**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Chat Censor

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Our chat filter is constantly evolving and changing, and some words are only censored because of the context that it could be used. That being said, this sounds odd, so I'll be taking this to people in charge of what gets censored and seeing if there's something up!

Thanks buddy. Just wanted to know what was up. It was a recent thing, and my guys were getting frustrated. If it's censored Ally Chat now, at least I can give them a heads up so they screen what they say. The whole line is censored now, so one word and it's just "#########". Lol. Thanks for passing it along.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Our chat filter is constantly evolving and changing, and some words are only censored because of the context that it could be used. That being said, this sounds odd, so I'll be taking this to people in charge of what gets censored and seeing if there's something up!

Thanks buddy. Just wanted to know what was up. It was a recent thing, and my guys were getting frustrated. If it's censored Ally Chat now, at least I can give them a heads up so they screen what they say. The whole line is censored now, so one word and it's just "#########". Lol. Thanks for passing it along.

Wow how many times are you going to keep going on about my guys, guessing you have recently started an alliance an are very proud of something
    Jaffacaked wrote: »

Wow how many times are you going to keep going on about my guys, guessing you have recently started an alliance an are very proud of something

That's a bit desperate for a personal attack, isn't it? They were asking. That was the reason for the Post. I can see you have some sort of personal resentment. I do hope you resolve that. Best of luck.
  • hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★
    The chat censor is nonsense and a mess and if you aren't using chat apps in your alliance, then you should find a better alliance. The censor blocks the word YouTube. Like, how is that anything bad?
    hurricant wrote: »
    The chat censor is nonsense and a mess and if you aren't using chat apps in your alliance, then you should find a better alliance. The censor blocks the word YouTube. Like, how is that anything bad?

We use Line, and some of us are connected on Facebook. Global I can understand. Ally Chat is a new one. Never understood the YouTube thing either. I suppose it could have something to do with promoting.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★

That's a bit desperate for a personal attack, isn't it? They were asking. That was the reason for the Post. I can see you have some sort of personal resentment. I do hope you resolve that. Best of luck.

It's a question, why do you always jump to oh it's a personal attack.

It's a question, why do you always jump to oh it's a personal attack.

That's what it was. This is not our first interaction. Your comment had nothing to do with the topic. It was criticism about my comment and an implication about my Ally. Since I'm not interested in feeding anything more, this will be the end of the conversation. If you have anything to comment on the topic, I'll be happy to discuss it.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,570 ★★★★★
    edited June 2017
    Is there a reason my post

"Our 7.3 million point alliance is looking for a daily player, 200k+. Inquire within...."

is censored every single time?

When I abbreviate the word point to pt. , it allows me to post.

WTF?
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,570 ★★★★★
    "Road to lol" appears to get my statement censored also.
  • OltorfOltorf Posts: 34
    I just want to be able to disable it by choice.
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    Why has chat "evolved" to censor the name Charles Barkley? That's just a random example of things that get censored. Some things are censored "because of the context it could be used in"? Charles Barkley could be used in an offensive way? If not, who the heck set it up so that random things were censored? You'll just be having a conversation about anything from AW to who to rank up to the NBA Finals, and then random things get blocked out.

Seriously, though. Go try to say Charles Barkley in the chat. I said "'That's just turrible' -Charles Barkley" one time and it was censored. Go try it.
  • I try to talk with my friend on the game and it keeps censoring everything she says. I really hope Kabam can fix this problem because it wasn't a problem before but now it's getting worse and worse. Like I can't say **** Grayson,even though it's a comic book character and so on. Please fix it and make it back to the way it was
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    Rap wrote: »
    Then use your vocabulary boys! Instead of #### #### use "what the Kardashian!"

It's not just with swearing. Random things are censored as well. Although if it is intended, I can give my guys a heads up so they don't get frustrated.

What are these "random" things your trying to say if not swearing? Sounds interesting
  • Like as one of the guys said up there, Charles Barkley,**** Grayson and so on. What I don't understand is they don't censor the f word yet it censors names on here, it's making me extremely annoyed.
    Rap wrote: »
    Then use your vocabulary boys! Instead of #### #### use "what the Kardashian!"

