**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Tanking in off season

Can anything be done to reduce tanking in the off season, for tier 2 alliances it has become a battle of who can lose the most! It’s really frustrating because every alliance we’ve played this off season is trying to lose so they can start next season at a lower rating to start their season off with easier match ups and getting a head start on points.. sounds stupid I know because I’m complaining about winning, but also means that when seasons starts where gonna be out of our league in a war rating area much higher than we are capable of, not the worst thing in the world but definitely need to look at some way to negate it, whether it’s something like pre determined rostered matches based off last season standings, I know this will be at the back off list of things to do behind iPhones burning out aq running properly but please give it some thought!

Comments

• NickwhittyNickwhitty Posts: 23
    It’s not irrelevant when there’s 200 alliances in tier 2 spread out over 600 war rating
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    This is a strategy that an alliance choose to do in exchange for the rewards gained from winning a war and risking multiplier .... Must everything be controlled in such a way that deter alliance from being creative??? Cycling between brackets in the past is a strategy, changing ign to barcode is strategy, giving up 100% completion by skipping paths to get all the firepower to take down bosses is strategy, even the controversial 2* war or alliance swapping was a strategy although those are definitely more a loophole IMO.
    Just after a solution to even the playing field, see it as a strategy or not, they still canned 2* wars and alliance swapping because it went against the spirit off the game.. simple solution would be to split the tiers even further.. that would stop allies wanting to drop! Tier 1 is only like 30 allies so I don’t know why tier 2 has to 10x as big
    Nickwhitty wrote: »
    Just after a solution to even the playing field, see it as a strategy or not, they still canned 2* wars and alliance swapping because it went against the spirit off the game.. simple solution would be to split the tiers even further.. that would stop allies wanting to drop! Tier 1 is only like 30 allies so I don’t know why tier 2 has to 10x as big

Funny you suggested evening the playing field yet suggest to reduce the size of tier 2... As if the disparity between top alliances and the common alliances are not big enough. If anything tier 1 should be expanded.
    PaytoPlay wrote: »
    Nickwhitty wrote: »

Funny you suggested evening the playing field yet suggest to reduce the size of tier 2... As if the disparity between top alliances and the common alliances are not big enough. If anything tier 1 should be expanded.

Well yeah that ideally would work too
    They can also keep off season shorter so not alot of time to tank. That would be my 2 cents to your original question
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Also by making the season shorter it means less time to rebuild multiplier so can actually bite them hard if they get a bad couple wars in season
    The_Fungi wrote: »
    This isn't an issue. You lose some shards if you happen to face a stronger opponent.

However, by facing the tanking opponent in the off season and likely winning a war you shouldn't have, does that not offset?

It also boosts you up in rating during the offseason, giving you a cushion in t2 (your example) thus giving you more points for a longer time with that high multiplier.

Please tell me how this is bad for you?

Sure... win 6 straight in the off season to guys finishing 10% off the map and end up in tier1 versing masters allies- lose the first 6 when season starts cos people take it serious rather than being in a zone where you should be and winning 50%.. just basic maffs
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Quit whining, you’re so lame. If they wanna lose, that’s their prerogative. They don’t HAVE to try their best lol. If I decide not to revive and heal, am I cheating? Lol.. they can okay as poorly as they want.
  • Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 249 ★★
    So now how an alliance chooses to play during an off season should be controlled as well? We decided during the off season we would not spend to clear. This usually ends up in a loss. And I would say that any alliance that decides to not spend in AW will lose. Also, any alliance that doesn't use items in AW will lose. The odds of winning without items in AW is very slim. At some point someone gets into trouble. And with the addition of the new mini boss nodes Kabam wants to stop teams.

I cannot understand why there is this overall mentality within the community that they HAVE to spend. Imo, unless you are in Master or Platinum tier in AW, the rewards are subpar. If you look at the body of work as compared to the amount of time and items used for the entire alliance in a season its not a fair trade off. Perhaps the time has come to just get as far as you can, take what you get, and move on. So what, you lose. Overall AW is no better than a 50/50 venture at best anyway. A solo player not in an alliance just playing the EQ and other events can earn almost as much as a player in an alliance pushing and stressing and spending constantly. Think about that for a moment.
    Shaun01 wrote: »
    So now how an alliance chooses to play during an off season should be controlled as well? We decided during the off season we would not spend to clear. This usually ends up in a loss. And I would say that any alliance that decides to not spend in AW will lose. Also, any alliance that doesn't use items in AW will lose. The odds of winning without items in AW is very slim. At some point someone gets into trouble. And with the addition of the new mini boss nodes Kabam wants to stop teams.

I cannot understand why there is this overall mentality within the community that they HAVE to spend. Imo, unless you are in Master or Platinum tier in AW, the rewards are subpar. If you look at the body of work as compared to the amount of time and items used for the entire alliance in a season its not a fair trade off. Perhaps the time has come to just get as far as you can, take what you get, and move on. So what, you lose. Overall AW is no better than a 50/50 venture at best anyway. A solo player not in an alliance just playing the EQ and other events can earn almost as much as a player in an alliance pushing and stressing and spending constantly. Think about that for a moment.

Your missing the point, as most people that have made comments on this thread.. you don’t need to spend to finish a map for a start.. and secondly I’m not trying to choose how alliances have to play, but there’s a difference in using no items to only doing 20/150 fights on the map. My point is that alliances are going to extremes to lose because of a flawed system and there’s gotta be a better way so we can play war normally in the off season
  • Kaat19Kaat19 Posts: 27
    Easiest thing to do would be to freeze alliance ratings during the off-season.
  • Reaper213Reaper213 Posts: 167
    edited July 2018
    A win is only 50k extra pts. Higher multiplier works out to be more points throughout the whole season as long as you keep clearing maps 100%