**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The Future Of MCOC (constructive honest opinion)

Well looks like i don't have permission to say it in "The Future Of The Game" discussion or they removed it again or something.. so i say it here we should be able to talk about it right ?

i love MCOC but i'm not a kabam fan at the moment.. and i'm not the only one.. true there's so many negativity in the community and they are players who will never be happy with the game no matter what i understand that but let's be honest there's a reason for all the negativity and controversy.. they triggered something that will not go away easy..
there's a wide range of games out there.. just too many options so real gamers will always look for the best and switch around.. MCOC is losing these real players and the game will be left with casual players who don't care that much.. how's that going to be fun for kabam to continue the contest ?? (without excitement)..

i like the community to be more fun and positive.. i want kabam to introduce new stuff with excitement.. MCOC should be a positive experience for marvel fans and all the players.. but for many of us it's not.. for example with all the negative stuff in the game aside i can't even enjoy my favorite character he's too weak (carnage)..
so yea there's too many things to say.. they won't do anything about it they will keep moving forward the way they think it should be..

Comments

• DragonfeiDragonfei Posts: 260 ★★
    Well, if you're aiming for a truly constructive post - why not give them some recommendations on things they could do to make the issues you see better? What could they do differently to make a difference? How could they address the issues?

Simply saying there is a problem doesn't really help them fix it. Constructive feedback must be constructive in that it gives recommendations on how to fix the problems.

So....ball is still in your court?
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    You clearly didnt in this post
  • BlackFreQuencyBlackFreQuency Posts: 91
    Voltolos wrote: »
    You clearly didnt in this post

i did.. in other Discussion.. posts like this means we care about the game
    i want to hear your opinion.. that's just me.. maybe you see the future of MCOC different.. share your opinion

• BlackFreQuencyBlackFreQuency Posts: 91
    you guys made me feel bad for not being constructive :D so here's a list of things that need fixing

1.an update for overheating (android devices)
    2.after fixing some bugs we see new ones.. it would be cool not having that + lagging
    3.server issues need to be seriously looked into
    4.i get it they have their own thing but still champions abilities,class,etc. should a little make sense right ? (moving on)
    5.exciting side quests with a good time structure
    6.being creative with introducing new stuff for example peak milestones is pretty cool.. (new Villain use event is really cool)
    7.better communication (i think we all agree that sometimes MCOC can be stressful and better communication will help a lot.. answering questions.. clarifying things.. give community info about changes.. takes a long time to rank up your champs , make decisions and after ranking up if something changes or gets nerfed you understand why that's not cool !

there's just too many i don't have the time to write all of it.. i just think that MCOC has so much potential and we all need to help the game to reach that point.. all i can do is giving opinion.. i'm not kabam
  • CinnCinn Posts: 81
    Here’s the thing. The future of MCOC is dependent on the players, particularly those who generate revenue for Kabam. Unfortunately, the overheating, the unfixed bugs, and the generally poor treatment of their customer base has not really affected spending (apparently). While the community can complain, Kabam has no real reason to address these problems or even provide compensation so long as the spenders spend. Change is up to the community.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Cinn wrote: »
    Here’s the thing. The future of MCOC is dependent on the players, particularly those who generate revenue for Kabam. Unfortunately, the overheating, the unfixed bugs, and the generally poor treatment of their customer base has not really affected spending (apparently). While the community can complain, Kabam has no real reason to address these problems or even provide compensation so long as the spenders spend. Change is up to the community.

I agree. I for one am one of the so called whales and I, like most of my colleages are not going to spend as much on the game because of the treatments we get from this company, the bugs galore, the bad support, and the list goes on. And you are right, spenders will spend and they aren't going to put a high priority in a lot of these bugs if they don't need to, but I think it is coming to a point for the spenders where the bugs are way too many. Watch..game is going down and sales will be lower.
  • DragonfeiDragonfei Posts: 260 ★★
    you guys made me feel bad for not being constructive :D so here's a list of things that need fixing

