. The real problem is this damages the integrity of the competition, and that alone justifies penalizing the behavior.
  • Options
    L3pa_DL3pa_D Posts: 60
    edited June 2018
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Because winning and losing isn't the only important factor in alliance war seasons. Point totals are. Whether you score 140k in a loss or 120k in a loss is significant. Regardless of whether you win or lose, colluding with your opponents to hand you free points if they hand you free points is increasing your scores relative to everyone else, which ultimately does hurt other alliances.

You can argue that those alliances would have gotten the same score either way, just more expensively, but that argument is self-serving, impossible to prove, and almost besides the point. The real problem is this damages the integrity of the competition, and that alone justifies penalizing the behavior.

Completely agree.. and also they are ensuring they stay at the top by rigging the aw to get maximum points to keep the division from rest as much as possible to keep their spots,
    like self oppointed gate keepers making sure no other alliances have a fair opportunity to possibly catch up leaving nothing to chance to keep that devision by colluding with each other, like a fraternity boys club. I think Their biggest fear is other alliances playing legitimately getting more points vs them which would leave a window of opportunity of other alliances slowly catching up to them- guess they didn’t want to leave anything to chance. (or fair play)
This discussion has been closed.