Options

We Need An Update to Old Champs

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,296 ★★★★★
    I agree that some Champs could be revisited. I'm just not big on playing the comparison game. Any older Champ will feel outdated compared to the newer ones, and the idea of revisiting them all to compare with the newer ones seems like a never-ending battle. Some could use a facelift, but some are actually useful in their own right. I think we're all going to gravitate towards the new Champs naturally.
  • Options
    Oswaldo72383Oswaldo72383 Posts: 249
    Wow did it with classes... the goal was to make everyone worth a ****
  • Options
    Right now you are alienating older players that supported the game early on
  • Options
    I’m not an OG player but I can see how those with a rank 5 Dupped sl back in the day wish they had ss
  • Options
    Also bad example but if I pull a Dora I shouldn’t be upset... I should be looking at how to use her
  • Options
    What are you talking about? Lol. No one is alienating anyone. You can't give license to older Players to be able to swap out Champs just to stay on top. For one, it would stunt the growth of everyone else if it guaranteed them the newest and best Champs Ranked automatically. For another, everyone has to work for Resources to Rank those Champs. It's a horrible message to send to say, "New people have to work for Resources, older ones don't.". Presumably, people who have been playing longer have more Resources in general. That's fairness. Not alienation.
  • Options
    Why is this a license to older players? I’m sure newer players are even more pissed about pulling Dora.. at least older players get 6 star shards
  • Options
    I’m just saying regardless of who you pull it should we a happy moment because all
    Champs should have a function in game
  • Options
    Also... not to get political... but the wealth gap is definitely growing in this game. That is the reason you see so many people ****. The higher up you are the easier it is to improve. Sounds like America!
  • Options
    Anyone in a lower tier war will never jump up to a higher tear without joining a higher tear alliance.
  • Options
    You can’t run in a higher tear alliance without spending... capitalism at its best
  • Options
    I feel like this is becoming a whole other topic.
  • Options
    War changes make it to where now its not even an option to be good... spend to win
  • Options
    I said screw it and I’m playing free to play now
  • Options
    Nerfed2DefNerfed2Def Posts: 292 ★★
    These old champs that need rework, the terrible ones like Kamala and HB. They need to be removed from crystals until they have been reworked. They need to be recalled .

They are essentially a waste of resources right now. That will help maintain
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Guys, please do not get this shut down because of differing opinions. The point of this thread is that older champs need to be updated at some point to stay up to date with the game. It's fine if you disagree, but let's not give anyone a reason to shut down what was a constructive thread.
  • Options
    I agree to retire old **** champs
  • Options
    If anything they turn into... “I played when they had that champ available” tokens
  • Options
    Just get them out the crystals
  • Options
    That would be a good compromise
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Nabilety wrote: »
    I put a post similar to this a week ago, and I am happy that people are talking more about this on the forum (even though it has been an ongoing conversation for a while now). I am just gonna tell you guys a story about a friend of mine, who used to play Marvel Contest of Champions.
    So, a year ago, I introduced this game to my friend, since he was a fan of the Marvel franchise like most of us - I helped him understand the game, the barriers and what he should focus on. His roster was not too amazing, but he had champions like Cable to help his progress, from Act 1 to Act 3 in story mode. He showed a liking to the game, as intended - but did not yet fully understand the significance of each champion, until Kabam put out their Summoner's Choice Crystal deal back in December. He received a 4-star Archangel from that crystal, which he was not really hyped about, until he started using him in Act 4 in story mode, where he understood how significantly better his Archangel was compared to his prior champions. Around this time his will to continue playing was still there, and he was determined to farm 5-star shards in Event Quest and Alliance War to get his first 5-star. And when he reached his goal, he ended up with a 5-star Cyclops (Marvel NOW!) - this is where I noticed that his motivation was slowly turning and he stopped playing the game. He simply could not use his 5-star for anything to progress other than Arena, which he never was interested in.
    This is just one great case scenario, of how this asymmetrical release of newer champions, which tends to be more advanced than previous champions, is breaking the game at its core. I understand that there is a 2020-plan of releasing as many champions as possible, but as the game advances each day with more challenging stuff to deal with, it also requires revamping of older champions. Hence, the focus of the game should not constantly be on releasing new champions each month, but instead redirecting the focus on balancing older champions for the game's well-being.

This is a topic I've been bringing up on the forums for a while now, but it seemed to just now get some attention. I think your story is a good example of what can happen when champs that are lackluster fill the 5* and 6* crystal. It's no fun to play this game with champs that don't help you progress.
  • Options
    Agreed am I can’t complain... I do have good champs but pulling a 5 star shehulk as your 1st 5 stsr would make you rage quit
  • Options
    All champs should be worth a **** other than “put them in arena”
  • Options
    Past is done but pulling the really bad champs out of crystals would at least help the new players
  • Options
    And the old player could see the old champs as badges of playing so they would be happy as well
  • Options
    That’s if Kabam does not want to take the time to edit old champs to keep up with the times
  • Options
    Looking at carnage lol
  • Options
    Guess I could but then I would have to sit down and write a thesis instead of chatting