**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Arenas and unexpected downtime

rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
I feel like when the application goes down in the middle of arena it somehow hampers a certain bunch of people depending on time.

This should either result in extended arena timers or an expansion of rewards pool or an arena re-run.

It is unacceptable that someone loses 8 hours of arena run on Friday while another person sleeps it off as it is their Friday night. Need some feedback here kabam, will this be considered for compensation??
Are you looking at this to make the arena run fair for everyone?

Thanks.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    It wasn't something they had control over. The server crashed on Google's end.
    Not that it changes the effect, just pointing out it wasn't something they could select as far as time goes.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Not that it changes the effect, just pointing out it wasn't something they could select as far as time goes.

Am I questioning the outage?? It's time?? Or blaming kabam??
    Nope

So basically you're saying that when such said events happen which affect a section of player base then no action should be taken?

Shouldn't measures be in place to rectify and make it a fair play for all. If it was a regular outage of an hour or so then fine, but it was an exceptional 8 hour outage
    That's a bit of conjecture. I didn't say nothing should be done. They're discussing compensation this week. I'm pointing out the fact that they couldn't control when the outage came.
    I also said I wasn't trying to take away from the effect with my comment.
  • HarvesterSorr0wHarvesterSorr0w Posts: 112
    It doesn't really matter if it was Kabam's direct fault or Google's. It still hampered a service that Kabam offers. Therefore they are responsible and ultimately need to be accountable. And, this was an extremely long outage. Totally wasted an AQ day and, at least in the case of my alliance, blew a matchmaking round so we lost the ability to run war. So, we only get 2 wars this week instead of 3. Compensation really should be up there with the highest they've ever had if they are going to even attempt to make it right.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    That's a bit of conjecture. I didn't say nothing should be done. They're discussing compensation this week. I'm pointing out the fact that they couldn't control when the outage came.
    I also said I wasn't trying to take away from the effect with my comment.

But then what you mentioned - "The blame is not on kabam" doesn't add anything to the discussion.

The compensation could or could not take into account arenas, I'm just pointing it out that it did impact arenas and probably instead of compensation, some other mechanism should be in place to determine who was affected and what should be done about it -

1) Extend Timers
    2) Expand reward pool
    3) Arena Re run (but for a shorter period)

This thread is about remedies for future.