**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why is there so much hatred towards spenders on this game?

Comments

• Options
    ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    Imagine making a thread asking people to be thankful for you spending money on a free app

Imagine if you learned basic economics.
  • Options
    H_B0MBH_B0MB Posts: 52
    Imagine making a thread asking people to be thankful for you spending money on a free app

I believe the correct term is Freemium app...

• Options
    raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Maidril wrote: »
    raffster wrote: »
    Maidril wrote: »
    I poked fun at you because you’re humble bragging about a roster that you paid to get. I’m glad there are whales in the game, it definitely keeps it up and “running”. But I’d always be more respectful and congratulatory towards someone who used skill and grinding for a good roster vs. someone who bought much of it.

As I pointed out, it came across as though you were trying to humblebrag. So clearly you needed someone to poke a hole in your hot air balloon. And for the record, I wasn’t the one to call you a turd or any such thing. Just made a joke about your roster and spending ;)

I spend around one Odin one or every two months and that's hardly "spending" compared to those who spend thousands weekly or perhaps even daily. I don't mind your poking into my humble brag but it's still uncool to make an assumption my roster was build on money ($1600 over 16 months vs someone who drops $2000 to get one champ). I put in lots and lots and lots of time to get to where I'm at. IF and IF I was as rich as those who are dropping thousands on one champ, I'd be on the world's top 100 for sure.
  • Options
    G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    ZzyzxGuy wrote: »
    Jealousy and envy.

Took the words right out of my mouth. These are same people that feel that because someone else has a nice car and home that they some how took something from them, it's an excuse for the lazy, unmotivated, and ignorant to justify their failures.

I work in a hospital with this 28 year old guy who's job is to transport patients for ct and it's a job usually for a 16 year old, it's basic and pays minimum, a lot of his co workers mostly teens have gone to school or advanced in their careers , while this guys just stays in place. He hates the doctors because they make a lot of money and has to kids he doesn't take care of and doesn't pay child support, he blames them for getting pregnant. He doesn't take a responsibility for situation in life, sadly there's a lot of people like him
  • Options
    SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    One big reason as well would be WHEN people spend. You posted that thread July 11 when the community are going through one of the worse updates in the games history. It's kinda hard to post a "Rate my squad" pic and talk about spending at this time. Would have been the same and worse reaction had you do it after 12.0.

Players don't wanna hear or see how much someone else spends when thier phones itself will melt, AQ messed up, more bugs than before, champs not working right, AW messed up.

As of now I've been playing since November 2016 right before 12.0 but the game has NEVER been this P2W before, 10 mini bosses for example.

Had you posted a thread like this say before 12.0 then the community would have been so much more warm towards you.

It's not about spending only, but the community pretty much hates when people talk about it when things are bad in the game. Spending when the game is in this bad of a state only makes Kabam not give a f***. Why would they really care to fix the game faster when the 4th of July offer sold like hot cakes and there were so many threads of "so what champs did you get from the offer?"
  • Options
    raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Tiemilios wrote: »
    There are trolls everywhere for everyone on the forums, it seems. There's nothing wrong with spending. If there are issues with preferential treatment from Kabam or most of their game design being for spenders benefit, well that's on Kabam. I don't even fault those willing to spend for taking advantage of it. As @Seatin says, there are 2 things we can all do. 1) Accept that this game is becoming very much pay to win and 2) vote with our wallet. If you don't like what's going on with the game, don't spend.

No one should be attacking you childishly for posting a roster and for the "treatment" spenders get from Kabam. In addition, while annoying, I'm not a proponent of even attacking someone who appears to be bragging in the forums (including humblebragging), though I didn't read your original post to judge for myself if that's the case. However, it is good to better understand how your words can be viewed by others in some ways. Again, that does not justify the type of comments you received.

Don't let it bother you, mate. Press on and keep enjoying the game...if it doesn't implode with all these recent developments. Sounds like you've spent a bit...so I hope it's been worth it for you.

@Tiemilios Thanks for the kind words, mate. Much appreciated. It's really so uncool and almost even foolish that there are those who would go out of their way to really bash those I believe are the reason why this game still exists to date.

I was showing off my champs definitely but I don't have a 5* Blade or 5* Stark Spidey. I'd imagine I would have gotten even more flack if I actually did have a 5* duped Blade and a 5* Stark Spidey.

