**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Skill isn’t a thing anymore

13»

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    One thing I really don't get is after they nerfed OG Thor they then turned around and gave Medusa his old skill set and then some. Why is more than 2 armor break stacks too OP for Thor but it's fine for Medusa?

They did not give Medusa OG Thor's abilities. Not only did they not give Medusa OG Thor's abilities, in the post 12.0 game it is literally impossible for any champion to have OG Thor's abilities. The abilities themselves do not exist within the game mechanics anymore.

For those that did not experience or do not understand how OG Thor worked in 11.0 and earlier, OG Thor's armor breaks were huge and stacked multiplicatively. In other words, to simplify a bit, Thor's armor break roughly doubled damage. Stacking it didn't triple damage, it quadrupled damage. Stacking +100% armor break seven times didn't give you +700% damage, it gave you x128 damage. That's not a typo: that's one hundred twenty eight *times* more damage.

Armor break doesn't work that way anymore in the post 12.0 flat stats game, so nothing can replicate what Thor used to do anymore.
  • ColleenColleen Posts: 173
    @Namelez you can’t really be saying elektra and be can take down a 5/65 or 4/55 in 3 minutes or less with an extra 200% health maybe cross bones cause but he and elektra don’t have the greatest damage output
    Bw not be*
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    Colleen wrote: »
    @Namelez you can’t really be saying elektra and be can take down a 5/65 or 4/55 in 3 minutes or less with an extra 200% health maybe cross bones cause but he and elektra don’t have the greatest damage output

Damage output ? No. DOT ? Yes. So yes a 3/45 or 4/55 Elektra can beat down a 4/55 or 5/65 boss... Her damage is close to BW. Magik has done it. BW has done it. Eleketra can do it.
    @Namelez idk what tier aw your in but in t3+ with everyone trying to get into platinum no one I’ve seen is brining any of those champions into a boss fight
    @Namelez idk what tier aw your in but in t3+ with everyone trying to get into platinum no one I’ve seen is brining any of those champions into a boss fight

Maybe u can't beat the boss but somehow someone in every BG in ur alliance beats the boss. Just bc u can't doesn't mean they need to be nerfed
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    @Primmer79 what if Thor rag was on a stun immune node? Would you not agree that intercepting is a skill? A couple month ago intercepting was a skill needed to fight stun immune now stun immune can stun back just cause you intercepted

I would call skill in this "being able to adapt." On stun immune, one very specific node that is a decent placement for him, you need to bait specials and heavies if you don't have the right counter. Speaking of counters, you could even use an ability reducer in this case.

Well they nerfed BW too when they nerfed OG Thor and SW so there's that.

One thing I really don't get is after they nerfed OG Thor they then turned around and gave Medusa his old skill set and then some. Why is more than 2 armor break stacks too OP for Thor but it's fine for Medusa?

A comment like this tells me you don't understand how old thor worked

Oh really, please elaborate?
    @Primmer79 what if Thor rag was on a stun immune node? Would you not agree that intercepting is a skill? A couple month ago intercepting was a skill needed to fight stun immune now stun immune can stun back just cause you intercepted

I would call skill in this "being able to adapt." On stun immune, one very specific node that is a decent placement for him, you need to bait specials and heavies if you don't have the right counter. Speaking of counters, you could even use an ability reducer in this case.

Well they nerfed BW too when they nerfed OG Thor and SW so there's that.

A comment like this tells me you don't understand how old thor worked

I didn’t even know how he worked, mainly because I pulled him as a brand new 4* a year after his nerf

His armor breaks used to be unlimited allowing him to do massive damage. He was quite the boss killer in aw and aq. Now he does 2 which is still better than the 1 he was initially nerfed to before boycott.
    DNA3000 wrote: »

They did not give Medusa OG Thor's abilities. Not only did they not give Medusa OG Thor's abilities, in the post 12.0 game it is literally impossible for any champion to have OG Thor's abilities. The abilities themselves do not exist within the game mechanics anymore.

For those that did not experience or do not understand how OG Thor worked in 11.0 and earlier, OG Thor's armor breaks were huge and stacked multiplicatively. In other words, to simplify a bit, Thor's armor break roughly doubled damage. Stacking it didn't triple damage, it quadrupled damage. Stacking +100% armor break seven times didn't give you +700% damage, it gave you x128 damage. That's not a typo: that's one hundred twenty eight *times* more damage.

Armor break doesn't work that way anymore in the post 12.0 flat stats game, so nothing can replicate what Thor used to do anymore.

I was more or less referring to the fact he is limited to 2 now, where Medusa can get to what 5 and then do the armor shatter? The nerfing of the mechanic is a different topic and that affected more than just OG Thor, don't see anybody using Ironfist anymore since then either do we?
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    Another day, another crying Dough....
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I was more or less referring to the fact he is limited to 2 now, where Medusa can get to what 5 and then do the armor shatter? The nerfing of the mechanic is a different topic and that affected more than just OG Thor, don't see anybody using Ironfist anymore since then either do we?

If I’m honest, I’d still rather Thor’s multiplicative armour break even if it were capped at 3, rather than Medusa’s weaker 5 possible breaks.

