**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam’s decision for unsupporting devices

roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
This is referring when they decided to unsupport some old devices. I just wondering what’s the gain for unsupporting the devices? Sure it’s understandble as old devices isn’t having good enough of tech to really play mcoc in smooth-mode, did they unsupport the old deevices to make their server more stability for the other devices to ensure more smoother and less lags? Or what’s the real deal?

Comments

• roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    @Kabam Vydious so in a way to speak... sacrifice one to make the other one better? Or something like this, sacrifice the old devices by unsupporting it to increase more smoother gameplay on functionally device?
    Because it’s just more logical if that’s the deal. Would be more server stability and from it creates better gameplay with less lags. Or am I thinking It wrong?
    @DANCFC you meant to say that when dropping your Razer phone down to 60Hz instead of 120Hz made the game functional more smoother?
    @Kabam Miike Hi. But wouldn’t that mean it increase more Server stability? Because less devices that have been unsupported then the more server stability?
    I understand that the game have and still is progressing more and more to come, I understand the devices OS isn’t catching up to the MCOC gaming minimum requirements because, simple, it’s old. I’m just trying to see more clear how it can help kabam if they go plus with this? With plus I meant more like having more recourse to improve server stability, more improvement to reduce lags and so on. Or am I just seeing or thinking it wrong that it’s just a simple reason that the old devices just can’t keep up and you gain no benefit from this?
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    roberto94 wrote: »
    I understand that the game have and still is progressing more and more to come, I understand the devices OS isn’t catching up to the MCOC gaming minimum requirements because, simple, it’s old. I’m just trying to see more clear how it can help kabam if they go plus with this? With plus I meant more like having more recourse to improve server stability, more improvement to reduce lags and so on. Or am I just seeing or thinking it wrong that it’s just a simple reason that the old devices just can’t keep up and you gain no benefit from this?

This has little to do with server stability. They are restricting hardware they know have limitations with the current version of the game. As they said, all apps have hardware limitations.
    I played for a couple of years on Android low performing devices and felt completely useless on alliances. I was on a clear disadvantage. And these were supported devices, so I can only imagine that it is impossible for those unsupported devices to deal with this game.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    @Kabam Miike Hi. But wouldn’t that mean it increase more Server stability? Because less devices that have been unsupported then the more server stability?

Which client devices are supported is unlikely to have any direct impact on server stability, because server stability depends on factors that have little to nothing to do with what happen client-side. There's sometimes an indirect effect: when the game simultaneously updates software libraries and frameworks that are used both in the client devices and the server backends as part of a set, this simultaneous upgrade can make it more difficult to support older devices while it can improve overall performance or stability for the devices still supported. But that's less a case of one causing the other, and more a case of both being caused by a single root change.
  • brucef8bringerbrucef8bringer Posts: 109
    I want to be able to play the game on Amazon Fire tablet in the near future
    I want to be able to play the game on Amazon Fire tablet in the near future

I think that is highly unlikely to happen any time soon. Officially Kabam's position is to be supported by Kabam your device must be officially supported by Google Play or the Apple Appstore (subject to their own supported hardware list that accounts for device capability and performance). I think it is highly unlikely that Google will officially support an Amazon tablet in the foreseeable future.

The only other way would be for Kabam to port the client directly to the Amazon store. I think that is even less likely at this point.
    Or kabam could just make their own phone and it will get smooth lol
  • MabkaZuckMabkaZuck Posts: 80
    DANCFC wrote: »
    @roberto94 It won't let me upload the video but the attached pic explains what happens at the start of each fight on 120 fps settings on Razer phone... klndyx6fxm2l.png
    The 2 champs are actually off the the sides of the screen and can't be seen until a fraction of a second before the fight begins making parry 90% more difficult...

My Razer is working just fine. Have to tried to adjust cpu to 2.36 GHz and 1440p resolution yet?
    @MabkaZuck
    MabkaZuck wrote: »
    DANCFC wrote: »
    @roberto94 It won't let me upload the video but the attached pic explains what happens at the start of each fight on 120 fps settings on Razer phone... klndyx6fxm2l.png
    The 2 champs are actually off the the sides of the screen and can't be seen until a fraction of a second before the fight begins making parry 90% more difficult...

My Razer is working just fine. Have to tried to adjust cpu to 2.36 GHz and 1440p resolution yet?

I’m sorry? I don’t own this phone :)
  • LordBaldyBaldLordBaldyBald Posts: 265
    Why are you all complaining about old tech being outdated and unsupported? Every game system developer does it and every big name tech company does it. You can’t go to the apple store and get your iPhone 3 fixed, Nintendo Wii and Xbox (original) don’t have access to the internet service anymore, old Laptops have to be completely replaced or you overpay to have them optimized for the future because they’re putting a new computer into your old shell. It’s how life goes.
    @LordNegrotron what the... we are not complaining. I simple asked kabam what’s their gain of benefit for unsupporting devices. Seems they don’t want to answer that question and that’s fine.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    It takes time, money and resources to support older devices. Technology ages and it’s a common IT business practice to remove support for older devices to Minimize the cost of supporting them with service desk tickets. Most internal businesses have a refresh requirement of 3-5 years on their own workers equipment for the same type of reasoning. Hardware fails or wears down overtime and the technology falls behind as well. when the game requirements become more demanding as the game features change (improved graphics, more champs, different quests, etc.) it is no longer cost effective to support devices that even the original hardware developer no longer supports with updates.
    edited July 2018
    @DANCFC I would think that “optimal” would work better? As it would ensure more gameplay effective? Maybe I’m just dumb as I don’t own a Razer phone knowing it’s a gaming mobile
    Really would love from kabam if they could tell us the real requirement of 1 device that ensure no lag and all that. Not an answer like this “well, get the newest device and problem solved” or “they have a list of optimized devices”
    @LordNegrotron what the... we are not complaining. I simple asked kabam what’s their gain of benefit for unsupporting devices. Seems they don’t want to answer that question and that’s fine.

They did answer that question. Its the same answer everyone has. At some point it becomes impractical to support too wide a range of devices with different capabilities and performance levels. They gain the benefit of not having development be burdened by those requirements or performance limits.
    I see I see.
  • so... is iphone 7 and 7 plus one of the devices that kabam will decrease support for? That would explain the overheating and crashing?
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Ummm, no. It’s ios in general and apparently some Android. Bad attempt at a dig?