**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

RE: Alliance Wars Season 3 - An Update [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GabbrosGabbros Posts: 157
    No need.

Just tone down diversity from 150 to 120.
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    I’d also suggest having two weeks of halls of healing between seasons
  • PurveyorPurveyor Posts: 201 ★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    No you don’t deserve RDTs if you ranked up a champ today. That’s ridiculous. They said they were discussing things with the team and there’s still 2 weeks left until the new season. Your inpatience to rank someone before they confirmed the changes is not subject to a RDT

Agree. It was a proposed change that didn't even take effect. Now they've changed their minds. They introduce it, people want them. They scrap it, people want them. They hear the feedback and decide not to, people want them.

So if you had 2 t4cc expiring this morning, would you have ranked for diversity or the facts you had that diversity is going away? I have a hard time feeling like I’m at fault here. I had to make a decision. So I went with the current facts I had.
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    people will just place to block on the much harder nodes and extra 5 minibosses instead of placing for diversity, so this decision to reverse diversity again is futile
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    You’re not done yet. You have done zero beta testing on nodes designed to item out skilled players in master. To top it off all the pots and revives are there in an amount only appropriate if 4 stars were the top dogs. Same with rewards in general.

Designing maps that are to rarely be completed is like building a rode you’re not supposed to drive on.

You’ve still not addressed AQ rewards.

The minor announcement you just made to take upset from a 9 to an 8 doesn’t mean you’re finished.

This is still tone deaf and a little arrogant. Once again you’re making something harder and not changing rewards.
  • AryannaAryanna Posts: 76
    I very much agree with this. The fact that devs are so out of touch with this game and clearly do not play their game, at least not at an end game level, is just so apparent.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    ...loyalty amounts way too low as well.
  • Tazz_USATazz_USA Posts: 18
    I believe war should totally change.
    1. Once match is paired the underdog will choose from 3 different maps.
    2. Then the nodes are randomly filled base on tier level.

I believe if we go to a more random method we will not get locked into the same boring thing. Plus will make it interesting on what champs to bring to war for offense and defense.
  • Bambam7700Bambam7700 Posts: 38
    Kabam is not giving us rank down tickets so it’s easier to reverse diversity to make us feel accomplished as a community but at the end of the day kabam needs to listen to the community and work with us to make the game great. I’m sure there will people unhappy who have ranked up champs in the last 24 hours because of what they said previously that will
    want rank down tickets. However kabam doesn’t care so just play to have fun, do what you want and be happy because trying to have a strategy is pointless when kabam is always working against us. In two weeks it will be something different they will want to change. This game hasn’t been the same since 12.0

Aw is about paying to play now
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    Fish wrote: »
    Ok so diversity isnt being changed now, well there are members of my alliance and im sure plenty of other alliances that have ranked up champs that they normally wouldnt have because we thought diversity was going away. This is ridiculous things just drastically change at the drop of a hat. Now all of the items used for these now useless rank ups have gone to waste. Please issue rank down tickets so these rank ups can be fixed. This was caused by kabam, now please make this right

Keep in mind if you are not ranking champs for diversity that means you are ranking OP defenders like iWIM and dominos so congrats on your rank up. Some ppls even dream of getting them.
  • YSBYSB Posts: 192
    Kabam. If you truly wanted war to be about exploration and not winning with 100%, then make wars potion free. Then, it’s truly about skill. Otherwise it’s obvious it will always be designed as a pay to win mode of the game.

No diversity
    All champs visible
    All buffs visible
    No potions allowed
    8 lanes ending on 5 minis

Then. It’s really about who is strongest and most skilled.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    I’d also suggest having two weeks of halls of healing between seasons

Halls of healing actually needs an update imo. Level 3 potions won't really work in the type of new war they are describing. Well, I suppose a lot of things need an update :)
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »
    Hey everyone, thank you for the feedback on our latest announcement! A few things to note:

1. The player feedback surrounding the removal of Defender Diversity was pretty quick, and quite loud. While we appreciate those of you that understood what we were attempting to do when removing DD, and have been providing suggestions for alternate ways to change DD instead of simply keeping it... it takes a LOT longer to hypothesize a good solution, then investigate the probability of being able to implement it, test it out, confirm that the theorized changes achieve what we want them to, and then QA it. It became pretty clear pretty quickly that we needed a more immediate way to address this feedback, so we made the call to keep Defender Diversity in.