Focusing on the fact that Medusa can stack five while Thor can only stack two is completely misleading. Not only does Medusa not have the level of armor break that 11.0 Thor had, she doesn't even come close to the armor break that current Thor has. Thor might only be able to stack two breaks, but his breaks are far stronger than Medusa's. In fact, a single armor break from Thor deals more armor break than five stacks of armor break from Medusa, and also more armor break than Medusa's armor shatter debuff. That's with a single armor break effect from Thor, and he can stack two of those. Basically, Thor has twice the armor break ability of Medusa under the best case scenario for Medusa: comparing Thor's armor break to Medusa's armor shatter. When comparing Thor's armor break against Medusa's stacking armor break, the fact that Medusa can stack five is irrelevant: she's nowhere near a single armor break from Thor, much less two.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    I wish more people understood this. I've played games where I was sitting at the top. There's no there, there. You have to literally invent ways to entertain yourself when you're there, because no game company has the resources to dangle shiny things in front of their top players constantly. You play at your own pace, you set your own goals, and you take pride in achieving them on your own terms. If you do, you'll be a lot happier. There's no shame in not being a top players in a game that has no end built into it. In fact, having things you can't do yet because you're not ready yet is a luxury that many players seem all too willing to toss aside.

I once said that grinding and spending your way to the top of a game is like trying to race your way to the end of your vacation. It might make sense at the time, but it is going to look really silly when you finally get there.

MCOC is currently unique in the amount of effort invested to circumvent MCOC rules or terms of service to stay at the top. Buying mercenaries/pilots new devices, using classadvantage to arrange 2* wars, assigning alliance members "account partners", using VPNs out of ignorance of what kind of data is logged when players play MCOC, and more and still no alliance has repeated as Alliance War Season Champions.
    I wish more people understood this. I've played games where I was sitting at the top. There's no there, there. You have to literally invent ways to entertain yourself when you're there, because no game company has the resources to dangle shiny things in front of their top players constantly. You play at your own pace, you set your own goals, and you take pride in achieving them on your own terms. If you do, you'll be a lot happier. There's no shame in not being a top players in a game that has no end built into it. In fact, having things you can't do yet because you're not ready yet is a luxury that many players seem all too willing to toss aside.

I once said that grinding and spending your way to the top of a game is like trying to race your way to the end of your vacation. It might make sense at the time, but it is going to look really silly when you finally get there.

MCOC is currently unique in the amount of effort invested to circumvent MCOC rules or terms of service to stay at the top. Buying mercenaries/pilots new devices, using classadvantage to arrange 2* wars, assigning alliance members "account partners", using VPNs out of ignorance of what kind of data is logged when players play MCOC, and more and still no alliance has repeated as Alliance War Season Champions.

I don't think it is unique, but it does seem like a lot of effort that doesn't directly translate into very much outside of the game. I've seen some pretty intense efforts to circumvent games' rules and terms of service in games where you can do things like mine transferrable resources or that have genuine in-game economies, but outside of auctioning your account off there's no real opportunities like that in MCOC.

Sometimes I think that for many players who do this, the thrill of wearing the black hat is its own reward. But I think if that is your thing, you should really be playing Eve Online, not MCOC.
  • Al_AhadHKGNAl_AhadHKGN Posts: 126
    It never was.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Infantry wrote: »
    Skill means nothing anymore only Visa Mastercard ect.

What about Discover?
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    @Namelez I know there’s no auto block champs in LOL but aw bosses have a fraction of the health of those in LOL I myself wouldn’t bring a Karnak into an aw medusa boss fight knowing well I’d run outta time is my point...yes he can bypass autoblock but his damage output isn’t that good

You should try Loki. Keeping 3 fury on him makes his damage great
    Dshu wrote: »
    @Namelez I know there’s no auto block champs in LOL but aw bosses have a fraction of the health of those in LOL I myself wouldn’t bring a Karnak into an aw medusa boss fight knowing well I’d run outta time is my point...yes he can bypass autoblock but his damage output isn’t that good

You should try Loki. Keeping 3 fury on him makes his damage great

Totally agree bro Medusa theres so many counters too Loki KillMonger Proxima Rogue etc
    @Namelez I can actually beat bosses but plz show me a vid or pic of someone bringing a Karnak,Bw, and elektra into aw and getting boss kills (I’d like to see those champs specifically since you seem to think they can take down aw bosses)
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★

And it’s such a shame too, because it was epic, you got to literally feel like your fighting with the god of thunder.

Now it’s terrible
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

And it’s such a shame too, because it was epic, you got to literally feel like your fighting with the god of thunder.

Now it’s terrible

Same with Witch, like she’s still good now. But she used to feel like someone who could actually cause the House of M. Now it’s kinda just “slightly less Mutants.”
    @Namelez I can actually beat bosses but plz show me a vid or pic of someone bringing a Karnak,Bw, and elektra into aw and getting boss kills (I’d like to see those champs specifically since you seem to think they can take down aw bosses)

U left out my other champs. Proxima. Corvus. KillMonger.