But yeah, this forums has lots and lots of trolls. Just have to deal with it.
  • Options
    SixateSixate Posts: 62
    As spenders that spend your hard earned money torward this game I for one would be very upset about the state of the game as it stands now? Phones over heating, game play unplayable, no rewards for the unforeseeable future ect,ect.
  • Options
    ezmoneyezmoney Posts: 208
    not the spenders... just the cheaters
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Spending justifies the current situation!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Another thing people said is it came off as a humble brag also which at this time when the game is bad, no one wants to see it. Plus your account is quite average for spending as much as you do. Example, I've been playing since November 2016 so about the same time as you and I've spent a total of 0$. Few things to note, that Blade is waiting to get to R4 with Gold only and nothing else, Medusa is waiting on 1/2 of the last T2A and she's also R4.Yes Angela is R2 and yes she hits like a truck.

a3g7a6mlw8tc.jpg

svy7s6d4kr97.jpg

Anyway, point of of the way, I don't hate spenders BUT I dislike spenders spending when the game is getting worse and worse. Spending shows Kabam and companies like EA they can keep going with no problems. Who cares if we all complain when the money keeps flowing? You know when our complaints worked the most? 12.0. Why was that? The money was affected.

It's not about "you shouldn't spend" but more, "You spenders have all the power to make the game better if you send Kabam a message to force them to do so".
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Saiyan wrote: »
    Another thing people said is it came off as a humble brag also which at this time when the game is bad, no one wants to see it. Plus your account is quite average for spending as much as you do. Example, I've been playing since November 2016 so about the same time as you and I've spent a total of 0$. Few things to note, that Blade is waiting to get to R4 with Gold only and nothing else, Medusa is waiting on 1/2 of the last T2A and she's also R4.Yes Angela is R2 and yes she hits like a truck.

a3g7a6mlw8tc.jpg

svy7s6d4kr97.jpg

Anyway, point of of the way, I don't hate spenders BUT I dislike spenders spending when the game is getting worse and worse. Spending shows Kabam and companies like EA they can keep going with no problems. Who cares if we all complain when the money keeps flowing? You know when our complaints worked the most? 12.0. Why was that? The money was affected.

It's not about "you shouldn't spend" but more, "You spenders have all the power to make the game better if you send Kabam a message to force them to do so".

Look at that shiny 6* DPX <3 I have a r4 5* Angela and she is awesome. I can only imagine 6* r2 Angela. I am a free player also, and I have a 3-4 5* gem too... But no Blade. Either way you have a sweet roster, except for that DPX, must have been a sad day for that pull.
  • Options
    @Werewrym eh I wasn't THAT bothered that I pulled him honestly. I treated him like Batman, "Do you bleed?... you wil' cuz that SP2 can do alot of Bleed damage. Thank you also.
  • Options
    AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    I dont hate them. Hate is a strong word. They keep it free for the ones like me, whom dont want to spend anything, or spend the top, $10 in a month.

Envy? Yeah, kinda, but hey, Im not here to tell them how to spend your money.
  • Options
    Ghostspider231Ghostspider231 Posts: 298 ★★★
    People shouldn't be angry at those who spend money on the game and most aren't. Folks are angry at Kabam for shamelessly changing the content to shake down those willing to spend money on the game. Changing the character's ability effectiveness is my biggest complaint. People spend the time and money to obtain certain champs and rank them up to advance in end game content to only have the rug pulled out from under them. For example I took my 5* AA to rank 5 a few months prior and kabam removed his ability to stun "stun immune" champs and ignore limber from the neurotoxins. I could have saved my materials and wait to rank 5 a different champ, but now I'm stuck. Kabam refused to send out champ specific rank down tickets. People aren't angry at folks like you @raffster . We are angry that people continuously spend a lot of money to reward such poor behavior on the part of Kabam.
  • Options
    Beholder_VBeholder_V Posts: 190
    If you haven't noticed, trolls are everywhere on the internet. Just ignore them, feeding them only makes it worse.

As for spenders, personally I couldn't care less. The only time I bring it up at all is when people use $$$ in place of skill to get past something. More of a playful mocking, really. But spending money on champs? By all means man, you spend your money how you see fit.
  • Options

Imagine if you learned basic economics.

Imagine trying to justify spending hundreds on dollars on a virtual deadpool that's on a free app

That's their prerogative and no one else's damn business. Someone can spend their privately earned income any way they choose.

People spend it on mansions, cars, Transformers, Beanie Babies, stamps and a myriad of other asinine things. It's no different.

