**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is TWO NEW CHAMPS per month too many?

Comments

• Options
    TiemiliosTiemilios Posts: 337
    Yes, one new champ per month would be nice. Quality over quantity.
    TinoMia wrote: »
    Any money they make on a buffed champ is money in their pockets. They’ve essentially already paid for that champ several times and now with a rebuff, they’ll make more. Not so much on the champ but now those who have him sitting at r1/l1 like myself will now need resources. Which can be another money maker.

I agree...it makes sense to do. I can't agree with your vote, but I think your comment is helpful! :)
  • Options
    Need more champs to keep the game fresh

Um...sure...fresh with exploding phones...awesome idea...
  • Options
    PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    I thought it's crystal clear kabam is not capable on either the creative front or have the time (yes including QAQC not just the coding part) to pump 2 champs out a month. The reason? They have to figure out how these new champ interact with existing champs ability while keeping it relevant (have to make sure electro is not shock immune because he is too OP for example .... Lol. ). It's not just ability it is also synergy, stats, etc. Quality over quantity should be their goal or fans favorite like carnage will just get butchered or they will have to rework old champs like what they did to Rhulk magik or LC... They make no money out of it and it's extra work so really a lose lose situation. Spend the time, do a quality well balance champ a month, and push for monthly game balancing will make this game last a whole lot longer.
  • Options
    PaytoPlay wrote: »
    I thought it's crystal clear kabam is not capable on either the creative front or have the time (yes including QAQC not just the coding part) to pump 2 champs out a month. The reason? They have to figure out how these new champ interact with existing champs ability while keeping it relevant (have to make sure electro is not shock immune because he is too OP for example .... Lol. ). It's not just ability it is also synergy, stats, etc. Quality over quantity should be their goal or fans favorite like carnage will just get butchered or they will have to rework old champs like what they did to Rhulk magik or LC... They make no money out of it and it's extra work so really a lose lose situation. Spend the time, do a quality will balance champ a month, and push for monthly game balancing will make this game last a whole lot longer.

100% fully agree. Thank you!
  • Options
    Usmcclt0316Usmcclt0316 Posts: 29
    edited July 2018
    Player1994 wrote: »
    yes one in a month is better there is a big pool already. they will soon run out of champs too release like this haha

Probably! Think of the large pool of Marvel comics champs to pick from. I mean you can always add the Fantastic Four, Kabam. Plus...community forums and Reddit have been screaming for the greatest Marvel villian of all time...Dr. Doom! Think how over-buffed they could make him. He has Avengers synergies too...not just F4. AND....they could then release Doom 2099...giving the uselessly misplaced current champ Punisher 2099 some actual relevance in game
  • Options
    Oroku_Saki wrote: »
    Threads like this with actual logical statements make me mad. One because I can't troll, and two because it just shows how poorly this game is being handled these days.

Lol...um, I'm glad to...anger you? ;)
  • Options
    Make1DavidMake1David Posts: 56
    edited July 2018
    Nope, two new champs is just right.
    You do realize there are different departments that work on the game right? Making the character development guys work on preformance issues (they don’t specialize in that) won’t really fix anything. There haven’t been alot of issues with the new champs so let them be.
  • Options
    Tiemilios wrote: »

What does that issue have to do with two champs coming out each month?

Well, honestly, I don't know the cause of the overheating phones. However, if there was more time that was not focused on new champs, perhaps there would be more allocation to proper QA and testing to prevent things like over-heating and malfunctions. That's really the point that I'm trying to make. Besides, there are many ways the game could be kept fresh outside of new champs. Rebuffing older champs is one way...there are others too.
  • Options
    Juan3sJuan3s Posts: 85

What does that issue have to do with two champs coming out each month?

I think part of the problem here is that new updates are pushed out too quickly and more time may be necessary to troubleshoot and beta test the additions. So I think the key direction here is quality over quantity and in my view, reducing the number of new champs per month to one may help with this. Instead of having to rush and test two new champs, they can make sure everything is ready and use the extra time that would be spent on the second champ to thoroughly test and foolproof the first - as well as any other new content that is being developed.
  • Options
    Make1David wrote: »
    You do realize there are different departments that work on the game right? Making the character development guys work on preformance issues (they don’t specialize in that) won’t really fix anything. There haven’t been alot of issues with the new champs so let them be.

Yes, they have different departments, but I disagree with your logic. People can be allocated to either. I think they need to allocate more to QA and testing. Of course, there may be some roles are not transferable between groups and that's fine, but this doesn't take away from what they are doing. I'm a manager myself that coordinates resources between many different projects and initiatives at my company. It's with that understanding that I make these comments.
  • Options
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    I feel I wanna change my answer.to make more new champs....
    I want squirrel girl.. more new means she comes faster

I hope squirrel girl is awesome...haha
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Very cool idea from someone in my alliance as an ALTERNATIVE to a new champ:

They can do what the Chinese game does and have an upgrade item that needs to be earned or bought to upgrade the old champ to the newer version one. Otherwise, there’s no incentive for Kabam to remodel a hero and they'd rather just coming up new ones. I've never heard of new champs and for them to always suddenly be the strongest right away...lol.

