**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

May the best AW team win....

Here is an idea if we truly want to ensure the best AW team wins the fight....

Take out the ability to heal, revive, and boost.

Best team will win. Feel free to make it harder. Feel free to add more mini bosses, etc. but if you don’t take away the ability to use potions, revives, and boosts... you leave the door open to “May the team willing to spend the most win”.

When one team has double digit more defender kills and it’s even a close fight, much less lose, its very likely they were out resourced.

Comments

• thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    The only problem with this is that there's no way for Kabam to make money. And I don't mean that in a derogatory way. I completely understand that Kabam does need to make money (but where I have issue is where it's excessive and blatant with no regard for their clients, much like predatory economics).

So how about this? There are two ways of playing war. One is the normal way that we're currently playing. Everyone can spend as much as they want, etc.

The second way is an agreement b/w both alliances. No item usage like you've suggested, but everyone has to pay X units to enter. So much like AQ requires bc, gold, etc., this alternative way of doing war, which would run side-by-side with the traditional way, requires the alliance to pay in some kind of resource (units?), that would be part of regular donations.

Would this be a turnoff to f2players like myself? I think this would be a happy medium. I guess it would depend on which resources and how much resources are required.

Also, it'd be important that one way is not advantageous over the other in terms of accumulating season points (e.g., alliances do not lose points on missing exploration or we take out exploration points altogether?).
  • 1966SG1966SG Posts: 45
    What everyone is missing here is masteries. In order for either of those to work they would have to scrap the masteries, completely, because those would give an unfair advantage. Can you imagine the uproar from the community if they did that? I wouldn't care, I'd invite it, even having spent money on them. But nope, never gonna happen.
  • ezmoneyezmoney Posts: 208
    1966SG wrote: »
    What everyone is missing here is masteries. In order for either of those to work they would have to scrap the masteries, completely, because those would give an unfair advantage. Can you imagine the uproar from the community if they did that? I wouldn't care, I'd invite it, even having spent money on them. But nope, never gonna happen.

Not true at all... masteries have no connection to item use.
  • 1966SG1966SG Posts: 45
    ezmoney wrote: »

Not true at all... masteries have no connection to item use.

I understand that. But "best team will win"? Team with the best (skill and) masteries set up will win. Sucks for you if you bring champs that do nothing but trigger MD to fight my defense (as MD stands now, pre whatever change is coming). Want to see what champ is really better than what champ and truly have a level playing ground when it comes to AW? Scrap masteries.
  • Starkiller_KE2_0Starkiller_KE2_0 Posts: 154

Thats like saying they would also have to nerf all the champs that are good defenders too. You don't have to change everything that people can pay for leading up to the war, but you can stop people from paying during the war. This adds to strategy to try to get many defensive kills early rather than placing the poor champs for diversities sake near the front. It levels the playing field quite a bit, even though it doesn't make it completely "fair".
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    I also agree that scrapping masteries is a bit overboard and is probably taking this post to a different topic altogether. Plus, masteries do require skill (e.g., picking the right masteries, etc.).
  • Parkster_9999Parkster_9999 Posts: 28
    I think they should extend attack bonuses to more than 3 fights , maybe to 10 or 15 even , so the scrub alliances who die a few nodes like 15 times each don’t get rewarded with a win even though they had waaaay more deaths and just buy their way out of a jam
  • AcidskieAcidskie Posts: 31
    Kabam’s point of making AW harder was to reduce the amount of alliances who are 100%’ing all 3 BGs while eliminating Diversity because they didn’t want it to be the deciding factor in who was the best team.

I wouldn’t say this is a money grab, but the end result will be increased revenue for Kabam, greater resource use, and more pressure on alliance members to perform. Making AW harder while allowing resource use will just put pressure on those who currently 100% with little item use to use more items. We all know the vast majority of alliances want the win and aren’t going to tell their players “It’s OK, you did your best”. They will say “We need you to drop that node of we’re going to win. Can you revive?”.