**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

To All Those Confused On "Gwenpool Goes to the Movies"

WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
I have noticed there seems to be a lot of confusion over the new quest, how the schedule for it will work, and how we can obtain the specific champions needed to 100% explore the quest. This confusion seems to be causing some outrage around this event when really it is one of the best things I think we've seen come to the contest in a while now. So I wanted to make a post that will hopefully clear up some of the confusion and help to get everyone excited for what promises to be an awesome month (if they can just fix the heating issues).

Week 1: August 1st - August 8th

1: First set of 5 cinematic quests
2: Champions required (any *): Iron Man, Hulk, Warmachine, Thor, Captain America OG

Week 2: August 8th - August 15th

1: Second set of 5 cinematic quests
2: Champions required (any *): Hawkeye, Iron Patriot, Loki, Winter Soldier, Star Lord
3: First set of 5 cinematic quests continued
4: 2* Cinematic Crystal available in arena quickmatch

Week 3: August 15th - August 22nd

1: Third set of 5 cinematic quests
2: Champions required (any *): Ultron, Yellow Jacket, Black Panther (Civil War), Mordo, Yondu
4: Second set of 5 cinematic quests continued
5: 2* Cinematic Crystal available in arena quickmatch

Week 4: August 22nd - August 29th

1: Fourth set of 5 cinematic quests
2: Champions required (any *): Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced), Thor (Ragnarok), Killmonger, Iron Man (Infinity War), Wasp
5: Third set of 5 cinematic quests continued
6: 2* Cinematic Crystal available in arena quickmatch

Week 5: August 29th - September 5th

1: First set of 5 cinematic quests continued
2: Second set of 5 cinematic quests continued
3: Third set of 5 cinematic quests continued
4: Fourth set of 5 cinematic quests continued

Now I know this may look like a lot, but if we trust Kabam that these are "Popcorn" sized quests, then they will be very short and easy to run through in a couple minutes. Taking a look at the total of all the rewards...

Cinematic Crystals x26
Premium Hero Crystals x7
3-Star Crystals x2.5
4-Star Crystals x2.5
5-Star Crystal x0.75
3-Star Cinematic Crystal x1
Ultimate Cinematic Crystal x1
4-Star Cinematic Crystal x1
Legendary Cinematic Crystal x1
5-Star Cinematic Crystal x1

I'd say that these quests seems quite manageable for the payout rate. It is basically two extra 5* crystals (with chances at some top tier champions) on top of what we can get from the EQ. Counting all the 5* shards from duping 4* champions, that's three 5* champions just from running the easy quests this month! Which is awesome and I am thoroughly excited for them. I hope this helped clear any lingering confusion that there has been.

Note: The 2* cinematic crystal has a chance to award the basic version of one of the following champions

Iron Man
Hulk
Warmachine
Thor
Captain America
Hawkeye
Iron Patriot
Loki
Winter Soldier
Star-Lord
Ultron
YellowJacket
Black Panther (Civil War)
Mordo
Yondu
Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced)
Thor (Ragnarok)
Killmonger
Iron Man (Infinity War)
Wasp

Comments

• Clintonwalls101Clintonwalls101 Posts: 140
    Well i have all the champs but 2 killmonger and Iron man iw
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

You should be able to play a few 2* quickmatches and get the ones you are missing very easily. I am missing the same ones as you and Wasp, I will be playing quickmatches until I get these champs because I want all the rewards.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »

You should be able to play a few 2* quickmatches and get the ones you are missing very easily. I am missing the same ones as you and Wasp, I will be playing quickmatches until I get these champs because I want all the rewards.

Same
  • KyleMKyleM Posts: 129
    Personally I am very fortunate to have used marvel insider and got iron man iw so I need to get that wasp but wil be trying to get every exclusive two star and then getting them duped
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Do you need to have every champ? Or just one of the set of champs for each quest. Cuz if so you shouldn’t need to do the quick match. Now if you need all sets then that’s a must.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    Do you need to have every champ? Or just one of the set of champs for each quest. Cuz if so you shouldn’t need to do the quick match. Now if you need all sets then that’s a must.

You need to have every champ to 100% complete everything.
    You need every champ plus I want all the two star for collecting purposes

• Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Dang for real. Lol needs me a wasp ironman IW and Thor rag
    Luckily got Thor and iron man via insider but shouldn’t be too hard to get them from quick match

I could maybe have made that a bit clearer in my original post. Sorry about that. Basically there are 5 quests introduced each week and each quest requires 1 of the 20 champs in the cinematic crystal for 100% exploration.
  • jvellusjvellus Posts: 21
    Excellent breakdown post!!
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Dang for real. Lol needs me a wasp ironman IW and Thor rag

But again, should be easy to get them all by doing 1 v. 1 matches to get the 2* crystals. But as noted above...those crystals aren't available until the 8th (i.e., not today).
  • PrinceEldarionPrinceEldarion Posts: 76
    How do you know which champs are needed each week? I didn’t see that on any official post
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    They gave you the list of all 20 champs that will be required. The week for which the champs are required may not be listed in order.
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    They gave you the list of all 20 champs that will be required. The week for which the champs are required may not be listed in order.

