Let’s see what the general consensus is. Should Hydra Adaptoid be nerfed?

2

Comments

  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 584 ★★★
    H. Adaptoid should NOT be nerfed
    I'm speaking for my own experience. It's a Poll. I don't need people to tell me what's hard and what's not for where I'm at. I do it every month. I haven't really said much at all about EQ difficulty. This one I did. There's truth to that. Seriously, people need to back off and let me speak for myself.

    Have you tried using ronan as has been suggested by a lot of other players?
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 487 ★★
    H. Adaptoid should be nerfed
    Saiyan wrote: »
    djr17 wrote: »
    Saiyan wrote: »
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Just pointing out that your in the minority of players who see this as hard. Which proves it's not a upgraded challenge but a skills gap

    This is exactly it, it's a skill gap and that's all there is to it. He isn't like Dark Guillotine from some months ago, now that was alittle much.

    Saying there is a skill gap implies there is an upgraded challenge.

    And I hit the wrong option. I DO NOT think it should be nerfed.

    We could use the word upgraded but he also falls short in other ways. No sp3, the unblockable at the end is made easier by the power again to be able to bait, even the regen makes the unblockable easier as you can get him over 25% to finish him off, his move set is standard and lame.

    He's a heavy downgrade from 5.4 Ultron so it's not that bad.

    I also forgot the mention that Proxima can parry him even at 25%

    Yes, but no sp3 means it can chain a sp2 into a sp1, which is it's own challenge, regardless of how tired the move set is.
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 352 ★★
    H. Adaptoid should NOT be nerfed
    djr17 wrote: »
    Saiyan wrote: »
    djr17 wrote: »
    Saiyan wrote: »
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Just pointing out that your in the minority of players who see this as hard. Which proves it's not a upgraded challenge but a skills gap

    This is exactly it, it's a skill gap and that's all there is to it. He isn't like Dark Guillotine from some months ago, now that was alittle much.

    Saying there is a skill gap implies there is an upgraded challenge.

    And I hit the wrong option. I DO NOT think it should be nerfed.

    We could use the word upgraded but he also falls short in other ways. No sp3, the unblockable at the end is made easier by the power again to be able to bait, even the regen makes the unblockable easier as you can get him over 25% to finish him off, his move set is standard and lame.

    He's a heavy downgrade from 5.4 Ultron so it's not that bad.

    I also forgot the mention that Proxima can parry him even at 25%

    Yes, but no sp3 means it can chain a sp2 into a sp1, which is it's own challenge, regardless of how tired the move set is.

    They aren't hard to avoid.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,777 ★★★★★
    H. Adaptoid should be nerfed
    I think the problem arises from those unwilling to accept any advice or suggestions from others that go against their mindset. It's an ego issue. If someone comes onto the forum with the pre-determined mindset that "this content is too difficult no matter" while automatically deeming any useful counters, guides, tips that fellow summoners have provided as condescending, there's no constructive criticism that can come out of a discussion. It's an intolerant behavior and ranting - which is against forum rules.

    @Hulksmasshh Insightful comment. There's a difference between asking for feedback and asking for people to agree with you.

    Also I chose the wrong option and can't change my vote, don't nerf adaptoid. Nerf Ronan.
  • Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 249 ★★
    Don’t care
    What I don't understand is this, No one is Making you spend to attempt to beat content. There are times in this game that skill is actually needed more so than units. If you don't have the skill or the roster to complete content then skip it instead of complaining and asking for it to be made easier.




    The More You Know ***
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 478 ★★
    H. Adaptoid should NOT be nerfed
    DrZola wrote: »
    I remember Joe Fixit...

    Honestly, the only beef I have with opponents like the Hydra Adaptoid is that they often require high precision game play in a game notorious for lags and frame rate problems.

    Dr. Zola

    I never thought I would agree with Zola. But he’s 100% right. It’s the lag that isn’t the problem. Not the champion. When you swipe back to evade and the screen freezes for 2-3 seconds and you’re desperately continuously swiping only to get hit with an easy L1.....

    That’s the issue.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,472 ★★★★★
    H. Adaptoid should be nerfed
    Sighsohard wrote: »
    DrZola wrote: »
    I remember Joe Fixit...

    Honestly, the only beef I have with opponents like the Hydra Adaptoid is that they often require high precision game play in a game notorious for lags and frame rate problems.

    Dr. Zola

    I never thought I would agree with Zola. But he’s 100% right. It’s the lag that isn’t the problem. Not the champion. When you swipe back to evade and the screen freezes for 2-3 seconds and you’re desperately continuously swiping only to get hit with an easy L1.....

    That’s the issue.

