**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ghost - First Block Break Champion?

mike867mike867 Posts: 509 ★★
Mcoc has been around for over 2.5 years (or even more) and we haven't yet seen a champion that has block break ability. Looking at the movie trailers, Ghost seems like she would definitely have a True-Strike like ability and perhaps even Block Break?

I think the game has advanced far enough that there should be a Block Break champion. Sure Massacre was a good punishment for 'cowards' but he doesn't really break blocks (on basic hits of course)

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    It wouldn't be a good mechanic to have ... unless is something that can only be activated offensively, not making her a pain to fight against.
    And her ability is intangibility. If it works the way I think it works, she wouldn't be able to land a hit while being intangible
  • Friendly_UserFriendly_User Posts: 121
    Essentially like Hood.
  • PrimeSaviour_27PrimeSaviour_27 Posts: 364 ★★★
    No
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    I think we should have a champ that just insta-kills once you load the fight...

Oh wait, we had that with Doc Ock post-nerf.
  • JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    At times most champs in the game can be block break champions. :smile:
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    gahrling wrote: »
    mike867 wrote: »
    Mcoc has been around for over 2.5 years (or even more) and we haven't yet seen a champion that has block break ability.

I'm not sure how you're personally defining this but I'd have said Rhino does it.

Stewman wrote: »
    Auto block/Auto parry is bad enough

Not this.
    Not like this.
    Maldroit2 wrote: »
    Block break will break the game.

Old-style Cyclops has had this ability for over two years and hasn't broken the game.

It's limited in that he requires Awakening, only applies to special attacks; and needs you to sustain a combo; but that's what's kept him from breaking the game.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Unblockable specials like Cyclops would be ok, so long they are just as easily able to be evaded.

Unblockable basic attacks would hurt the game and cause an uproar. The bug on Domino being capable of doing this right now isn't going over to well. Lot of people are also already complaining about Kabam taken away the ability to parry, imagine this would just add to that.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★
    It would be a viable idea if Ghost can only block break when being used offensively. OR, to introduce skill, have her become "unblockable" after using a certain special - that way you would have to intercept to make sure you don't get hit.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★
    So bad ideas im ever haere
  • KeonexKeonex Posts: 296 ★★★
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Keonex wrote: »

Ice Phoenix pre nerf?
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I don’t know if people remember the old Gulk screenshots that circulated a year or two ago but one of his abilities showed block break. Maybe this is was something doctored or maybe it was supposed to be an ability of his. Either way it didn’t make it into the final cut, probably for good reason. There are a few small, but alright situations in which is wouldn’t be game breaking. As mentioned I think Cyclops’ is good. It requires awakening and skill to keep a combo and even then only his specials (which are easily avoidable if you’re defending against it) are unblockable. Another case where this could potentially be useable is an unblockable “buff” after certain criteria is met, and even then it can’t be more than say 10 seconds. You could make it similar to Killmonger’s true strike where he has to punish a special (or intercept with WS synergy), to gain the buff, both which are usually not common for a defending AI. Or you can make it similar to IMIW where if you essentially mix two abilities, another ability emerges. These would add some new abilities which could prove very useful for skilled players and not break the game.
  • SagnikfurySagnikfury Posts: 104
    Kabam logic: release op defenders every month and nerf classic attackers
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    Block break, phase abilities that causes degen.
  • mort_07mort_07 Posts: 475

Mcoc has been around for over 2.5 years (or even more) and we haven't yet seen a champion that has block break ability. Looking at the movie trailers, Ghost seems like she would definitely have a True-Strike like ability and perhaps even Block Break?

I think the game has advanced far enough that there should be a Block Break champion. Sure Massacre was a good punishment for 'cowards' but he doesn't really break blocks (on basic hits of course)

What do you guys think?

Hi,
    Forgotten old Black Widow is Block Break Champion = :'( from the meme and end the era.

• ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    BW was the OG block breaker.
  • Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★

What do you guys think?

So unless I choose to take hits to the face, I'm a coward?
  • BrandoniusBrandonius Posts: 292
    Yondu. And add to that his synergy with Nightcrawler.
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    If it is implemented, it should probably be trifgered by something that the AI would never do

Like dash back and spam the block 7 times to trigger "block breaking"