**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Iron Man of infinite annoyances

2»

Comments

• JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Just dueled with my 1\25 5* Jane foster an it still works. Your either not doing right or your device is awful for this game.

Am 100% sure your not doing correctly cos the only animation you should have iwim is him going backwards then when he goes back to you then your heavy should connect.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    It takes skill and practice but it’s possible to do. I had my reservations about IMIW and I still think he’s a terribly designed champ, but it isn’t impossible to do. You just need to practice, people suggesting champs and methods of dealing with him aren’t trying to rub your face in it or mess with you, or at least I’m not, but saying “anyone suggesting champs can bugger off” just makes you seem a bit whiny.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    For stand your ground to work he needs to be blocking or in a position to block. If you do the method explained earlier he will be mid heavy and unable to stop your heavy. SYG is a non issue.
  • InfantryInfantry Posts: 110
    This new IMIW is absolutely rediculous
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Jane Foster, in fact, is capable. She’s the one with the least amount of bells and whistles I own at 4/40-5/35 who won’t be completely destroyed by solely diminishing returns.

The entire point of the game’s continual patches are to make a singular champ or small cluster thereof required or useless.

It’s why leadership was removed due to the issues surrounding its exploits, that’s why Gwenpool’s heavy was modified, that’s why Doctor Strange was allegedly crippled in power gain, that’s why Black Widow was nerfed, Thor and Scarlet Witch, willpower, Evade-Attacking, and Luke Cage/Red Hulk months ago being buffed.

So far the best advice you’ve all had is watch videos or use 1 of 4 champions. Void Medusa Hyperion Proxima

Ultimately in similar conditions I still die to block damage or simply put my heavy does not register fast enough and I’m slaughtered.
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    Jane Foster, in fact, is capable. She’s the one with the least amount of bells and whistles I own at 4/40-5/35 who won’t be completely destroyed by solely diminishing returns.

The entire point of the game’s continual patches are to make a singular champ or small cluster thereof required or useless.

It’s why leadership was removed due to the issues surrounding its exploits, that’s why Gwenpool’s heavy was modified, that’s why Doctor Strange was allegedly crippled in power gain, that’s why Black Widow was nerfed, Thor and Scarlet Witch, willpower, Evade-Attacking, and Luke Cage/Red Hulk months ago being buffed.

So far the best advice you’ve all had is watch videos or use 1 of 4 champions. Void Medusa Hyperion Proxima

Ultimately in similar conditions I still die to block damage or simply put my heavy does not register fast enough and I’m slaughtered.

Also Corvus works, so does magik, I’ve also seen Stark spidey do it.

What do you mean “destroyed by diminishing returns”? Why does a champion having “bells and whistles” mean they are bad against IMIW. That makes no sense.

If your heavy doesn’t register fast enough you’re either not timing it right, or your device is too slow. I’ve not seen anyone else have problems where they straight up refuse that heavy attack counters work, they just admit it’s difficult and practice.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★

Ok you don't want help you just want to rant, best of luck with that

What do you mean “destroyed by diminishing returns”? Why does a champion having “bells and whistles” mean they are bad against IMIW. That makes no sense.

If your heavy doesn’t register fast enough you’re either not timing it right, or your device is too slow. I’ve not seen anyone else have problems where they straight up refuse that heavy attack counters work, they just admit it’s difficult and practice.

