**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Best champs for act 5?

I defeated act 4 about a week ago and trying act 5 I noticed it was significantly more difficult. Now I'm wondering if there's a specific team that destroys act 5. A team of bleeders? A team of poison immune champs? Bleed immune?

Comments

• SoulBreaker1229SoulBreaker1229 Posts: 228
    @X_Factor_Agent
    My main team is:
    5*s: Quake (r3), Storm (r2), LC (r2), Phoenix (R2).

4*s I switch out between: MS (Awakened r4) GP (R3 almost r4) Ultron (Duped r3)

Are any of these champs good enough to beat chapter 2 and become uncollected? I was planing on having at least 4 r4 4*s before I tried for uncollected.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    You will spend units/potions for sure, but it is possible. Ideally at least 5* R3 or 4* R5 is pretty sufficient, but you can do it with weaker champs. I would definitely use boosts though, especially when dealing with Bane. The more health you have, the better you can fight Bane. There are videos online you can watch as well.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Crossbones was one of my main used throughout 5.1 and 5.2 such a great burst champ.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    If you're a skilled fighter you can probably do a lot with MS.

You will definitely struggle with 5.2. Some of the nodes (masochism, buffet) are new to most people and extend fights dramatically. Of course the collector is a giant pain no matter who you bring.

Try running 5.1 with MS. If you can do it, great, but expect 5.2 to be at least twice as hard.
  • LysiszeroLysiszero Posts: 296
    For 5.4.6 ultron nebula may be squishy but she reduces ability accuracy of robots by 100% and she can deal a huge amount of shock damage. Add her with a proximal and right from the start of the fight ultron can't armor up or evade.
  • LysiszeroLysiszero Posts: 296
    Other areas such as 5.3 modok is helpful
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    One suggestion I have seen for the actual Collector fight is having the highest ranked duped Hulk you have, keeping him at low health, and HULK SMASHing the Collector for as much as you can. After a knockout, revive at 20%, then HULK SMASH again. Rinse repeat until winning.

Also, one of the paths in, iirc, 5.2.4 is a loooong slashed tires on every fight. So make sure you bring some solid bleed immunes.
  • CazathuulCazathuul Posts: 57
    I started Act 5 this week on my free to play account and just beat collector this morning, so this is fresh in my mind.

The team I used was Domino, Masacre, Captain America IW, Iron Man IW, Hyperion - All awakened 4* champs, Hype is rank 5, all others rank 4. The diversity of the team is really solid and rolled over chapter 1 pretty easily. The global effects are much more annoying in chapter 2 - a couple of missions where the effect is only special attacks do damage and cappy and hype really tore those up (so bring champs with OP specials).

For collector, Masacre and IM were my all stars getting to collector, then domino and hyperion were my MVPs for the collector match. Really wished I brought my awakened rank 4 hulk instead of cappy on the last mission.

I have been saving free crystals for a couple months so no units spent on revives or healing. Opened my whole collection of about 370+ free crystals going through chapter 2. The last 85 were opened during the collector match. None opened in chapter 1. So it can be done without units, you just have to save up crystals!

Through many of the levels the champ I found myself constantly longing for was an awakened Arch Angel. Hopefully you picked one of those up in the basic 4* arena the other week!
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    Cazathuul wrote: »
    I started Act 5 this week on my free to play account and just beat collector this morning, so this is fresh in my mind.

The team I used was Domino, Masacre, Captain America IW, Iron Man IW, Hyperion - All awakened 4* champs, Hype is rank 5, all others rank 4. The diversity of the team is really solid and rolled over chapter 1 pretty easily. The global effects are much more annoying in chapter 2 - a couple of missions where the effect is only special attacks do damage and cappy and hype really tore those up (so bring champs with OP specials).

For collector, Masacre and IM were my all stars getting to collector, then domino and hyperion were my MVPs for the collector match. Really wished I brought my awakened rank 4 hulk instead of cappy on the last mission.

I have been saving free crystals for a couple months so no units spent on revives or healing. Opened my whole collection of about 370+ free crystals going through chapter 2. The last 85 were opened during the collector match. None opened in chapter 1. So it can be done without units, you just have to save up crystals!

Through many of the levels the champ I found myself constantly longing for was an awakened Arch Angel. Hopefully you picked one of those up in the basic 4* arena the other week!

98% of the community doesn't have a team like that, they are all 2018 champs except hyp, basically a spender team

i beat he collector with dormammu and his power drain, isi pisi 25 hits per fight
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    I’m currently on 5.2.2 and I’ve used some combo of (all 4/40) duped hulk, duped AA, unduped magik, duped cb, duped guillotine, 5* 2/35 rogue and 5* 3/45 Medusa. @ me if y’all think I can make it farther. Just curious
  • CazathuulCazathuul Posts: 57

98% of the community doesn't have a team like that, they are all 2018 champs except hyp, basically a spender team

i beat he collector with dormammu and his power drain, isi pisi 25 hits per fight

Yes, was super lucky on timing of creating the account so was able to get Domino and Masacre because I was in the beginner/intermediate arena bracket when they were featured champs. Just wanted to clarify, I call it my free to play account, but more accurately it’s free to play except for the July 4th 4* marvelous crystal w/units offer (got IMIW and IW Cappy). That deal was just too good to pass up!

