**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Domino's Sig Ability Triggering On 0% Abilities + Causing AA's Dexterity To Fail

becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
edited July 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
When you go up against Domino using Archangel you'll notice that every blocked hit you take from Domino, even when she isn't bleeding, will trigger her signature ability. As you may or may not know Archangel has an ability that gives him a 0% chance to poison an opponent who hits his block which increases by 25% for each bleed on the opponent. Logically an ability with a 0% chance to activate cannot 'fail' to activate since it never had a chance to trigger in the first place. I assume this is a bug related to how Domino's signature ability is coded. It shouldn't be triggering her sig ability until 1 or more bleed debuffs are placed on her.

Secondly is that while it seems Archangel's Ability Accuracy Reduction Immunity is working against most of Domino's effects, when he gets unlucky it's possible for his dexterity to fail. It seems that the Unlucky buff is being applied on top of his immunity or is somehow overriding it.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    I can be wrong ... But I don't think AA immunity is supposed to protect him against her ability.
    The unlucky passive doesn't let you evade or use the dexterity mastery. It doesn't directly "modify" your abilitt accuracy
  • SomethingsomeSomethingsome Posts: 176
    edited July 2018
    Archangel's ability accuracy is immune to reduction, but Evade is a mastery, not an ability. That should explain why it can still fail as it's not covered under the umbrella of ability accuracy. I think will-o-wisp is correct on this one.

Hypothetically, if Archangel were one of those characters that get parry or evade in their description, like Proxima with her parries, then he might be immune to her unlucky stopping evade.
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    I see where you guys are coming from, but I don't think the fact that it's a mastery and not connected directly to Archangel's abilities is the issue here. Take parry as an example. It's a mastery, and yet the way it functions is that against a champion that reduces abilities, such as black widow, his parries will never fail. So we have a clear example of a mastery being directly connected to his ability accuracy reduction immunity. It would then follow that dexterity, even though it's a mastery, should also be protected from failing.

Also just so it's clear the wording on Unlucky is "100% chance for Evade or the Dexterity Mastery to fail". Since it's stated as altering the chance I believe it is interacting with ability accuracy and not just a binary "turn off dexterity" mechanic.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    But parry is a defensive ability. Evade is also a defensive ability, but dexterity itself isn't.
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    True, I guess they have dexterity coded as neither an offensive or defensive ability and therefore only abilities that reference it directly can affect it. That would mean it's intended, in a way.