**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Rank down tickets

There is always talk of rank down tickets in compensation or just in general at all times. I wish I had a few myself right as well. I write this to start the conversation of having rank down tickets twice a year regularly. Have them valid for a week and expire if not used within that week.

Rank downs are a natural byproduct of the constant change in this game. A new awesome character come out and you are so excited and you are luck to get said character to rank up! Just to find this character is not working as intended and will “fixed”. A character does awesome on a node in war and you rank up for it.... just to find the node is changed and that character is useless.

My point is.... EVERYTHING CHANGES and a character that was awesome last year is horrible this year. Is that fair to the people that spend their hard earned money on the game? I really do not think so.... I propose one rank down per 3 / 4 / 5* ever 6 months to help balance out the changes that we have no choice but to swallow.

Thank you

Comments

• PocketjackPocketjack Posts: 3
    Ye also refund on mistaken purchase as i click on class 4 cat trade as game glitched on greater solo. Only to have support team tell me they wont refund me why is this so difficult to refjnd ?

• Nemesis666Nemesis666 Posts: 166
    A big No this.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    Well...the counter argument is that they give out more resources over time to rank up new champions. It's not like they give everyone a set amount of resources to use when they start the game with no chance to obtain additional rank up materials.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    There was literally a thread closed a few hours ago about this.

Rank down tickets will not be issued.

Rank down tickets should not be issued.

This thread will be closed.

Please stop posting about rank down tickets.
    DNA wrote: »
    I really do not think this is unreasonable and would quiet down all the noise about down tickets and changes in the game.

Lol...giving rank down tickets would stop people from asking for rank down tickets? Yes and no. Yes they would stop asking in the immediate future. But no in the sense that whenever Kabam given this community something, they invariably ask for more.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    If a champion is reworked (not buffed) or substantially nerfed, maybe we'll get specific RDT's.
    That's how it works.

You are correct... there was but what I am saying is that this should NOT be because “compensation” but a regular part of the game. Please read my post before bashing it.

The thread wasn't closed because they were asking for RDT as compensation. The thread was closed because they asked for RDT at all. Just like this one will/should be.
  • DNADNA Posts: 16
    Raganator wrote: »
    I really do not think this is unreasonable and would quiet down all the noise about down tickets and changes in the game.

Lol...giving rank down tickets would stop people from asking for rank down tickets? Yes and no. Yes they would stop asking in the immediate future. But no in the sense that whenever Kabam given this community something, they invariably ask for more.

You have a point but you never know until you try. There have been 2 points in time we have gotten rank downs and both have been appreciated by the community in general.

Kabam Mike post that version 19.0 “compensation” will NOT include AG / rank downs / etc. This is the thread I was thinking of
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★

You are correct... there was but what I am saying is that this should NOT be because “compensation” but a regular part of the game. Please read my post before bashing it.

Your "argument" is no different than the other 500 posts about RDT's. They aren't for constant changes in the game. That is call evolution and progress. As @Raganator said we are able to get more and more resources to rank other and new champs all the time. This is part of the game. Our current, used resources are not meant to be used over and over again to rank up/rank down. They haven't made any changes like 12.0 since then and they won't do that again. No champ has been changed at all. These threads need to go away.
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

Your "argument" is no different than the other 500 posts about RDT's. They aren't for constant changes in the game. That is call evolution and progress. As @Raganator said we are able to get more and more resources to rank other and new champs all the time. This is part of the game. Our current, used resources are not meant to be used over and over again to rank up/rank down. They haven't made any changes like 12.0 since then and they won't do that again. No champ has been changed at all. These threads need to go away.

