**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

So only 1 alliance has had a 2* war this season?

rjancaszrjancasz Posts: 29
edited June 2018 in General Discussion
So did Kabam check the game files for all the alliances to determine if they participated in 2* wars in AW this season? At least check all the wars in Master tier? We know for a fact it was a widespread practice but only one alliance was targeted and punished? Does that seem fair? Seems easy enough to check. Sure hope that’s in process. Otherwise, kind of seems like the “rules” are being applied arbitrarily and only against one alliance.

Comments

• DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    If defender rating data has continued to be collected that would show every alliance that did 2* wars during Season 2
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    How do you know only one alliance was punished?
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Most game companies like Kabam log all of their game play for further analysis, either for balance purposes or for monetization purposes. I'm pretty sure they know what was placed on defense for every alliance in every war since the beginning of alliance war.

I didn't know that @DNA3000, thanks for that piece of information
  • nopenope Posts: 134
    There's zero reason to assume the data isn't all right there just waiting to be viewed. No company gets rid of data except for in some extreme situation. The data is too valuable.

The questions at this point (like so many times before) are will they do anything with the data? Do you trust them to not overlook some things? Do you trust them to look thoroughly enough to identify the newer methods of piloting?
  • nopenope Posts: 134
    I do hope you're right.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    I hope Kabam looks deeply into this. We know this has happened more than once. It would be a shame for more info to leak after the fact if Kabam didn’t find it first.
  • For_SpetzFor_Spetz Posts: 51
    edited June 2018
    Hm
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    nope wrote: »
    There's zero reason to assume the data isn't all right there just waiting to be viewed. No company gets rid of data except for in some extreme situation. The data is too valuable.

The questions at this point (like so many times before) are will they do anything with the data? Do you trust them to not overlook some things? Do you trust them to look thoroughly enough to identify the newer methods of piloting?

Before Kabam began banning for piloting many players said Kabam wouldn't go after pilots because "everyone" did it, because they would have to go after the top alliances that did the most piloting, and because it would cost them too much revenue to go after those players. At the time I said it was possible that the reason why so few instances of piloting were apparently being banned was because Kabam was going to do what many game companies do: they sweep the game for cheats and then do mass bans in bulk. That's in fact what they ended up doing.

Did they catch all pilots? No, no one ever catches everyone, but they did hit pilots at all levels of the game, and they did hit many higher tier alliances with presumably higher spenders. Did they hit those pilots as hard as some players wanted to? No, a lot of people thought more should be done, but Kabam still did far more than a lot of people thought they would prior to the ban waves.

I would expect similar in this situation. They won't find and hit everyone and they won't hit them as hard as some would like, but I believe they will do something, and probably more than the cynics are predicting.

To answer OP's question though, I don't think they will go back and retroactively punish 2* wars / piloting further than 1 week or past the Tuesday night war cycle. They do the sweep and ban method with hacks/mods yes, but AW violations have been dealt with on a weekly basis based on the 3 wars played that week. Now that we're on a new war cycle, I'd assume they will be on the lookout for 2* wars and more scrutiny piloting on the 3 wars for this cycle only. The same happened when the piloting announcement was made, it wasn't a large sweep and alliances weren't punished for piloting before the announcement. Up for debate if that is the fairest way or not but that's how they've been operating so far.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Before Kabam began banning for piloting many players said Kabam wouldn't go after pilots because "everyone" did it, because they would have to go after the top alliances that did the most piloting, and because it would cost them too much revenue to go after those players. At the time I said it was possible that the reason why so few instances of piloting were apparently being banned was because Kabam was going to do what many game companies do: they sweep the game for cheats and then do mass bans in bulk. That's in fact what they ended up doing.

Did they catch all pilots? No, no one ever catches everyone, but they did hit pilots at all levels of the game, and they did hit many higher tier alliances with presumably higher spenders. Did they hit those pilots as hard as some players wanted to? No, a lot of people thought more should be done, but Kabam still did far more than a lot of people thought they would prior to the ban waves.

I would expect similar in this situation. They won't find and hit everyone and they won't hit them as hard as some would like, but I believe they will do something, and probably more than the cynics are predicting.

To answer OP's question though, I don't think they will go back and retroactively punish 2* wars / piloting further than 1 week or past the Tuesday night war cycle. They do the sweep and ban method with hacks/mods yes, but AW violations have been dealt with on a weekly basis based on the 3 wars played that week. Now that we're on a new war cycle, I'd assume they will be on the lookout for 2* wars and more scrutiny piloting on the 3 wars for this cycle only. The same happened when the piloting announcement was made, it wasn't a large sweep and alliances weren't punished for piloting before the announcement. Up for debate if that is the fairest way or not but that's how they've been operating so far.

I believe in season one they did ban waves for piloting, not just mods.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

I believe in season one they did ban waves for piloting, not just mods.

They have never banned for soley piloting yet, that ban wave had to be for mods or payment fraud.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    They have banned for Account Sharing. As for Piloting specifically, it's hard to quantify because we're not aware of all actions they've ever taken.