**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

4Star Medusa solo vs. uncollected Hydra Adaptoid | Marvel: Contest of Champions

Comments

• Options
    RaoulDuke420RaoulDuke420 Posts: 31
    Nice man! Wish I could intercept like that.
  • Options
    Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    hdimm5dcxi2r.png
    Good job! I was close but he just wouldn’t give it to me...
  • Options
    KrzysaltKrzysalt Posts: 577
    @RaoulDuke420 It's not that hard, would you be interested in a intercepting video?
  • Options
    @Savio444 oh man! So close! At least you can just finish him off with another champ right there. No need to spend any units.
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,505 ★★★★★

Love the username.
  • Options
    RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    I DID IT WITH MINE UNDUPE. 360 HITS LOL
  • Options
    Raganator wrote: »

Love the username.

whose username? Mine or his?
  • Options
    Rixob wrote: »
    I DID IT WITH MINE UNDUPE. 360 HITS LOL

unduped 4* or 5* Medusa? I'm sure a 5* would not take that many hits so I'll assume it's a 4*.
  • Options
    Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Krzysalt wrote: »
    @Savio444 oh man! So close! At least you can just finish him off with another champ right there. No need to spend any units.

Yeah, it would have been a great feeling though. Quite a difficult boss without the right champs.
  • Options
    Savio444 wrote: »

Yeah, it would have been a great feeling though. Quite a difficult boss without the right champs.

Yeah, there are a few good champs. I found Magik the best to use though. Using her L3 with all the buffs up does a good amount of damage. Takes away half his health pretty much in 1 L3.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Savio444 wrote: »

Yeah, there are a few good champs. I found Magik the best to use though. Using her L3 with all the buffs up does a good amount of damage. Takes away half his health pretty much in 1 L3.

I've been trying all sorts of champs on Red Skull and the Adaptoid, and I'm beginning to settle on Magik as the go-to for both as well. A 5/50 can bring down uncollected Red Skull in less than a hundred hits with good use of SP3, and I'm going to be seeing if I can bypass a good chunk of unblockable from the Adaptoid with SP3 next.
  • Options
    TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Medusa makes this fight the easiest it will get (she's an even better choice than Ronan IMO). Just apply armor shatter in the beginning and only use your SP3 thereafter to maintain armor shatter. Adaptoid gets 0 energy/regen/buffs for the rest of the fight. You just have to combo, parry, combo your way to victory.

Not sure why you threw the SP2 in there and kept losing the armor shatter. Just seems like you are opening yourself up to the unnecessary chance of losing. I was reaching my SP3 with plenty of time left on the current armor shatter.
  • Options
    Raganator wrote: »

Love the username.

Fear and loathing
  • Options
    @RaoulDuke420 It's not that hard, would you be interested in a intercepting video?

I’ve been arched quite a few I good with dash intercepts but that hitting block and dash back intercept always ends up failing.
  • Options
    Medusa makes this fight the easiest it will get (she's an even better choice than Ronan IMO). Just apply armor shatter in the beginning and only use your SP3 thereafter to maintain armor shatter. Adaptoid gets 0 energy/regen/buffs for the rest of the fight. You just have to combo, parry, combo your way to victory.

Not sure why you threw the SP2 in there and kept losing the armor shatter. Just seems like you are opening yourself up to the unnecessary chance of losing. I was reaching my SP3 with plenty of time left on the current armor shatter.

I understand what you're saying about the L3 & it would be easier to just spam the L3, but I was enjoying using the L2 & inflicting a lot of damage with it & then reapplying the armor shatter with either an L1 or medium attacks.
  • Options

I’ve been arched quite a few I good with dash intercepts but that hitting block and dash back intercept always ends up failing.

works pretty well for me. Maybe you're holding block too long?
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Here’s one with a 3* Ronan
    bisb9nqa38i6.png
  • Options
    ThatsausageThatsausage Posts: 214
    edited August 2018
    Used 3* Ronan and wrekt without dying.
  • Options
    Used 3* Ronan and wrekt without dying.

Do you have a video of it? I'd love to see it!
  • Options
    Here’s one with a 3* Ronan
    bisb9nqa38i6.png

Do you have a video of it?! I'd love to see it!
  • Options
    3* Ronan finally got me past it. Had to wait till Friday for an upgrade. Thanks guys
  • Options
    crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    I'm terrible at intercepting. I've relied on parry so much, I'm having trouble breaking the habit of using it so much
  • Options
    I'm terrible at intercepting. I've relied on parry so much, I'm having trouble breaking the habit of using it so much

You should start intercepting more in arena fights & then slowly start to implement that into event quests, war, & AQ