Had dormammu on my team when I did collector on my main account and he was my MVP with hulk a close second. Power drain and stun really help in that fight.

@Mitchell - that’s a solid team, it really just comes down to not taking any hits as 5.2 is really unforgiving on 4* rank 4 champs. The end boss of 5.2.4 has the caltrops effect (slashed tires) so you will need a bleed immune for that one.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    @Cazathuul oh yeah forgot I also have a 4/40 iceman
  • VizardVizard Posts: 71
    I know energy is a commodity here...but I'd suggest trying to get as far as you can on each stage without using units/items. If you make it far enough that you're OK with the progress, use items and keep going. If you party wipe after like 2 or 3 fights, you probably should wait.
    Cazathuul wrote: »

Yes, was super lucky on timing of creating the account so was able to get Domino and Masacre because I was in the beginner/intermediate arena bracket when they were featured champs. Just wanted to clarify, I call it my free to play account, but more accurately it’s free to play except for the July 4th 4* marvelous crystal w/units offer (got IMIW and IW Cappy). That deal was just too good to pass up!

Had dormammu on my team when I did collector on my main account and he was my MVP with hulk a close second. Power drain and stun really help in that fight.

@Mitchell - that’s a solid team, it really just comes down to not taking any hits as 5.2 is really unforgiving on 4* rank 4 champs. The end boss of 5.2.4 has the caltrops effect (slashed tires) so you will need a bleed immune for that one.

getting new champs in a begginer account i awesome, but i dont know if that can help someone who has a trash team to beat act5 or the collector lol
    @DOKTOROKTOPUS
    Unfortunately I don't have a dorm, he'd have been useful though.

@DOKTOROKTOPUS
    Unfortunately I don't have a dorm, he'd have been useful though.

the thing is there ar no strategy to beat the collector, just hit the most you can till you die, so any power drain or hard bleeders should be fun (and a lot of revives of course)
    Act 5 is one of the reasons I'm ranking my GP so fast. I want to use bleed and incinerate to end battles faster. I have a 4* Angela, would she be useful?
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    So I actually became uncollected with all 4/40 4* champs, Stark spidey is a godsend so is archangel, and i imagine that quake of yours can carry you through masochism with that ability accuracy reduction, haven’t tested it myself but it’s worth a shot. I think you can make it, LC will also be valuable especially for the collector if you can get some decent stuns on him
    Act 5 is one of the reasons I'm ranking my GP so fast. I want to use bleed and incinerate to end battles faster. I have a 4* Angela, would she be useful?

dont know about angela, but i've seen videos of gwen vs collector and with a little luck from the bleeds, you should beat him in 15 rounds or less
    Thanks guys! I think I've got a shot. Plus when I fight the Collector my team could have changed...
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    I cleared 5.1 and 5.2 with x23, hulk, gr, stark and crossbones. X23 and CB as 5star rank 3. The other 3 as 4star rank 5
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★

Yes. In Masochism nodes you'll find Angela very helpful, and Gwenpool underachieves. In Buffet nodes, the reverse is true.

An Awakened Archangel is great throughout Act 5, as he can defeat Masochism as well as Buffet.

If you have Rogue (when Unawakened), she's actually brilliant against nodes like Flare and Power Shield, because of how they boost her healing on her SP1.
    @Magrailothos
    I have an r3 duped rogue.
    I have a few G-tier champs on my prof such as Quake and GP, but (From experience) certain nodes are difficult to pass. I decided to r4 3 more 4*s: GP, Angela, & Beast.
    Right now GP is r4 and I'm waiting for the resources to r4 another champ. Is Beast a good champ to R4? (I've gotten mixed answers)
    Rogue is probably more versatile than Beast; and can do amazing things against certain nodes as mentioned. He's got bleed resistance, but she's got everything resistance! Her Healing on her SP1 may not seem much to write home about, but it's based on her Attack score, so it gets boosted with class advantage, as well as with any Fury or Cruelty effects she steals. This can make it pretty impressive, especially if she's duped.

I think Beast is an underrated champion - good bleed damage; has resistance to both bleed and to critical hits built in; stuns on SP2 and has a good bonus damage with his SP3 if you can hold a high combo. When Awakened, he's got the choice between inflicting some extra direct damage or regeneration. Once you land an SP2, you can fight really offensively because you'll be giving your opponent far less Power.

If it were me, I'd rank Rogue above Beast; especially to help clearing Act 5. If I haven't convinced you, have a look here (and do some extra research on Beast, too): https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/383634#Comment_383634
    @Magrailothos
    anything that helps me beat act 5 and become uncollected, I'll do. Rogue is r4 rn thanks for the advise and links.
  • Goken2345Goken2345 Posts: 621 ★★
    Iceman, Sparky, Blade, Ghost Rider, X 23