**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Version 14.0 Discussion Thread

Comments

• ArtOfKhaosArtOfKhaos Posts: 59
    I'm wondering why in the new streamlined arenas IPhone users have an option for next series while Android users have the old continue button and have to go thru selecting the arena again?

Did you Update? I'm Android. I have the new option.

Thanks for trying to help me. Yes, I've updated to 14.0. I get the streamlined options between each match. However, after the final match I only have a CONTINUE button, I don't have 2 buttons for BACK TO ARENAS or NEXT SERIES.

Next series is impossible to be an option. The game can't predict how you'll set up your next lineup. No one has this option, as it would be impossible to accomplish.

It is an option once you get to the milestone progress screen. I had already gotten all the milestones, that's why I did not get that option I guess.

Came here to post about this.. Hope they can change this and have the next series option once milestones have been achieved.
  • Steve_ZSteve_Z Posts: 6
    this perpetual loading issue is really starting to peeve me right off. every 10 min i need to restart the stupid app. i have updated both of my devices to no avail. both accounts on both devises are still getting stuck on perpetual load WAY too often. KABAM has failed this planet!
  • No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    It really sucks that the "Next Series" button goes away after you hit the milestones. How can they be so stupid to think that would be a good idea?

Agree wholeheartedly. I just want to hear the explanation of why? Who was the game designer that said let's take it away after milestones are reached? I just can't fathom a good reason so just so I can continue to grow and learn as a human, it would be wonderful for a team member to explain why this option goes away after all the milestones are reached.
  • GatchuGatchu Posts: 22
    @Kabam Miike My featured arena at the end of a round does not go straight to the champions but to the old menu of choice of arenas. Then there is a visual error in the "Next Milestone" in the arena.
  • LeeckLeeck Posts: 15
    Is it a fix? There are many patch and update keeo mentioned the loading time was fix, it id a joke, the way you did it is just simplified the arena process (which now we cant see more row if champions to select for battle), not fix loading time..the champions selection for arena is a problem too, u can't proper filter n select the hughest pi champion if didnt ask for help on previous battle champion,but your ask for help system is lagging and slow. The help in alliance section is a problem too , it ceash after 100 helps and you need to help 1 by 1..
    Not sure if developer understand that player doesnt has 24 inch monitor, and pls do not use dark color font with dark background, example, red font with black background, blue font with blue background, doesn't that standard and common sense?
  • FreakydFreakyd Posts: 201
    Just fought dormamu in AQ with Quake and she kept dashing forward while I was trying to block. Was hoping this had been fixed. Pretty sure it didn't happen til dormamu which makes a change so maybe a different bug?
  • Golden4rceGolden4rce Posts: 4
    On the level up screen with the new UI it is quite hard to see which ISO is highlighted (i.e. selected to be used) and which has not. Not a biggie but a bit more emphasis/contrast would be better.
  • Justice_Evo_8Justice_Evo_8 Posts: 213 ★★
    Is parry ever going to work like it used to before the 12.0 update???? It seems like this is ignored now. It doesn't work Half of the time when trying to parry after a 5 hit combo. Before 14.0, when you parried perfectly after a 5 hit combo it used to say the parry wording on the left and then parry wouldn't work. Now after 14.0 the wording is gone and parrying perfectly still doesn't work. Is that the "fix" you guys pushed? Get rid of the wording so we can't tell that the parry was actually supposed to work but didn't?
  • HULK_BREAKHULK_BREAK Posts: 374
    GREAT WORK in Arena, but.... Where are the statistics of the fight?
  • WackerlieWackerlie Posts: 55
    Yeah this patch has a number of fixes but true mcoc fashion they fix one(doesn't last long) and 2 more problems pop up in its place. Why in aq is the game always more glitchy and inconsistent parries
  • IdontinksoIdontinkso Posts: 156
    14.0 interface looks better and cleaner and the arena menu redo is also great. Artwork great too, and the black radial gradient to clear around the buff stack number is another good visual improvement.

How about some new battle backgrounds??? Would help go with monthly themes, like we should have a new rooftop level this month for example.

2 minor display bugs.

One is on the champions screen, the left margin of the PI number is too far left and overlays the spiderweb in the lower left corner.

Other is a character string or variable being displayed in one of the tips talking about alliances on the cut screen.

Apple version.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    It really sucks that the "Next Series" button goes away after you hit the milestones. How can they be so stupid to think that would be a good idea?

Agree wholeheartedly. I just want to hear the explanation of why? Who was the game designer that said let's take it away after milestones are reached? I just can't fathom a good reason so just so I can continue to grow and learn as a human, it would be wonderful for a team member to explain why this option goes away after all the milestones are reached.

It's not designed that way. It's a bug. They're looking inot what's causing it.
    Virux wrote: »

If only there was a way to see these bugs before the update is sent out..... You know, like a beta test team. Oh, they have one you say? Eh, I'm not buying it. I've made my own dang app and tested it along with my testers. The things caught by the user base were not app breaking but visual errors. I'm pretty sure my app had a crashing problem caused by location services not asking for permission and auto closing the app because it wasn't enabled. Beta testing is supposed to catch things like that. You guys should really look into hiring a third party or getting people who actually play the game.