2. The changes that we announced were 2 weeks out, in fact we made a point to provide time with this announcement and not announce the changes the day before. We don't have any plans to issue Rank Down Tickets. This announcement is a direct result of feedback we have heard over the past 24 hours. We've appreciated everyone that has shared constructive thoughts with us.

3. We've been vocal about the map tuning updates, and from the very first announcement have said we'll be keeping a close eye on in-game data and feedback about the difficulty changes. We need players to experience the changes and provide us with feedback that we will pair with a review of aforementioned data. If we need to make adjustments, we will do so. Alliance Wars isn't going to hit a 'state of completion' - we've been really adamant on more than one occasion that the mode will continue to see tuning changes especially pertaining to the maps, to keep things fresh.

4. In terms of comments about player panels, et cetera - this is something we agree with the community on. We are currently discussing internally how to best move ahead with something like this.

I don't think it's been brought up in this thread specifically, but we have seen some comments or questions surrounding why we didn't put these changes through a Beta. Organizing a Beta for something this heavily focused on and reliant on Alliance activities is very tricky. We only see a small percentage of players invited to a Beta, actually participate. Even fewer provide us with actual feedback on the beta. There are a lot of logistical problems that have to be worked out there, and it's a lot easier for us to run champion changes or mastery changes through a beta. That said, based on the feedback here and this situation, it's clear we will need to look harder at how to overcome complications like that for the future.

I'm going to leave this thread open for now even though it's technically a duplicate of our AW Seasons Discussion thread. But please keep the conversation on topic and directly relevant to AW Seasons/our most recent announcement.

Thanks!

~ A

Thanks Adora. Nice to see you.
  • BodhizenBodhizen Posts: 303 ★★
    edited June 2018
    Here are some further concerns:

• Who asked for Alliance Wars to be made more challenging, period?
    • If Alliance Wars are going to become more challenging, when are we going to get better potions and boosts, and more rare resources (like T2 Alpha catalysts and T5 Basic catalysts) to keep up with the new level of challenge? Level 1 Alliance potions are nigh useless, as they only heal 250 hit points per potion. On a Rank 3/Level 45 5-star champion, that's somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.4% of their total health. On a Rank 1/Level 25 6-star champion, that's somewhere in the neighborhood of 1%. Level 2 Alliance potions heal approximately 7% and 4% respectively (1200 hit points). We can't exchange them for higher-level potions, so we just have them sitting in our inventories taking up space.
    • When you came up with these altered nodes, how many community members got to playtest the new maps and give feedback?
    • Why are so many changes large-scale and abrupt, instead of minor tweaks with lots of lead-time on what the changes will be and how they might affect gameplay?
    • Kudos to you on having the Mystic Dispersion change and Red Hulk/Luke Cage playtests. That's how these sorts of changes should happen. Always. The fact that such playtests weren't even a consideration for the community is deeply troubling in the face of the company line that Kabam is always attempting to improve communication with the player community.
    • Where is the venue for proposing changes and new content for the contest? I know I'm not the only person who has proposed ideas before (both on the Kabam forums and through Twitter in response to Kabam's posts asking how to improve the game), and even though people claim that you're listening, those suggestions seem to fall upon deaf ears.

I sincerely hope that the community gets answers to these questions, and to the other questions that have been asked here.

Best wishes!
  • NorthwestbrosefNorthwestbrosef Posts: 156
    I would like to hear a response to the pay to win argument. The changes all seem to gear toward finding new ways for people who rely on war in any capacity to spend money to stay competitive. With all the talk of alpha and gold road blocks in leveling, the true MCOC roadblock is affording potions or revives.

I may be wrong, but glory, units, and rare drops from war crystals are the only ways to get these items. Personally, I do arena MAYBE 1 time a month for milestones in 1 or 2 arenas, so units are out unless I buy them. Glory is decent for potions, but 1 revive a week doesn't cut it.

