**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW has caused my alliance to fall apart

Changes to AW, no season going on and a variety of other things have let to the demise of my alliance. I have gotta say that all my motivation has been lost. We are a close knit group and we are in different time zones and have lives. Unfortunately we had to log into each others accounts for AQ, sometimes for AW but we wouldn't fight.

After losing 600 points in our war rating. The alliance is now dead. I pretty much stopped playing as well. AW was the only fun part of MCOC. Now, i dont even know what to think.

Go head and say all you want about piloting. But someone let me know when they find an alliance that runs map 5x5 and is in tier3-4 AW and NOBODY has anyone elses log in or has NEVER moved a player or even place their defense.

Kabam if you are not going to allow users to log into other summoners accounts then you have got to remove linked nodes or something. People have lives man, 1 person can determine a win or loss, or a AQ completion....thats insane.
i have a second account, at 400k and i had to kick it because its considered piloting since i only have one device. SMH

Rixo out.

Comments

• MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
    I was in an alliance that ran 5x5 and was tier 4. We did not pilot, ever.

But because of that many of us got burnt out and have since retired to being a casual player (raises hand) or quit altogether.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    Just because you have families and lives doesn't mean you deserve to win wars that you don't have time to play in. If your alliance doesn't have time to play, then you absolutely belong in a lower tier than alliances that do have time.
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    My alliance was busted for piloting. No clue who did it. Then we won 6 straight wars to easy opponents. I’ll take it lol
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    "CHEATING has caused my alliance to fall apart"
    There I fixed it for you. You're welcome
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    hey guys i want to get a tablet and would like to play the game using the tablet when i'm home and using my phone when i'm not home (unless im out of juice at home then i would go back to my cell). Will that get me in trouble? I have no issues continuing to do AW and AQ using my cell phone only if i have no choice but would like to be able to do pretty much anything else using my tablet if i want to. Ideally i would like to just use both devices for any of the game modes.
  • RocapRocap Posts: 222
    I am truly sorry about the fallout, it really sucks, but honestly I've thought there were just too many alliances overall for a while. Now, this could potentially lead to even more alliances being created and struggling to find players, or it could funnel some players back into alliances that aren't just starting up and causing unfair war matches because you start with no war rating.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Rixob wrote: »
    i have a second account, at 400k and i had to kick it because its considered piloting since i only have one device. SMH

Rixo out.

It's not piloting for you to run two accounts with one device, two devices, or five devices. As long as you are the only one that plays them. It's not against the TOS and mods have confirmed this many times.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    You guys cheated and that's why your alliance has fallen apart at the seams and you kept allowing it which is another nail in your alliance's coffin.

Kabam has rules and you guys repeatedly broke them multiple times and that's on you, it clearly states that account sharing and pilioting is against the rules but you constantly went and did it anyway even when tons of other allainces have been penalized for it and they said that they were cracking down on it and you still went and continued to do it.

Also it's not pilioting and account sharring if you have a 2nd account in the same alliance if YOU are the creator of the said account and IF YOU are the ONLY one playing them on as many or as few devices as you want and you can have as many accounts as you want as long as you're the creator of them and the only one using them.

If you give a person your login information you're playing with fire not only with the game but you're money if you have your credit card tied to it and your email which could cause numerous problems.

It's a dumb idea to give your information out, and this is all just a part of the penalty
  • MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
    I’m surprised we haven’t heard about identity theft or fraudulent CC charges as a result of piloting. Overall just a dumb thing to do - people who would cheat in a game like this aren’t very trustworthy individuals.
  • RocapRocap Posts: 222
    Maidril wrote: »
    I’m surprised we haven’t heard about identity theft or fraudulent CC charges as a result of piloting. Overall just a dumb thing to do - people who would cheat in a game like this aren’t very trustworthy individuals.

Well it's not exactly like you're giving them remote access to your phone with passwords and fingerprint data... It's just your Mcoc account info. Which could be linked to a lot if you use the same password, but Google and iPhone alike won't transfer credit card data simply because you logged into your account on a completely different device...

• It sucks that your alliance fell apart man but, at the end of the day you and your alliance members cheated to win wars that you didn’t deserve to win and 100% AQ maps that you guys couldn’t finish without account sharing.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Listening to guys shame the “cheater” is painful. Is like the steroid era in baseball, everyone was doing it but you had to point the fingers at the guys who got caught. 🙄🙄🙄
    EvilEmpire wrote: »
    Listening to guys shame the “cheater” is painful. Is like the steroid era in baseball, everyone was doing it but you had to point the fingers at the guys who got caught. 🙄🙄🙄

Why have cheater in quotation marks? He admitted to it in the OP
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Not really the same thing... shame on everyone who cheated. People complain they can’t finish aq and aw at the higher levels with piloting? Guess what? Then you can’t do the higher levels. It’s not like you’re entitled to do map 5-6 and high tier war. You either can make it work legit or you can’t. Got lives.. families that prevent you from playing at the highest levels? Guess you don’t get to then. Whining you got penalized for cheating after you’ve had plenty of warning to stop.... you guys got what you deserved. Cheating to play at higher levels than you’re capable lowers the rewards and rankings of people playing legit at lower levels. Haha too bad so sad. Glad this happened to you.

Bear3 out.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Breaking the rules is not the fault of the system. It's a choice.
  • MehWhateverMehWhatever Posts: 23
    edited July 2018
    People cheating in AW has caused me not to be compensated for others problems...Thanks Kabam!
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Snizzbar wrote: »

Because it was a widely accepted practice for a long time and the company continues to allow the whales to do it because they distribute devices for piloting and turn a blind eye at it. Are we all pretending that the big pants thing didn’t happen ??
    edited July 2018
    Snizzbar wrote: »

Because it was a widely accepted practice for a long time and the company continues to allow the whales to do it because they distribute devices for piloting and turn a blind eye at it. Are we all pretending that the big pants thing didn’t happen ??

If I get a speeding ticket I don't cry about all the other drivers out there not getting caught. I suck it up and pay the fines and hope that in the future I'll learn the damn lesson.
  • edited July 2018
    Hey Rixob, we have stated many times that account sharing is not permitted under any circumstances. It is a direct violation of our Terms of Service, it undermines the integrity of the game, and anyone found doing it will be punished accordingly!

If you want more information on account sharing, you can find it HERE. We also made an announcement regarding cheating and player conduct HERE.

If you would like to review our Terms of Service, you can find them at the link below.

https://www.kabam.com/corporate/terms-of-service.html#tab-en
This discussion has been closed.