**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Can we fix death matches in 5* Arena ALREADY?

Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
It is unthinkable that a 5* maxed at level 1 should trigger a death match. WHich seems to be tailored exactly on letting you lose regardless. In my case, 3 science champs with debuffs, matching 2 r5 and 1 r4 with maxed WP, ending up in regening 120 x tic while taking barely 100 dmg per hit.

Can we have this trash fixed? We should NOT be forced to waste resources just to do one streak of arena, and this doesn't really make sense. @Kabam Miike

drusx3v45sxf.png

Comments

• ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    Vale84 wrote: »
    ShadPrince wrote: »
    It’s not a direct issue caused by Kabam, it’s because people have 2 r5 5* champs and the minimum requirement to not have a death match has gone up as a result of this.

There’s more detail in older posts, I’d recommend searching for those to see what you need to do to get around it.

I did my search and the answer you also provided isn't the real problem here. 5* at level 25 should not EVER trigger death matches, and tweaking the code so that 3 x 1/25 champs do not trigger a death match is child's play. The only reason it isn't done is cause it doesnt benefit players.

Considering the grin has skyrocketed lately, at least this simple tweak would be needed. The game is already falling to the bottom line and way too many people is quitting, there is no need to make even more annoying what is already annoying.

So if you’re saying 1/25 5* champs should never trigger death match, then how come it happens for 1/10 4* champs in the 4* arenas? And 3* and 2* champs at 1/10 in their respective arenas?
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    I did NOT bring 3 x 5* R1 all at once to the match

I tried mixing 2 x 5* R1 .... with another 1 x 4* R4 ... NEVER trigger any death match, everyday, every week, for the past few months since 5* Arena introduced.

Maybe I'm so lucky over the past hundred over days, but who knows? Give a try.

Split out your 3 x 5* R1 .... mix them with 4* R4 or R5 and see if it helps you avoiding triggering the death match, but of course this is assuming you do this:-
    (1) NOT during the matches num#9, #10, #11 and #12
    (2) Before matches num#9
    (3) After matches num#21

At least this is my own guideline for my own streak, always worked for me thus far.

If it doesn't work for you, then you may have to find your formula that align to your star. Good luck.
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    It’s not a direct issue caused by Kabam, it’s because people have 2 r5 5* champs and the minimum requirement to not have a death match has gone up as a result of this.

There’s more detail in older posts, I’d recommend searching for those to see what you need to do to get around it.

I did my search and the answer you also provided isn't the real problem here. 5* at level 25 should not EVER trigger death matches, and tweaking the code so that 3 x 1/25 champs do not trigger a death match is child's play. The only reason it isn't done is cause it doesnt benefit players.

Considering the grin has skyrocketed lately, at least this simple tweak would be needed. The game is already falling to the bottom line and way too many people is quitting, there is no need to make even more annoying what is already annoying.

So if you’re saying 1/25 5* champs should never trigger death match, then how come it happens for 1/10 4* champs in the 4* arenas? And 3* and 2* champs at 1/10 in their respective arenas?

5* rank 1/25 = slightly above a 4* 3/30 char in the power chart.

3/30 won't ever trigger deathmatches in any arena where the main usage of champs is 4*.

5* r1/25 should NOT ever trigger deathmatches in any arena where the main usage of champs is 5*.

On top, the recharge time and points given per usage as 1/25 are riddicolously high compared to all the rest. It's pretty much obvious that they should be safe as long as you don't mix 1/10 4* with them.

as easy as it is.

Right, but that has nothing to do with what I asked you.

Comparing the 5* champs that don’t work and saying that the 4* champs of equal value work in their arena is completely irrelevant when I asked why 1/10 4* champs, the same as 1/25 5* champs in their respective tiers of 4* and 5*, don’t work in the arenas of their respective tiers.

