**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AI play in quests

So I've broke my wrist rather badly so am having to use the AI to play quests as they're time sensitive.
Couple of things I've noticed:-
1. my characters only block once on any combo or special the kabam AI pulls, is that a bug?
2. I will always come out with roughly a third of the hits the AI puts on me...4* Captain Marvel rank 4 maxed gets hit 53 times by Punisher 2099 and does 11 back...really? oh and then pulls sp2 not sp3 and the sp gets blocked...wt-actual-f!
3. Does my AI have to lose half health before attacking? X-23 (2716) against a skill champ (1543) - 30 hits taken before hitting back

I don't think these are bugs just the gameplay but I've spent the last week doing this and those are the 3 main recurring issues that annoyed the hell out of me.

Amny thoughts by anyone?

Comments

• Options
    BeezlebozoBeezlebozo Posts: 11
    edited July 2017
    I understand that it isn't a replacement but if you look at what I pointed out it seems to have a disproprtionate bias towarrds the kabam AI

trust me if your arm was in plaster and you could only use the AI after your 3rd revive of your team you'd get a bit narked at it
  • Options
    WalshyBWalshyB Posts: 14
    The AI is terrible. It's purposely there to make you think "**** it, I might as well just do it myself"
  • Options
    Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Our ai is hit or miss, I've noticed that since it's inception mine just gets their ass handed to them by the the enemy ai .

There's also numerous issues with combat in general that's supposedly being fixed, while others are being investigated.

I've also noticed that sometimes they just sit there staring at the enemy and getting wrecked and that they don't block enough, while the enemy ai blocks everything left and right and reacts to fast, doing more damage, etc.

I know it's not a good substitute for the human player but could they at least be a lillte more consistent in combat, because sometimes they are just stupid and don't move or attack, or block.
  • Options
    Exactly Darkstar!
  • Options
    Jimbojames23Jimbojames23 Posts: 70
    Wish I had taken a screenshot earlier but in the first round of the special stark quests I was at work at the time so not wanting to miss out I thought I would use auto fight to get some of it done before the quest disappeared...... 48 hits to 0 later my champ lays dead, that's a little excessive and quite frankly shows how pointless it is to even have in the game if it isn't remotely even
  • Options
    Jimbojames23Jimbojames23 Posts: 70
    I could understand if it was a man even split of hits between the two champs, would mean tough content you couldn't use it for because those opponents would still wreck your champs and it's intended use of using OP champs on weak opponents would be the flip side, at least something like that would make it a half-useful option in the game (which is what it's supposed to be)
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    I could understand if it was a man even split of hits between the two champs, would mean tough content you couldn't use it for because those opponents would still wreck your champs and it's intended use of using OP champs on weak opponents would be the flip side, at least something like that would make it a half-useful option in the game (which is what it's supposed to be)

Its explicit intention was to automate fights where the player had so overwhelming of an numerical advantage that the fight could be won with literally almost no skill. The AI is a substitute for playing with literally no skill. If there is even the slightest chance you could lose, you're supposed to actually play the game.

This mode was intended to allow veterans to cruise through easy mode while watching Netflix and tapping continue with their elbows. It is not intended to be even remotely "fair."

If I'm actually paying attention to the game, I find I can play better than the auto mode using only one hand. It plays about as well as I would play with one finger and with my eyes closed. I'm pretty certain that is 100% intentional.
  • Options
    No attacks at all though is a useless feature even if its at the higher ones, my 4* R4's are way ahead of the hard catalyst quest and I can't finish that without revives using the AI...

I'm not saying make it better than a player I'm saying make consistent and at least attack every once in a while or even block more than once