It's not just with swearing. Random things are censored as well. Although if it is intended, I can give my guys a heads up so they don't get frustrated.

What are these "random" things your trying to say if not swearing? Sounds interesting

I already said. I commented that the War Opponent had very few KO's. If you can find a swear in that, I'll give you a dollar. I still don't understand why PM's and Ally Chay is censored. That's up to our discretion.
  • Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★
    Why the heck isn't everyone using a third party chat app? The in game chat sucks regardless of censorship.
  • GunzoGunzo Posts: 719 ★★
    You can actually say 'no ****' in the global chat without getting censored, lmao
    Gunzo wrote: »
    You can actually say 'no ****' in the global chat without getting censored, lmao

Actually that's the only curse that's not censored. I have no problem with Global. Just wondering why private channels are censored. I suppose if they chose to make it censored I can respect that. Just that it was sudden, and I wasn't aware of it. I still feel it should be up to us, but I can understand the logic in it.
  • We definitely should at least have an option to turn off the filters in our own alliances. I see no reason (besides the programming) that we shouldn't be able to say whatever we wanted between the 30 of us, in our own little worlds. Make it happen Kabam.
  • My friend is getting so annoyed about the chat censor but I can't calm her down because of it.
  • PhantomPhantom Posts: 228
    Figured I'd bring this up again.

Someone in my alliance just said "Opening Premiums is like buying a lottery ticket." It was censored. My friend tried to describe lottery tickets without saying the word. He finally got the point across, so I said what he had been trying to say all along, and it worked. Then he said it, and it was fine. Why do things get censored for five minutes, then are fine after that?
  • unknownunknown Posts: 378
    They messed around with the chat filter awhile back and it's filtering all kinds of stuff that it shouldn't.

There's been some threads on it, and not to long ago the word password triggered the # for the whole message for me.

I think they said that they're looking into it or something

I see. So in other words, they are doing nothing. Isn't that their line for everything they don't look into?
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    ##### ### ########## #### # ## ######
  • I learned from Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes that "basement" is a swear word.

I love learning!
    Phantom wrote: »

Someone in my alliance just said "Opening Premiums is like buying a lottery ticket." It was censored. My friend tried to describe lottery tickets without saying the word. He finally got the point across, so I said what he had been trying to say all along, and it worked. Then he said it, and it was fine. Why do things get censored for five minutes, then are fine after that?

Nice necro. Lol. I'm not sure why the system is so sensitive. I know that certain words and phrases have been added over time. It could be anything.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★

Nice necro. Lol. I'm not sure why the system is so sensitive. I know that certain words and phrases have been added over time. It could be anything.

In another game, I actually experienced the same but they don't censor the entire thing, so you know which words of your text were the "sensitive" ones.

Based on that experience, sometimes there are words that accidentally form a sensitive word by ignoring the spaces, so saying something along the lines of "Hey, remember how I yelled ick that one time?" will get the entire thing censored (of course, this is a silly example but you get the point).
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    I learned from Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes that "basement" is a swear word.

I love learning!

Drop the 'b', 'a', and 't' from basement, and you will see why. Horsemen would also be censored there, for the same reason. I think WoW had the same situation that Rotmgmoddy mentioned, where letters that could form curse/sensitive words via spaces, and sometimes through symbols like @, would be caught up in it.
    Amonthir wrote: »

I love learning!

Drop the 'b', 'a', and 't' from basement, and you will see why. Horsemen would also be censored there, for the same reason. I think WoW had the same situation that Rotmgmoddy mentioned, where letters that could form curse/sensitive words via spaces, and sometimes through symbols like @, would be caught up in it.

That may be how it works, but that doesn't mean it's a good system. What if "FU" is censored? Would "fun" be censored? How about "doofus" or "future" or even "fundamental"? It's just a bad setup.
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    edited September 2017

I love learning!

That may be how it works, but that doesn't mean it's a good system. What if "FU" is censored? Would "fun" be censored? How about "doofus" or "future" or even "fundamental"? It's just a bad setup.

The letters F and U when used in conjunction is censored but when used in a larger word it is not.

I love learning!

The letters F and U when used in conjunction is censored but when used in a larger word it is not.

Then it only works that way sometimes. Another way that the censor doesn't do its job well.