I saw earlier an excellent suggestion to fix this. No potions or revives allowed in war. Now, this would never happen because it cuts into the profits of kabam, but it would solve this problem perfectly. Do you truly want to see which alliance is more skilled, and truly make clearing a map more difficult? This is the solution. No more pay to win wars. Skill to win.
  • 1966SG1966SG Posts: 45
    @Ad0ra_
    In regards to your point #4, would that panel be a diverse panel? Players from 14M alliances, 4M alliances, grinders, casual? Or would this panel just be "God teir" players? Or would there be a couple panels, one for "God teir" and one for more casual? Ultimately, who's voices would be heard?
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »
    Organizing a Beta for something this heavily focused on and reliant on Alliance activities is very tricky. We only see a small percentage of players invited to a Beta, actually participate. Even fewer provide us with actual feedback on the beta.

I know the Beta participants are randomly selected. However with the two Beta test that have occurred some people have been participants twice, while some haven't. It may be better to exclude those who have participated twice and given no feedback for those who may potentially do for the next one
  • GenidiaminGenidiamin Posts: 105
    It's a positive step that the decision to scrap diversity has been reversed.

However, this would not have been done if the community had not come together and that required a lot of effort from very active members and influencers. The initial plan to scrap diversity is not the only thing we were unhappy about.

No progression or change in AQ
    Abnormally high costs of AW potions
    Given that the difficulty of nodes will increase in season 3, as that decision was not reversed, something needs to be done about the cost of potions .
    I also noted that Kabam Miike used 2 words "For now" in his announcement on the reversal of plans to scrap diversity.
    This suggests that rather than realising and understanding our deeper concerns, this announcement is aimed at stopping the community from reacting as one and dissipating the momentum we now have, only to later implement the same or similar actions.

A more detailed and extensive response is required to bring most of us back from the point we find ourselves regarding the state of the game.
    We deserve this as we have given so much to MCOC in our own different ways whether in time or money.

We really love the game but need to see a sign that we are appreciated and not just a pat on the head.
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    They need to do the right thing and give people the items needed to change their ranked up champs to ease the pain of harder maps and silent nerfs, when are the accidental nerfs going to get fixed too? its gone so quiet on the subject, my rank 4 five star Drax was a go to guy for AW now he is double useless in AW.
    They Keep introducing harder AW maps and other content has got harder too like Monthly quests, they take longer and need more resources to complete but rewards are still the same old ones that were given when content was easier.
    Rewards need to be buffed to reflect the increased difficulty
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    I’ll address 1 & 2 @Ad0ra_

1.) Defender diversity as a tie breaker means if at the end of the war and both alliances have 100 percented the map with the same amount of deaths for argument let’s say 20 and attack bonus. This would give them equal total points. If and only if this is the case then would defender diversity come into play.

2.) It doesn’t really matter how soon you announced the changes it’s the fact you made a change too close to when you instituted defender diversity to begin with. T2a are far to rare of a resource for the playerbase to just make up for after ranking our defenders the past half year according to it. For a vast amount of players when you announced defender diversity their accounts became less valuable towards the goal of the team, the same can be said when removing it.

We arnt dumb we know defender diversity was instituted to end mystic wars. The problem is blade did that also. The two didn’t both need to happen but instead you allowed for the community to covet one champion only to add counters to him later (which is fine) but then removing defender diversity to compound the counter was a low blow.

In top tier alliance war there are plenty of counters to blade placed on defense now. If we arnt able to exploit neither should you.

The fact of matter is you don’t want to release rank down tickets. That’s the only reason you reversed your decision. At some point in time you will sell them for an ungodly rate instead.

• roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 346 ★★★
    Bring back Summoner Sanctum! Ask them what they think of these changes to get a general temperature without "giving away" what changes you might have in store.

Summoner Sanctum is the best thing a gaming company can do for various reasons including community relations and general tone of the players. Bring it back or amp it up if it never ended, please.

Thanks for addressing us though, we need more of this just proactively not reactively.
  • Vegeta9000Vegeta9000 Posts: 204 ★★
    My main concern is, how are you going to make Alliance wars harder, but keep the rewards the same. Thats not how it should work, rewards should correlate with difficulty. It purely is a greed issue at this point and exactly why we’ll still push through with item free AWs and hopefully the logout too.
  • Sirnoob2Sirnoob2 Posts: 289 ★★
    edited June 2018
    wrong thread
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    @Ad0ra_ I appreciate the comment, but we still haven't been provided clarity on the new nodes and their interactions. For example, node 27 (counter tactics) is that attack bonus going to scale with base attack or boosted attack? These are the sort of details that are imperative for good communication