Having a chip on your shoulders about it is rooted in jealousy and envy. Either you wish you had the disposable income or wish you had the stuff people with it get.
  • Options
    Saiyan wrote: »
    @Werewrym eh I wasn't THAT bothered that I pulled him honestly. I treated him like Batman, "Do you bleed?... you wil' cuz that SP2 can do alot of Bleed damage. Thank you also.

After seeing Kabam give other mutants (Like Domino) stronger bleeds, I'm honestly not that impressed with him anymore, not that I ever was to begin with. That was his one saving characteristic, and now they've made a new champ with a much stronger bleed and much more utility. I just see DPX as a waste of space.
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    TKal wrote: »
    Because it’s the spenders who feed Kabam and therefore legitimate their actions like : lying, hiding informations, increase difficulty without increasing rewards, damaging our phones, and a lot more.

So when the make easier content do you want them to reduce the rewards??? so we should get better rewards in the months of Guilly's and Thanos' EQ's but the last to month's we should have less rewards because it's easier.

Or how about in AQ when they added Sentinels. People complaining about how hard they were when people just were fighting a new champ over and over. People got used to it, Kabam still scaled it back, and the rewards stayed the same.

As for the lying and the hiding of information, or the damaging of phones, I can't agree with you more, but that line with increase difficulty same rewards is garbage. Because they are consistently giving out more rewards than they are taking it away. They are consistently making glory items cheaper. They added more T1as to the same arena for 10 more rounds at most you're getting 2 more of those things. They made getting gold easier in Arena. Scaling rewards based on difficulty is a slippery slope because if you want them to increase rewards based on how hard it is, you better be ready for them to reduce rewards when it's perceived easier. Then it's all relative to one person's *feelings* as to how easy or hard it is.
  • Options
    Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 827 ★★★★
    Realistically there are only 2 ways to progress in this game. Time or money pick your poison. As such spenders aren’t the only ones who have power to effect change. If the so called f2p players stopped spending hours upon hours in the game kabam would have to take notice of them as well because I guarantee you f2p players outnumber spenders by a wide margin.
  • Options
    The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    Because spending is doing it the easy way.
    And it doesn't matter what your original intentions were - if you show us a stacked roster then all you're really doing is showing off a stacked roster.

I can't agree with this. You are spending time or you are spending money or both. There is no other way. Each person is just deciding which is more valuable to them at the time. If you want to grind arena for 10-12 hours to get a champ, fine. If I can grind my job for an hour and purchase an offer though then that is a better use of my time in my opinion. I'll use the other 9 hours doing what I want to with my life including grinding my job for other benefits in life if i see fit.

It is just a perspective really. I tell my kids, you can work smarter or work harder or both but to get something you are going to work either way.

A stacked roster actually means you worked for it, either in arena for extended hours, or at your job for extended hours for the money you spend. At least that's how I get my money. I don't know about you guys.

Pride is the only thing that says that one is better than the other in this case.
  • Options
    DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Spenders be like Snow White and F2P people be like “Mirror, mirror on the wall...”
  • Options
    DarthPhal wrote: »
    Spenders be like Snow White and F2P people be like “Mirror, mirror on the wall...”

Not if our rosters are better than spenders... B)
  • Options
    Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    Werewrym wrote: »

Having lucky pulls isnt something anyone can control so it doesn’t makes your roster better
  • Options
    Batman05 wrote: »
    Werewrym wrote: »

Having lucky pulls isnt something anyone can control so it doesn’t makes your roster better

Trust me, I don't have all that lucky pulls. I have just been playing long enough that I have gathered some of the better 5* champs (No trinity 5*'s yet though). When I say better roster, I mean exactly that, better roster. If I was talking about luck, I would have said "better luck." Either way, I wasn't trying to be confrontational, I was just joking that a lot of F2P have much better rosters than spenders.
  • Options
    and no one else's damn business.

Yet here we are on the SECOND thread this guy's made about how he gets **** for spending money on a free game. He chose to open himself to critique then didn't like the end result.

And yes I'm mad jealous that I choose to not spend money on a free game, especially knowing that in 2-3 months I'm going to pull that super rare exclusive champion from a Premium Crystal.

Just a quick add-on: paying for something that's free =/= paying for mansions and cars. Unless someone's handing out free mansions and cars every four hours? Do I get a mansion if I check into a place every day for a month? Or?

If you have ever bought a bottle of water, your entire argument is invalid.