    Definitely a contributor.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,472 ★★★★★
    H. Adaptoid should be nerfed
    Oh, I see. You just wanted to take jabs at me. I just agreed with you partly. I said the lag was a contributor. If you're just going to make it personal, we don't need to speak.
  • VgerVger Posts: 25
    H. Adaptoid should NOT be nerfed
    Honestly...to me Heimdall is worse with his immediate power gain and 2 bar start. If he doesn't SP2 immediately you are toast unless you have duped Ice, duped Cage, or duped Gwenpool to tank that SP3. Maybe something else I'm not thinking of, but I don't know. Seems much more limited in your options than the Hydra Adaptoid.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,472 ★★★★★
    H. Adaptoid should be nerfed
    I'm not shocked I found something difficult. Things challenge me often. I either find a way through it, or I judge for myself whether it's worth the stress. I'm just not interested in discussing me personally more than the topic. It's pretty bad when I can't even bring up an issue without it becoming a free-for-all.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,472 ★★★★★
    H. Adaptoid should be nerfed
    Vger wrote: »
    Honestly...to me Heimdall is worse with his immediate power gain and 2 bar start. If he doesn't SP2 immediately you are toast unless you have duped Ice, duped Cage, or duped Gwenpool to tank that SP3. Maybe something else I'm not thinking of, but I don't know. Seems much more limited in your options than the Hydra Adaptoid.

    I didn't actually have trouble with Heimdall. Red Skull took some adjusting because he defaults to Block. Took some timing adjustments.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,472 ★★★★★
    H. Adaptoid should be nerfed
    Shaun01 wrote: »
    GW is salty because he picked a team and got to the boss and got wiped. Instead of backing out and reassessing the situation, he "pushed through" and dumped a bunch of revives and health pots. Then gets on forums to complain about the difficulty and sees that many in the community have found the answer, like always. Patience is a virtue. It pays to not "power through" on day one of the EQ.


    The More You Know****

    The largest suggestion people came up with is going in with a 2* or 3* Ronan and creating a Stun loop. That's a clear indication there's something to what I'm saying, but you're trying to make it about me. Not the topic. qvofxmt8ah5i.jpeg
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,472 ★★★★★
    H. Adaptoid should be nerfed
    You're trying to argue my own thoughts and feelings. There is no wrong.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 5,074 ★★★★★
    H. Adaptoid should NOT be nerfed
    Shaun01 wrote: »
    GW is salty because he picked a team and got to the boss and got wiped. Instead of backing out and reassessing the situation, he "pushed through" and dumped a bunch of revives and health pots. Then gets on forums to complain about the difficulty and sees that many in the community have found the answer, like always. Patience is a virtue. It pays to not "power through" on day one of the EQ.


    The More You Know****

    The largest suggestion people came up with is going in with a 2* or 3* Ronan and creating a Stun loop. That's a clear indication there's something to what I'm saying, but you're trying to make it about me. Not the topic. qvofxmt8ah5i.jpeg

    No, you are wrong again. The point of the 2*/3* Ronin posts was to show that no matter how bad your roster is you have an answer on your team already. Far from being an indication that there is something to what you are saying, it's an indication that the devs provided a solution for everyone. But there are so many other solutions that don't require you to take a 3*. Also it's not about you. It's about the fact that you say it's too hard and when people try to show you how to beat it easily with dozens of options you double down and say it strengthens your position that it's too hard. Because obviously with all your vast experience running master you know too hard when you see it... People object to obviously wrong opinions. But it's easier to think it's about you than admit you are wrong.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 5,074 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    H. Adaptoid should NOT be nerfed
    You're trying to argue my own thoughts and feelings. There is no wrong.

    Thoughts and feelings can be wrong... as you have proven today.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,472 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    H. Adaptoid should be nerfed
    You're trying to argue my own thoughts and feelings. There is no wrong.

    Thoughts and feelings can be wrong... as you have proven today.

    That's about as arrogant as it comes. People wouldn't even be arguing this much if it wasn't me commenting.

    Here's a very simple concept. OP asks what people think (feel). People respond. There's no debate, no right or wrong, just opinions.
    One person thinks there's nothing wrong with it.
    One person thinks it's too much.
    End of story.
    It's a Poll. Not a trap into argument. You can't tell someone they're wrong when they're expressing their own thoughts and feelings based on THEIR OWN experience. You can't speak for them. Instead, it turns into an overpowering of opinions because people think they're right and someone else is wrong. Don't tell me my experience is wrong. You're not me. You don't speak for me or my experience. My thoughts are that it's too much, and I don't give a flying fig who thinks I'm wrong. That's my view. It should be respectfully disagreeing instead of pushing someone's view into a corner because people are worried it will be taken seriously.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    H. Adaptoid should be nerfed
    You're trying to argue my own thoughts and feelings. There is no wrong.