I completely get the whole cooldown time thing and it does suck a lot, but that doesn’t form the basis for saying that
    5* r1/25 should NOT ever trigger deathmatches in any arena where the main usage of champs is 5*.

and I’m really curious as to see if you have any actual statistics that would back that statement up rather than saying that it “just shouldn’t.”
  • Crazyjack719Crazyjack719 Posts: 425 ★★
    You can fix this very easily OP, mix in a 2/35, 3/45 or 5/50 into each team and you have a high chance of the death match not occurring. As people start to get their 3rd 5/65, this will shift the minimum another 20 - 25%. Keep your teams above 10k for the moment and you should be fine.
  • ILovePoniesILovePonies Posts: 158
    Rank your 5 stars up and stop moaning
  • iamthegodofwariamthegodofwar Posts: 74
    Rank your 5 stars up and stop moaning

This is the solution. Do not bring weak champs. It’s your fault, not Kabam.
  • Husky54Husky54 Posts: 244 ★★
    It is unthinkable that a 5* maxed at level 1 should trigger a death match. WHich seems to be tailored exactly on letting you lose regardless. In my case, 3 science champs with debuffs, matching 2 r5 and 1 r4 with maxed WP, ending up in regening 120 x tic while taking barely 100 dmg per hit.

Can we have this trash fixed? We should NOT be forced to waste resources just to do one streak of arena, and this doesn't really make sense. @Kabam Miike

drusx3v45sxf.png

Yeah but what was your streak at? Once you get to at least 25 matches, you can bring 1/25 5* champs.
  • Deadly2016Deadly2016 Posts: 75
    kabam allready told us that its not a bug, hence wont get fixed. the pi of those 3 champs is to low to stay infinite, wheter you like it or not thats the game mechanic. i started ranking up my r1 5* from the bottom upwards as soon as i get alpha so i dont have that problem anymore... yes it hurts a little to rank up an antman, but it cant be helped if you want to streak without those juicy deathmatches.
  • Il_JooOIl_JooO Posts: 468 ★★
    Husky54 wrote: »
    Yeah but what was your streak at? Once you get to at least 25 matches, you can bring 1/25 5* champs.

even less, from series number 20
  • MordridCowl_1979MordridCowl_1979 Posts: 199
    Increase ur team pi. Mix up ur champs to do so until u get ur 5*s ranked up.
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    1776 wrote: »
    It acts a block. Like in the way uncollected is still too difficult for some, if you have trouble reaching infinite streak because either your roster doesnt allow it or two you need to wait and refresh your top champs from fights 8-18.

it was streak 69, but thank you i guess, lmao.
    edited July 2018
    double post

That's what i usually do, but sometimes you don't have the leisure or are just hasty on something else off game. In my case, i was doing science event. As much as it isn't a bug, shouldnt really happen as it has no meaning nor sense really. Past serie 19 you have to deal already with the heavy grind ahead, no need to make it worse.
  • AURELIUSAURELIUS Posts: 121

drusx3v45sxf.png

Problem here is your champions aren't ranked high enough i can use 1/25 and win against those but i try not to get deathmatches
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★

That's what i usually do, but sometimes you don't have the leisure or are just hasty on something else off game. In my case, i was doing science event. As much as it isn't a bug, shouldnt really happen as it has no meaning nor sense really. Past serie 19 you have to deal already with the heavy grind ahead, no need to make it worse.

You do realise tho that the infinite streak is not something kabam have released as a guide
  • GuttGutt Posts: 35
    i got a death match at 117 i was using 4* at r4 max with 3300 pi each at the time.such BS
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    It's easily solved if you increase the PI of the Teams you bring. Which means the lower end of your R3s will be riskier. Pair them with two higher PI Champs to be cautious. The biggest tool is to work on getting past the Deathmatches no matter who you bring.
  • ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 300 ★★
    I avoid these by trying to have combined PI over 9k
  • ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 300 ★★
    Plus as long as you can bait out speacials most death matches are easily winnable
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    The solution is simple. You don't even necessarily need to mix in higher ranks. What I do is simply take (2) 1/25 from the top of the list (highest PI available at the moment) and place them with (1) 1/25 from the bottom of the list. I have had no issues with this method.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    I repeat this for each series until finished..
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    I think this happened during the goldpool or healing factor arenas, not sure which one, I used 3 stars (above 2000) and got a death match. So i figured out that even if they allow you to use 3 stars in those arenas, you should never use them. Cannot remember which arena it was right now. But it was one that allowed me to use 3 stars.