1.an update for overheating (android devices)
    2.after fixing some bugs we see new ones.. it would be cool not having that + lagging
    3.server issues need to be seriously looked into
    4.i get it they have their own thing but still champions abilities,class,etc. should a little make sense right ? (moving on)
    5.exciting side quests with a good time structure
    6.being creative with introducing new stuff for example peak milestones is pretty cool.. (new Villain use event is really cool)
    7.better communication (i think we all agree that sometimes MCOC can be stressful and better communication will help a lot.. answering questions.. clarifying things.. give community info about changes.. takes a long time to rank up your champs , make decisions and after ranking up if something changes or gets nerfed you understand why that's not cool !

there's just too many i don't have the time to write all of it.. i just think that MCOC has so much potential and we all need to help the game to reach that point.. all i can do is giving opinion.. i'm not kabam

Okay, so to break this down and to understand you suggestions to address this issue, and add my own commentary for clarification for the points I believe that you are trying to land -

1. They've already said they're working on this, and are gathering device info in the Bugs forum to get it addressed as soon as possible.
    2. It's often impossible to be 100% certain that new content will not have a bug of some sort. In a game like this, that's this expansive, and has this many separate interactions, bugs are always, always going to happen. A good constructive suggestion might be a "Bug Board" of some sort, where we can see active bugs being worked on and suggest others.
    3. They likely are, that information simply cannot be shared with us. They look into an issue - and if that's the maximum amount of detail they can share, it's because that's what they are contractually allowed to say.
    4. This one is a little bit vague, so I'm not sure what you're getting at here. I'd need more details if you're looking for this to be articulate feedback that they could potentially action on.
    5. So, they regularly do side quests with different time structures. If the ones they have done for you don't work - articulate why, make a suggestion instead. From their perspective, they've already done this, and your #5 doesn't offer additional detail. An example of constructive feedback for this might be something like "8 hour side quests get very exhausting over the month, could we bring back the 24-hour? Or the 12 hour? Those were more feasible without the burnout!"
    6. There's a TON that they have done the past 5-6 months that fulfills this, so I'd actually go so far as to say there's nothing to critique here - other than ways that some of the events could have been donee better/differently.
    7. Yes, communication needs to be better, on both sides. I don't think anyone here would disagree with you. But both sides need to understand there are certain things that can and can't be said at a given time. If they don't know - and then a month later they DO know, that's not their fault, that's simply the way things are in this game. They're not trying to upset/screw anyone over. Now with that being said - I would like to see a couple of different things done in terms of communication from Kabam, specifically -
    -A tl;dr summary of a long post at the end giving the basics to make it quick/easy to see what is changing and how
    -Return of Q&A posts - in the past, when new things were released, there was always a second mod post that was "bookmarked" for Q&A stuff that was answered in the thread. I'd like to see that consistently available AND added to announcement posts when it is necessary to help address misinformation (and to make mod posts easier to find)
    -A calendar. This might sound hilarious - but with all of the events going on at any one time, especially with all of the changes that have taken place in the past few months, the new content coming, what is going to be available when - Line bots specifically exist because this information isn't readily available outside of one sentence in a post of the content itself!

Being constructive is about being specific, detailed, explaining what is wrong, and what your suggestions are to make it better. Yes, there are people that do that here on the forums, and do it well. But just because one person does it, and, heaven forbid, their post gets deleted, doesn't mean that we should suddenly stop being constructive and turn into enormous rage monsters.

tl;dr - I took your constructive suggestions, added details, specifics and turned them into possible feasible things that Kabam could implement, or acknowledged that they already have been.
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    It's really hard to be constructive on the forums anymore, so many people are upset and with good reason. I think better interactions with the moderators would help with this. I know they can't answer everything but they are our only link to Kabam. There are lots of questions only they can answer. I'm not sure why they are so tight lipped about the current problems, maybe they could explain that too.
  • FrankCYoungFrankCYoung Posts: 255 ★★
    Surprised the higher ups hasn’t seen this post, they would go ape **** and take it down and inflict unnecessary punishment to your fourm rights.
  • IsThisLossIsThisLoss Posts: 256 ★★
    my discussion is still there lol
  • IsThisLossIsThisLoss Posts: 256 ★★
    nvm they took it down, pretty funny lol
  • FrankCYoungFrankCYoung Posts: 255 ★★
    Panda rage against the man!wb3rczvmi7gy.gif