Options

About death matches. Why did this one trigger this difficulty?

SpicyslicerSpicyslicer Posts: 2,227 ★★★★
20xmtkhb7bjr.png
ixwp7ljmtwwt.png
7elrt89nkgdm.png

Comments

• Options
    DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Youre to early to be using low range champs. Match 20 minimum to prevent this :)
    Also, be ware you can still trigger death matches after match 20. Teams of all 1/25 5* and 3/30 4* have the potential to be below threshold and trigger a death match.
  • Options
    Reaper213Reaper213 Posts: 167
    It happens sometimes. Based off pi
    pggsv0cde9me.png
  • Options
    CrawlingChaosCrawlingChaos Posts: 13
    I used to be able to go down through my roster all the way to teams of 3/30 4*s and 1/25 5*s and haven't tripped a death match in over a year. Since the new milestones have been added I have consistently tripped death matches using any heroes under 3300 pi.

Seems liked they've adjusted the trigger point.
  • Options
    dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    I had the same thing happen on the exact same round yesterday on the first of the new milestone t4b. 15th, historically you could always use 3x r4 4* or r2 5*. I had 3x r2 5*, team pi of 12k, and got death squad.

Will just use my 5 teams of r5 4* for the 16-20 streak range, then go back to all of my r2 5* teams.
  • Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    DoctorJ wrote: »
    Youre to early to be using low range champs. Match 20 minimum to prevent this :)
    Also, be ware you can still trigger death matches after match 20. Teams of all 1/25 5* and 3/30 4* have the potential to be below threshold and trigger a death match.

I got a death squad at match 26 yesterday so saying after 20 isn't right.
    Kabam have changed it and need to tell us they have
  • Options
    Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 249 ★★
    This is what I use ever time and have never failed since they changed the format of the arenas. Use r5 4* until you get the x3 bonus, then start from the lowest 5* teams you have to the highest. I probably have a deeper roster than most so I can pull this off. I've also found that after refresh mixing one low 5* with two stronger ones, r3 r4, works well also. You'll still run into the r5 5* and maybe worse case go 2-1. Again, this may not work for everyone but I find it easy.
  • Options
    PImpDaddyPImpDaddy Posts: 16
    Do you run with suicide masteries?
  • Options
    dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    Also, after i cleared the 2mil milestone, i did a test run of my two 5* teams that werent fully r2 or higher. Both were 1x r2 and 2x r1 5*. Both got normal teams, in the 34-35 streak range
  • Options
    I've never bought into mixing in a 3* or 4* or worrying about Pi. To me, that's just giving away a fight. And if you are that worried about it, boost.
  • Options
    w97l9v8cwybf.png
  • Options
    JoMama999JoMama999 Posts: 43
    Where have you all been for the past 3 months.

People have multiple r5 5* now. That impacts the matchmaking algorithm to make death matches more likely when you have really low Pi champs. Kabam has said this many times.

Don’t use r2 5* between matches 16-19, then you’re fine to use any 5*, but try and match a high pi one in with your lower ones to reduce the risk
  • Options
    JoMama999 wrote: »
    Where have you all been for the past 3 months.

People have multiple r5 5* now. That impacts the matchmaking algorithm to make death matches more likely when you have really low Pi champs. Kabam has said this many times.

Don’t use r2 5* between matches 16-19, then you’re fine to use any 5*, but try and match a high pi one in with your lower ones to reduce the risk

What his guy said. Theres lot of folks with 2-3 r5 5* and tons of r4. Im assuming most of these people havent done t1a or t4b in ages and are just starting again thanks to the increased milestones.

As much as I looooove ragging on Kabam, the change in the win streak methodology was created by players at the top progressing. Not Kabam.

In addition, using a 2/35 and 2 1/25 or a 4/40 and 2 3/30 will elimate the r isk for the most part.

I got a death squad at match 26 yesterday so saying after 20 isn't right.
    Kabam have changed it and need to tell us they have[/quote]

More information is needed. What team did you use? 3 1/25 5* or 3 3/30 4*? If so, reread the thread. You can't do that safely anymore.
  • Options
    DoctorJ wrote: »

I take every 5* at least to 2/35 to prevent this. The 4* is r4 40.

Forgot to address this, it doesnt matter. You were to early to be using low pi champs. Should be using minimum 5/50 or 3/45 all the way to match 20. Least in my experience.
  • Options
    ace007venturaace007ventura Posts: 29
    Faced a death match where I shouldn't have. 96l4pxvlflge.png
  • Options

Read the 3 posts directly above yours. They directly address your statement.
  • Options
    ace007venturaace007ventura Posts: 29
    JoMama999 wrote: »

Read the 3 posts directly above yours. They directly address your statement.

I didn't get a deathmatch using the same team before. Notice that the streak is ar 228.

Second, I then used another team with a lower P.I and didn't get a deathmatch.
  • Options
    Arena matching is not an exact science. It’s a probability algorithm. The chances of a death match at any streak is now higher than it used to be.

Just don’t bring low Pi champs and you will be fine
  • Options
    Stara99Stara99 Posts: 425 ★★
    I found using 2 3/30 with a 4/40 with a pi of at least 12k with suicides prevents this