**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Now charging sales tax on units!

I buy units very often and i always pay the amount posted under the offer. Odins vault $99.99 bp chest 49.99 etc.

Today i go to reup on units and my prepaid card keeps declining. I call up google play and according to them, the developers started charging tax. Now i just purchased an odins vault the 16th. Between then and now there has been no communication from developers informing the customers (us) that we will now be charged tax..

I'm pretty upset as i purchase units often for various things in game. Now with the price increase im not sure if i will continue to purchase units.

ip697p188bod.jpg

0xjxnrb042ed.jpg

Comments

• RogueKing13RogueKing13 Posts: 188
    Yes. Companies don't "charge" tax. They only collect it when required.
  • ManTymeManTyme Posts: 47
    Icehawklb wrote: »
    That's a Google change, not a Kabam change. Apple has always charged tax for it.

I spoke with google they insisted that it was a change by the developer.

1st pic is from a few days ago, no sales tax charged
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    You’ve been getting away with it then. Google has been collecting tax on MCoC purchases for some time now, and Apple always has.
  • IcehawklbIcehawklb Posts: 180
    ManTyme wrote: »
    That's a Google change, not a Kabam change. Apple has always charged tax for it.

I spoke with google they insisted that it was a change by the developer.

1st pic is from a few days ago, no sales tax charged

I understand that's what they told you. But I'm telling you the person you spoke with is misinformed.
  • NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    Well I have to pay 120 for an odin
  • BigdogbobBigdogbob Posts: 125
    They changed it due to court rulings in the US.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018

That’s incorrect. Apple never charged sales tax.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »

It doesn’t show up at the time of purchase on Apple but it’s definitely there when the charge comes.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    DarthPhal wrote: »

It doesn’t show up at the time of purchase on Apple but it’s definitely there when the charge comes.

Not for me it doesn’t. Every charge that’s ever hit my account has been without sales tax.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Some States are requiring Google and Apple to charge sales tax which is why some are seeing this and others are not.

Blame your State and not Google/Apple/Kabam.
    Some States are requiring Google and Apple to charge sales tax which is why some are seeing this and others are not.

Still shouldnt the customers be informed ?????
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    4ks6qlt6y0ky.jpg
    Right now.. when I go. I'm guessing this is a state tax

Where are you from? Out of country?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    It's not Kabam's responsibility. Their prices are in USD, the same throughout, and without Tax. The platforms apply Taxes and Exchange Rates where applicable. That can vary depending on where you are and what the policy is. It's up to Google or Apple.
  • IcehawklbIcehawklb Posts: 180

You are a 100% incorrect. Every time I have made an in game purchase through Apple I've been charged sales tax.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    I have never been charged sales tax. If it says 29.99, then my card is charged 29.99 might be a state regulated law
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    ManTyme wrote: »

Still shouldnt the customers be informed ?????

Yes, by Google/Apple/Your State

Kabam wouldn't know, nor need to know because tax collection is performed by the purchase clearing house.

• FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Tax is applied depending on where you live. Some states/countries don’t have tax laws for consumer goods. Others do.

It is not Kabam’s responsibility, nor is it Google/Apple to inform you of said tax laws. The onus of being informed is on you and you alone.
  • adknight27adknight27 Posts: 45
    Yup, I’m in Thailand, use iPhone, never have sales tax on purchases.
  • AgentBobbyLeeAgentBobbyLee Posts: 23
    I would purchase my units on Android because it didn't charge tax and Apple did. Now they changed it to where Android now charges tax. Not sure why the change. I always bought them in Texas, from Texas.
  • Greifmaster911Greifmaster911 Posts: 316 ★★
    That is just stupid, they shouldnt tax any ingame purchase, but i guess its every governments job to get greedy. taxation is theft!
  • Deadly2016Deadly2016 Posts: 75
    hasnt the US started taxation on digital goods a while back, maybe some states implement it now.
    here in germany the tax is allways included in the pricing, so when a pricetag is stating 99€ you pay 99€ (and can calculate the tax) cause thats what a normal enduser is interested in.
    on the other hand we allready pay 109.99€ for an odin (so around 128USD)
  • InfinityM04InfinityM04 Posts: 118
    I'm glad the moderator came and informed some people. It's interesting how there were "no you're 100% incorrect" or "they never do this". Learn your laws people when it comes to purchasing anything with actual money. Even in a game, real world still comes to play. For any Floridians out there, last time I checked you aren't charged sales tax on electronic downloads. Just an FYI.
  • InfinityM04InfinityM04 Posts: 118
    1d8f3xzmkgf3.png

For future reference for anyone in the US. You should still double check (always) but you can have an idea now.
This discussion has been closed.