There are many forms of Beta Testing. Some are geared towards Content. Others are centered around QA.

If only there was a way to see these bugs before the update is sent out..... You know, like a beta test team. Oh, they have one you say? Eh, I'm not buying it. I've made my own dang app and tested it along with my testers. The things caught by the user base were not app breaking but visual errors. I'm pretty sure my app had a crashing problem caused by location services not asking for permission and auto closing the app because it wasn't enabled. Beta testing is supposed to catch things like that. You guys should really look into hiring a third party or getting people who actually play the game.

There are many forms of Beta Testing. Some are geared towards Content. Others are centered around QA.

Exactly. Am I mistaken that kabam made a post right after their last debacle that they had players that were beta testing?

No. What we don't know is the nature of the Beta Testing. They were most likely giving feedback on content, evident by the comments on how their feedback was used, and the comments from Mods that they were planning on working towards more extensive Beta Testing.
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★

Exactly. Am I mistaken that kabam made a post right after their last debacle that they had players that were beta testing?

No. What we don't know is the nature of the Beta Testing. They were most likely giving feedback on content, evident by the comments on how their feedback was used, and the comments from Mods that they were planning on working towards more extensive Beta Testing.

According to their messages, the only player beta testing we know of was only used for Season 4 AQ and act 5.2, everything else has been supposedly tested by Kabam themselves, and they aren't exactly known for doing very well(Cable/Dorm release and 12.0 are the best examples I can think of).
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 467 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike i have noticed that a few champions have messed up parry timeings where parry either ocasionally works or doesnt work at all when it should, or sometimes i have to parry at a different time which throws off my fighting style. Personally i have had trouble parrying with Moon Knight and Punisher 2099 but have also heard that Mordo has messed up parry timeing as well. Just wondering if there is anything that can be done to fix this issue
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Still getting crashes during loading screens, losing half health while forced to restart app.

Nvidia shield k1, Android 7.0

This happens every 2-3 fights. Wanted to try legend run but there's no way when I restart app 2-3 times per quest. I only have mcoc installed on tablet, no other games or apps besides chrome and the basics.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    h95nkgo9kynw.jpg

This just keeps happening, really frustrating and screwing me over on health and any potential legend rewards. Can we get this fixed ? I spend more time staring at load screens than playing and have list out on the special quests due to time restraints.
  • PearlyWhitesPearlyWhites Posts: 39
    Have not noticed any change to capt/ms marvel sp2 after combo. Best chance is after 4 hit and it still gets blocked 100% of the time.

Note 5
    Android 7.0
  • WÏCKED wrote: »
    Why does every champ in game hit weak as heck now since this update? LEAVE THE CHAMPS ALONE DAMN!!! R5's now can't even hit 1000 damage critical hit really? Cap ww2 r5 normal hits are 200 damage I had 2 * used to hit harder than that. FIX THIS **** ASAP!!!!

There haven't been any adjustments made to Champions this round, except for the bug fixes. This is the first post we're seeing on the subject, and have no reports of this anywhere else. If you're noticing a problem, please give us more information so that we can look into it.

Who are you using when you notice this? What modes is this in? Who were you fighting?
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Freakyd wrote: »
    Just fought dormamu in AQ with Quake and she kept dashing forward while I was trying to block. Was hoping this had been fixed. Pretty sure it didn't happen til dormamu which makes a change so maybe a different bug?

Had the same thing happen in aw Electra vs Hyperion. Was holding block after sp3 and she actually landed a hit on him caught me off guard ended up eating a combo and it was all over
  • RedmistRedmist Posts: 31
    I'm gonna try and stay positive but this game has been trash all night. it's almost unplayable at times I'm having problems across the board. Lots of lag not able to build combos dropping guard what's killing me hard every time it flippin happens I get hit with a flippin special but my special are not hitting not that they miss or they block it just did no damage or it just didn't Register and my opponent just walk right through it It not fun try to build a streak one punch at a time going after Spider-Man I'll losing my mind plus I'm using a bunch of units hopefully Monday they will fix what's broken
  • AngelAngel Posts: 3
    Hi, I have some issues whit the app can't block, evade etc

-I have the problem all my characters
    -When i play AQ the super's of enemies are very fast and my champions cant' evade or block
    -I trying to apply the combo but I can't finish, and then, the enemy kills me
    -When i play AQ the app crashes
    -When i battle with dormammu he is very fast and my character is very slow this only happen with dormammu and spiderman in AQ
    I been played this game for more than a year, and this complicates me playing it

Please Help :(
    I appreciate answers with respect please n_n
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Nothing to do with the patch per se, but make sure you are not playing while device is plugged in. Some chargers will cause phone to act erratically from time to time. Happens with my iPhone 5c when using an offbrand plug. Apparently, the official name brand ones function fine though.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    FIX DORMAMMU!
  • GatchuGatchu Posts: 22
    Hi guys,

Is it normal in the new arena the "Next series" button only appears until the milestones are completed ??? Then simply this button disappears.