**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Disappointed with the new calendar cycle

2»

Comments

• flygamerflygamer Posts: 345 ★★
    edited August 2018
    tenor.gif
    sorry for your loss...

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs wrote: »
    Addyos wrote: »
    I'm not saying some of it ain't good. But if your gonna give a t2a why not give some 5* shards as well. Considering you can only use them on 5 or 6*. I know why 6* shards aren't there. those are premium and entirely newish.

Why don't you try working for your 5* shards instead of complaining about not getting any from the calendar. Good grief there are loads of ways to get them and you're getting amazing stuff from the calendar otherwise. That t2a is worth more than the 5* shards; even if you don't have use for it now, you will someday.

The sense of entitlement and laziness from some people I tell you...
    Addyos wrote: »
    I'm not saying some of it ain't good. But if your gonna give a t2a why not give some 5* shards as well. Considering you can only use them on 5 or 6*. I know why 6* shards aren't there. those are premium and entirely newish.

Why don't you try working for your 5* shards instead of complaining about not getting any from the calendar. Good grief there are loads of ways to get them and you're getting amazing stuff from the calendar otherwise. That t2a is worth more than the 5* shards; even if you don't have use for it now, you will someday.

The sense of entitlement and laziness from some people I tell you...

Lol laziness. I have over 20 5* and about to have my first 6* before you go calling people out on being lazy think twice. I'm just being honest. What good is a t2a if I can't use it.

You don’t think you’ll ever need that T2A or what?
  • Ashish_GoyalAshish_Goyal Posts: 11
    I am alright with the free stuff however, getting opportunity to earn/play for more t5 shards or t2 alpha shards would be nice. 6 months to have 6 t2 alpha is crazy.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Calendar is free. Why complain about free stuff.

Kabam we need our overheating compensation. July was the second worth month in the history of the game.
  • SassyMastySassyMasty Posts: 311
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if there is a reason why people who are uncollected get the same caledar rewards as someone who has been playing for two days? I know we have the the grandmaster crystal every two weeks, but still...There are only 5 days in the month whose rewards look useful or good to me.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Honestly this month’s log in cycle was a joke. Last year’s August calendar was so much better. There’s nothing in here that’s better than other months expect for that ONE t2ac at the END and that pitiful TWO cinematic crystals

There are four cinematic crystals, plus a T4CC crystal, plus a T2 Alpha crystal. If you try to line up all the rewards like for like, you end up with the 2017 calendar having one level two team revive, 5000 5* shards and 3000 gold, verses 2018 having two 2* cinematic crystals, two PHC-like cinematic crystals (2* with chance for 3* and 4*), a level 2 revive, a T4CC crystal, and a T2 alpha catalyst. It is debatable how valuable the T4CC is to some players, but no reasonably fair assessment can possibly conclude that the 2017 calendar was "so much better."

In 2018 a good arena grinder can acquire those 5* shards in a week in the arena alone. A blind arena grinder can acquire those shards in a month. In terms of relative effort to acquire, the 2018 calendar offers far more reward value.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    What good is a t2a if I can't use it.

I remember the first T2 alpha I ever acquired. It was also a freebee, and I couldn't use it at the time either. That T2A now sits in my 5/65 Blade, who I was able to take directly to 4/55 almost immediately upon pulling him, because I had T2 alphas just sitting in my inventory waiting for a champion to use them on.

Every rank 4 rank up starts with a single T2 alpha that no one can use when they get it. Because no one is getting those four at a time.

True. I'm sitting on 6, waiting for Class Cats.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★

I remember the first T2 alpha I ever acquired. It was also a freebee, and I couldn't use it at the time either. That T2A now sits in my 5/65 Blade, who I was able to take directly to 4/55 almost immediately upon pulling him, because I had T2 alphas just sitting in my inventory waiting for a champion to use them on.

Every rank 4 rank up starts with a single T2 alpha that no one can use when they get it. Because no one is getting those four at a time.

I currently have 6 T2 alphas that a am unable to use. But I am quite upset that it’s oonly one T2 alpha when it requires 4 too take one 5* up
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

I currently have 6 T2 alphas that a am unable to use. But I am quite upset that it’s oonly one T2 alpha when it requires 4 too take one 5* up

There are other sources for T2A, and the idea is using those first 4 will help you earn more Frags.

Where in the game anywhere can you earn more than one at a time? The number one AQ alliance in all of the game earns one T2A every sixteen days, assuming they remain number one consistently. The calendar is giving you T2A at about half the rate of the number one AQ alliance, just for logging in.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

Where in the game anywhere can you earn more than one at a time? The number one AQ alliance in all of the game earns one T2A every sixteen days, assuming they remain number one consistently. The calendar is giving you T2A at about half the rate of the number one AQ alliance, just for logging in.

Act 4, Act 5, LOL.
    V1PER1987 wrote: »

Act 4, Act 5, LOL.

True, I stand corrected there. Although those rewards are mostly culmination rewards (exploration for Act 4, full completion for Act 5) you can only get once, in two cases for doing a lot of different things. I should have qualified that the calendar is offering half the earning rate of the best theoretically sustainable source for T2A in the game.
  • BlackOracleBlackOracle Posts: 254 ★★★
    Right there with you. Over 80% we saw last month, and will see it again next and the following. If you’re gonna hype up Marvel’s 10 years make the calendar a cool thing as well. They did it with QuickMatch and Gwenpool. Event Quest rewards the the same as last month, but you gotta enjoy the free stuff! Ha. These are the same people who **** a fit if the game goes down for 15mins during the day and then scream compensation
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    LMAO a full T2 alpha and people are complaining. Complaining about this calendar kind of turns all complaining, even legitimate complaining, into just noise.
  • Im 21 and hate the entitlement of my generation like foreal lol
    thank you kabam for everything you are giving us, it is much appreciated
  • TheKiryuTheKiryu Posts: 265 ★★★★
    Yeah it’s funnt how game and ppls rosters progress over time, but rewards in general are stale as hell. They did rewamp aq and that’s nice, but in all other areas most rewards are outdated by far
  • Irohr wrote: »
    Dude this isn't a bad monthly login at all. Could it be better? Of course. But this is pretty good. Don't be overly greedy.
    Irohr wrote: »
    Dude this isn't a bad monthly login at all. Could it be better? Of course. But this is pretty good. Don't be overly greedy.

i completely agree if every day was a featured 6 star ppl would still have a problem
  • Although i liked the new login calendar for this month, it would've been nice if we were getting 100k gold (5k twice 1st week, 10k in 2nd, 15k in 3rd n 20k in 4th week respectively) in total from calendar as it atleast would've helped to rank some 4* champ to r2 atleast.
    P.S. - i don't have gold issues because we play map 3 but i understand gold issues in general