Yes we are constantly getting more resources and ranking up more characters but will I ever use my R4 Green Goblin again... probably not. I have 13 R4 5* or higher but in this game of limited resources I would love to use those on something useful. Thanks

Yes we are constantly getting more resources and ranking up more characters but will I ever use my R4 Green Goblin again... probably not. I have 13 R4 5* or higher but in this game of limited resources I would love to use those on something useful. Thanks

What would you do if RDT's were never a thing? You'd still have 13 R4 5*'s.... You made the choice to rank 13 5*'s to R4, not Kabam. You can hold 12 T2A in stash and make better choices. That's all on you.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    If people just swapped Champs, no one would bother playing to earn Resources, which is actually the point of a number of game modes.
  • KyrieRedKyrieRed Posts: 287 ★★
    Players with top tier champions don’t want players with low tier champs to reshape their top champions. They will tell you things like “you made the decision to rank that champions” of course Sherlock but based on the game 1 year ago and available champions. People get offended for little things
    edited August 2018

Rank down tickets being “part of the game” would be worse than compensation. Why bother thinking about your rank ups if you can just rank them down?

Edit: I had read your post, and that’s why I said what I did. No post asking for rank down tickets will be good for the game unless there’s a nerf or change to a champion. Get over it bud.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★

Another non facts personalized post.

Rank down tickets being “part of the game” would be worse than compensation. Why bother thinking about your rank ups if you can just rank them down?

Edit: I had read your post, and that’s why I said what I did. No post asking for rank down tickets will be good for the game unless there’s a nerf or change to a champion. Get over it bud.

If I had the ability to select the champion I want shame on me for ranking up without thinking but it’s luck at some point u have to rank what u have not what u want
    edited August 2018
    KyrieRed wrote: »

If I had the ability to select the champion I want shame on me for ranking up without thinking but it’s luck at some point u have to rank what u have not what u want

That's why you use said Champ to earn more Resources to Rank what you want later.

That’s how the game progresses. I have a rank 4 5* Black Panther Classic I don’t use. I have a rank 4 5* gwenpool I don’t use. I know they can be good champions but I don’t need them for Aq, Aw or Questing. I’d much rather put those materials in better champions that I have a use for. But I get that I made those choices, I ranked up those champions when I needed them.

That’s why you don’t get rank down tickets for no reason.

That's why you use said Champ to earn more Resources to Rank what you want later.

The whole argument about rank down tickets is not center about obtaining t4cc or t1a or t4b, it’s about getting the t2a back because say what you want but that is the resource you don’t get easily. No one cares about anything else
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Every December would be nice 🤷‍♂️ The game would be a lot less stagnant if you were afforded a small amount of flexibility.

The whole argument about rank down tickets is not center about obtaining t4cc or t1a or t4b, it’s about getting the t2a back because say what you want but that is the resource you don’t get easily. No one cares about anything else

That's the point. You have to play to earn more. Ranking is a decision we make that is irreversible. We don't do it expecting to get the Cats back. We Rank, earn more, and Rank again. Doesn't matter what it is.

What's the point of creating content then? Should they just give us resources at the start and champions and all we have to do is wait for RDT's to move resources around?
    The whole conversation is null and void though. They said in every single other one of the 500 RDT thread they aren't bringing them back. There arent any new angles to take, there aren't any new reasons for them or the such. They arent needed or coming back.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★

Is one thing to talk about 19.0 and how rank down is not valid, it's another to just close a thread on rank down. Everyone has equal opportunity on this topic if you don't think it's for you move on to a different thread.
    From my perspective, asking for RDT is saying either (i) you don't like the fact that the game is all about progression, or (ii) you think progression takes too long. Either way, it has been the fundamental of the game since the beginning. Why would it change now?
    PaytoPlay wrote: »

Is one thing to talk about 19.0 and how rank down is not valid, it's another to just close a thread on rank down. Everyone has equal opportunity on this topic if you don't think it's for you move on to a different thread.

So because my opinion is different I shouldn’t comment? Nice idea there.

There has pretty much been a rank down ticket thread every day since 12.0. Forgive me if I’m a little annoyed at people asking for rank down tickets. They have been asked for in every conceivable way they could be given out: For free, for units, for gold, once every X amount of days/months/ weeks, as an event, as a gift, as an apology, for a nerf, for a buff, because kabam should, as a trade for champions/iso/units/gold, as a reward for an arena/an event/ a quest, as a balance to the game, for compensation, for people’s birthdays. Can you see why I’m annoyed yet?
This discussion has been closed.