yeah this is true, I am just assuming the order based on when they were released in the MCU and the order they gave in the original post. The only thing that would change if the order isn't quite correct would be that various champ specific quests might see or more or less availability time.
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    Much clearer. Thank you sir!
  • PureRage13PureRage13 Posts: 164
    Werewrym wrote: »
    I have noticed there seems to be a lot of confusion over the new quest, how the schedule for it will work, and how we can obtain the specific champions needed to 100% explore the quest. This confusion seems to be causing some outrage around this event when really it is one of the best things I think we've seen come to the contest in a while now. So I wanted to make a post that will hopefully clear up some of the confusion and help to get everyone excited for what promises to be an awesome month (if they can just fix the heating issues).

Week 1: August 1st - August 8th

1: First set of 5 cinematic quests
    2: Champions required (any *): Iron Man, Hulk, Warmachine, Thor, Captain America OG

Week 2: August 8th - August 15th

1: Second set of 5 cinematic quests
    2: Champions required (any *): Hawkeye, Iron Patriot, Loki, Winter Soldier, Star Lord
    4: 2* Cinematic Crystal available in arena quickmatch

Week 3: August 15th - August 22nd

1: Third set of 5 cinematic quests
    2: Champions required (any *): Ultron, Yellow Jacket, Black Panther (Civil War), Mordo, Yondu

Week 4: August 22nd - August 29th

1: Fourth set of 5 cinematic quests
    2: Champions required (any *): Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced), Thor (Ragnarok), Killmonger, Iron Man (Infinity War), Wasp
    5: Third set of 5 cinematic quests continued
    6: 2* Cinematic Crystal available in arena quickmatch

Week 5: August 29th - September 5th

1: First set of 5 cinematic quests continued
    2: Second set of 5 cinematic quests continued
    3: Third set of 5 cinematic quests continued
    4: Fourth set of 5 cinematic quests continued

Now I know this may look like a lot, but if we trust Kabam that these are "Popcorn" sized quests, then they will be very short and easy to run through in a couple minutes. Taking a look at the total of all the rewards...

Cinematic Crystals x26
    Premium Hero Crystals x7
    3-Star Crystals x2.5
    4-Star Crystals x2.5
    5-Star Crystal x0.75
    3-Star Cinematic Crystal x1
    Ultimate Cinematic Crystal x1
    4-Star Cinematic Crystal x1
    Legendary Cinematic Crystal x1
    5-Star Cinematic Crystal x1

I'd say that these quests seems quite manageable for the payout rate. It is basically two extra 5* crystals (with chances at some top tier champions) on top of what we can get from the EQ. Counting all the 5* shards from duping 4* champions, that's three 5* champions just from running the easy quests this month! Which is awesome and I am thoroughly excited for them. I hope this helped clear any lingering confusion that there has been.

Note: The 2* cinematic crystal has a chance to award the basic version of one of the following champions

Iron Man
    Hulk
    Warmachine
    Thor
    Captain America
    Hawkeye
    Iron Patriot
    Loki
    Winter Soldier
    Star-Lord
    Ultron
    YellowJacket
    Black Panther (Civil War)
    Mordo
    Yondu
    Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced)
    Thor (Ragnarok)
    Killmonger
    Iron Man (Infinity War)
    Wasp

Thanks, this helps.

One question though. Do we need to 100% complete all difficulties to get the 5 star cinematic crystal or do we just need to 100% complete the epic difficulty?
  • LysiszeroLysiszero Posts: 296
    Week 1 last champ needed is red skull. He's not in the cinematic crystal. Only way to get him is featured crystals or featured arena which means this can not be 100% by everyone. Need to be a spender.
  • PureRage13PureRage13 Posts: 164
    Lysiszero wrote: »
    Week 1 last champ needed is red skull. He's not in the cinematic crystal. Only way to get him is featured crystals or featured arena which means this can not be 100% by everyone. Need to be a spender.

Proof?

You're serious??? They made it pretty clear in their thread who was needed. Must be a bug. Guess we shouldn't be surprised.
    akw6v9j3skg6.png
    There is red skull. Now go to the announcement page and it states you can get a 2* version of any champ that is needed from cinematic crystals. Red skull is not listed but there he is.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    edited August 2018
    akw6v9j3skg6.png
    There is red skull. Now go to the announcement page and it states you can get a 2* version of any champ that is needed from cinematic crystals. Red skull is not listed but there he is.

That does not mean you need him. He is the boss of the quest. And it means you need to beat the quests before it. Also it says that you need Captain America (not Red Skull).
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 648 ★★★
    you need cap for that one. red skull is the boss.
    If that was the case then you would only need 16 champs not 20. 5 quests per week. 5 champs needed per week. But if you want to wait a few days to see that red skull is needed then fine. But remember this was mentioned days before you start crying.