@Mesosmart

yeah i'd pay money for sure for a rework of Venom
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,781 ★★★★★
    I think yall are forgetting there's literally like 10k characters to use from in the comic books. If they dont want to start over with an mcoc 2 then I think 2 per month is fine. Just test things out before pushing the update. It's so simple an idea a monkey could do it.
  • Options
    Buttehrs wrote: »
    I think yall are forgetting there's literally like 10k characters to use from in the comic books. If they dont want to start over with an mcoc 2 then I think 2 per month is fine. Just test things out before pushing the update. It's so simple an idea a monkey could do it.

I agree there's plenty of champs, but not with 2 per month...only because of what we've seen from Kabam. I really do think there is a correlation between the number of champs they release and the quality of the game. Especially when there are so many unique and complicated abilities and interactions of the new champs.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,781 ★★★★★
    Sounds like with all the money they make they ought to hire a few more dev's to help sort things out....
  • Options
    Buttehrs wrote: »
    Sounds like with all the money they make they ought to hire a few more dev's to help sort things out....

Well, yes...but...1) new devs cost a lot of money (personnel is always the most overhead) and 2) as Prof Hoff says (I think you are a moderator for his stream?), there's lots of open jobs at Kabam right now...possibly from people leaving. That's according to Prof Hoff and may be conjecture...not sure. Of course, there's no way for me to know if the openings are real since I haven't looked myself or if they are for expansion or to replace people that left.
  • Options
    Remember all. This poll is not about how many champs YOU WANT per month...it''s about balancing Kabam's ability to release new champs with proper debugging, testing, and QA of the game. If it was possible WITHOUT the issues we've seen, I'd love a new champ per week, but we can't ignore what's been happening.
  • Options
    EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    It would be nice if there was occasionally a maintance month where they could work on the broken stuff, freshen up some old champs and make money on a variety of rank up and awakening offers 🤷‍♂️.
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    It's been mentioned in the past, the team that develops new champions is not the same team that handles bugs and fixes. So man hours wouldnt necessarily be different by cutting back on new champions.

My vote would be 2 new champs per month, but instead of 3 champion months, they redo an old champion.
  • Options
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    It's been mentioned in the past, the team that develops new champions is not the same team that handles bugs and fixes. So man hours wouldnt necessarily be different by cutting back on new champions.

My vote would be 2 new champs per month, but instead of 3 champion months, they redo an old champion.

Maybe they need to change their setup a bit...lol. Something needs to be done! No company should say, "this is the way we do it and it's not changing". They should adapt to consumer needs. Ultimately, I do think the points are still relevant.
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    I am ok adding new champs to the game of course, but I do wish they would split the crystals up more so you could have a decent shot on a specific champ because the more champs they had the less likely you are to get any specific champ you are looking for.
  • Options
    Juan3sJuan3s Posts: 85
    Remember all. This poll is not about how many champs YOU WANT per month...it''s about balancing Kabam's ability to release new champs with proper debugging, testing, and QA of the game. If it was possible WITHOUT the issues we've seen, I'd love a new champ per week, but we can't ignore what's been happening.

I don't know, part of the reason I am on board with 1 per month is that now that we have so many champs in the game, and are still adding 2/month. There are a lot of champs that I don't know very well. And with the content that is available, especially if you don't want to pay a ton of money to get each new champ, it is getting harder and harder to understand the ins and outs of each champ and which situation that they will be most effective. So much so to the point that I am mostly just giving up b/c I don't have the time/energy/attention to be able to explore the new champs. I have found my 5 or 6 that will work really well in almost any scenario and am using those to meet my needs.

I feel like this is the point of the game where the "meta" needs to change again. We were at a point once when there were 3 or 4 champs that dominated almost all aspects of the game (pre 12.0 SW), so they changed things, now there are 20 champs that will work in any given situation - which is great, but I can see how it could also become a problem if the growth isn't managed in the right way. Too much stuff can be overwhelming to a new player trying things out for the first time - I know that from experience with some other games. This is one of the reasons that you typically unlock harder content as the game goes on, it can be overwhelming if every option is presented all at once.

The complexity of the new champs also can become an issue, we have seen the newer champs getting more and more complex. Eventually we are going to reach a plateau where the complexity in the champ is ridiculous to the point where they are useless, just because we want to keep things fresh, new and on the edge.

tl;dr - I think there will come a time when 2/month is too many - because when there are 100, 200, or 500 champs, if new champs aren't introduced at the RIGHT RATE (whatever that rate is), no one is going to care about the newest champs if they aren't "amazing", because they are still trying the 200 other really awesome champs that they don't have already that they know they want, and can get for a lot cheaper.
  • Options
    Spurgeo14 wrote: »
    I am ok adding new champs to the game of course, but I do wish they would split the crystals up more so you could have a decent shot on a specific champ because the more champs they had the less likely you are to get any specific champ you are looking for.

You mean like they did with the infinity war crystals, right? Chaos Crystal, Death Crystal, etc...

Not a bad idea at all. :)
  • Options
    MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Is it too much? No. Is it too much for an understaffed Kabam? Yes.
  • Options
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    Is it too much? No. Is it too much for an understaffed Kabam? Yes.

Don't forget to vote! :)
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    I don't have any issues with 2 new Champs a month. People look forward to it. Also worth pointing out that the people who design the Champs are not likely responsible for fixing issues.
This discussion has been closed.