So the TOP 4 cosmic class
    Magik (need more info as to how)
    And Sparky is Sparky…

As for the heavy I’m saying it’s hit/miss on my admittedly old device

And I’m purposefully not using the likes of a top tier champion to avoid any false practice. Using a basic champion is (in my opinion) best suited to learning new defenders. Using a powerhouse would negate some difficulty and thusly slow my learning a bit. So I’m forgoing the likes of anyone with power control or massive damage to best get a feel for his mechanics in a “vanilla” matchup

And Sparky is Sparky…

And I’m purposefully not using the likes of a top tier champion to avoid any false practice. Using a basic champion is (in my opinion) best suited to learning new defenders. Using a powerhouse would negate some difficulty and thusly slow my learning a bit. So I’m forgoing the likes of anyone with power control or massive damage to best get a feel for his mechanics in a “vanilla” matchup

So what if they’re the “top 4 cosmic class”, it’s a hell of a lot better than none. Pretty much any champ can do it, I get the feeling that you’re just so dead set on being ignorant to the fact he can be dealt with that whatever I say you’d just brush it off somehow. If I could prove every champ can deal with him, you’d still ignore it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/8sbsvb/magik_vs_ironman_iw_thanks_yeet_for_his_previous/

Here’s magik defeating him on bleed, spite node.
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    Working as intended. They don’t want you to block. Have you read Massacres abilities ? You block, it’s over.

• ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★

And Sparky is Sparky…

If you watch Seatin's video on how to heavy counter, I'd like to say that he pointedly uses hulkbuster to prove that you don't need a god tier champ to defeat him
    edited June 2018
    ShadPrince wrote: »

And Sparky is Sparky…

If you watch Seatin's video on how to heavy counter, I'd like to say that he pointedly uses hulkbuster to prove that you don't need a god tier champ to defeat him

Weirdly he’s never that slow for me. It’s usually mere frames between the punch and the sword. Like I SEE it should be possible but actually doing it and the slimy bug thinks he’s one with the speed force all of a sudden.
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    Dude i can manage it with moon knight, who has similar range as jane
    I can manage it with winter soldier, who somersault kicks
    I know there is a slight range difference dependig on how fast you evade, but that’s just a matter of adjustment through many practices

To make it clear for everyone, just take a video of you fighting IMIW so we can se what problem you are facing
    Karuseus wrote: »
    I know there is a slight range difference dependig on how fast you evade, but that’s just a matter of adjustment through many practices

To make it clear for everyone, just take a video of you fighting IMIW so we can se what problem you are facing

I can’t upload videos. I’ve tried
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★

Well it's time for you to make a throwaway YouTube account just for instances like this, my friend
    ShadPrince wrote: »

Well it's time for you to make a throwaway YouTube account just for instances like this, my friend

How does that help anyone?
    This guy is ignorant. Purposely using the worst champ for the situation and complaining about it. I love Jane Foster if you're just maybe made that you can't always use her I guess I get it. That's how it is though. But even so, I bet I could do it with her.

Her heavy is an uppercut the same as most XL and L champs like hulk and Thor. I’m trying to use the least damaging champ I have access to who doesn’t straight up die to block damage due to diminishing returns dropping it more than necessary. I don’t exactly have th luxury of an impressive diverse roster
    I just dueled him with Jane I had no problem at all. As soon as he starts his Heavy, back up once and pop your heavy quickly. It'll hit him as he charges forward for his second hit.

How do you get past the heavy start-up lag on offense?!??? That screws me about half the time
    If it makes you all feel better I’ll ise Superior Iron Man…

Same build, same uppercut heavy.
  • IanMoone89IanMoone89 Posts: 590
    Everyone who plays war will be like lol vj7ixby8fgut.jpg
  • Greifmaster911Greifmaster911 Posts: 316 ★★
    Oh man 6* 2/35 duped ironman, absolutely beautiful
  • IanMoone89IanMoone89 Posts: 590
    Oh man 6* 2/35 duped ironman, absolutely beautiful

Aint mine but love using others advantage on the game and make great memes haha
  • GabbrosGabbros Posts: 157
    edited June 2018
    Read his skill and sig description regarding his armor up n autoblock.

Basically, autoblocks when 4 or more armor above 15% health. + autoblocks when 1 or more armor at 15% or below health.

U will need a multi hitting heavy attack champion to deal with him at 15% or lower health. His autoblock works mid special. Or, u can use a rlly strong special2 or 3 to finish him off last 16%.

Watch some youtube vids.