    Thoughts and feelings can be wrong... as you have proven today.

    That's about as arrogant as it comes. People wouldn't even be arguing this much if it wasn't me commenting.

    Here's a very simple concept. OP asks what people think (feel). People respond. There's no debate, no right or wrong, just opinions.
    One person thinks there's nothing wrong with it.
    One person thinks it's too much.
    End of story.
    It's a Poll. Not a trap into argument. You can't tell someone they're wrong when they're expressing their own thoughts and feelings based on THEIR OWN experience. You can't speak for them. Instead, it turns into an overpowering of opinions because people think they're right and someone else is wrong. Don't tell me my experience is wrong. You're not me. You don't speak for me or my experience. My thoughts are that it's too much, and I don't give a flying fig who thinks I'm wrong. That's my view. It should be respectfully disagreeing instead of pushing someone's view into a corner because people are worried it will be taken seriously.

    I can see your point, and I somewhat agree, but in that case why do you so often comment on things that relate to Uncollected difficulty?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,472 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    H. Adaptoid should be nerfed
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    You're trying to argue my own thoughts and feelings. There is no wrong.

    Thoughts and feelings can be wrong... as you have proven today.

    That's about as arrogant as it comes. People wouldn't even be arguing this much if it wasn't me commenting.

    Here's a very simple concept. OP asks what people think (feel). People respond. There's no debate, no right or wrong, just opinions.
    One person thinks there's nothing wrong with it.
    One person thinks it's too much.
    End of story.
    It's a Poll. Not a trap into argument. You can't tell someone they're wrong when they're expressing their own thoughts and feelings based on THEIR OWN experience. You can't speak for them. Instead, it turns into an overpowering of opinions because people think they're right and someone else is wrong. Don't tell me my experience is wrong. You're not me. You don't speak for me or my experience. My thoughts are that it's too much, and I don't give a flying fig who thinks I'm wrong. That's my view. It should be respectfully disagreeing instead of pushing someone's view into a corner because people are worried it will be taken seriously.

    I can see your point, and I somewhat agree, but in that case why do you so often comment on things that relate to Uncollected difficulty?

    As I said in another Thread, I think it's too much for Master. If it's too amped up for Master, then clearly something is up for Uncollected. It's the same Boss. I'm commenting on the Boss. In this Thread, the OP asked about Hydraptoid in general.
  • ChadhoganChadhogan Posts: 314 ★★
    Don’t care
    My top champ is rank 4 5* Loki and he loves enemies with all the buffs it's just a joy to crush them
  • Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 249 ★★
    Don’t care

    The largest suggestion people came up with is going in with a 2* or 3* Ronan and creating a Stun loop. That's a clear indication there's something to what I'm saying, but you're trying to make it about me. Not the topic.


    Going by what you are saying, Blades synergies are a "loophole". Using a bleed immune against say, Hawkeye would be a "loophole". When one one my alliance mates suggested Ronan I said, Oh, just like Venom in Act 4? He said exactly. So using Ronan like this isn't anything new. People just get locked into a set of Champs for questing. People forget about the different abilities that all these champs have, myself included. It isn't a loophole.


    qvofxmt8ah5i.jpeg

  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 5,074 ★★★★★
    H. Adaptoid should NOT be nerfed
    You're trying to argue my own thoughts and feelings. There is no wrong.

    Thoughts and feelings can be wrong... as you have proven today.

    That's about as arrogant as it comes. People wouldn't even be arguing this much if it wasn't me commenting.

    Here's a very simple concept. OP asks what people think (feel). People respond. There's no debate, no right or wrong, just opinions.
    One person thinks there's nothing wrong with it.
    One person thinks it's too much.
    End of story.
    It's a Poll. Not a trap into argument. You can't tell someone they're wrong when they're expressing their own thoughts and feelings based on THEIR OWN experience. You can't speak for them. Instead, it turns into an overpowering of opinions because people think they're right and someone else is wrong. Don't tell me my experience is wrong. You're not me. You don't speak for me or my experience. My thoughts are that it's too much, and I don't give a flying fig who thinks I'm wrong. That's my view. It should be respectfully disagreeing instead of pushing someone's view into a corner because people are worried it will be taken seriously.

    Nope. What’s arrogant is the position that your thoughts and feelings can’t be wrong even though people have shown you a dozen reasons why they are.
  • Hello everyone,

    Please keep your discussion on topic and be constructive. Discussion is fine but please refrain from making this personal.

    Thank you,
    Porkchop
Sign In or Register to comment.