Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

5*s in arena

Kabam,
If you aren't going to fix the algorithm for matchups in arenas where you can use 5*s, please reduce the resource requirements for taking a r1/25 5* to r2. It is becoming impossible to use your r1/25 5*s anymore as the death match pops up 30 or more fights in. It's maddening.

Comments

• Options
    DragonfeiDragonfei Posts: 260 ★★
    Two quick fixes to avoid that issue (the death matches) that have worked consistently for me -
    1. Use a 2/35 in combination with two of your 1/25's. Will always prevent a death match.
    2. Use a 4/40 in combination with two of your 1/25's. Will always prevent a death match.

This is just the nature of the algorithm changing due to more 5/65's being added. It was bound to happen, and many have also seen this happen with their lower PI 3/30's, and the solution is the same for them.

How you reach/hold infinite streak only needs to be minorly adjusted, so it should not be a problem to maintain. It also doesn't slow you down at all (considering I had no trouble getting Red Skull as a 4*), it's just a mental reminder needed that when you hit your 1/25's, start using 4/40's with them.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I've been taking up one 5* to 2/35 when I have alphas in stash. Like @Aria_Lerendeair said, it you use one R2 with your 1/25s it's fine.
  • Options
    nh4clnh4cl Posts: 122
    That's the kicker, I am fine with ranking up my r1s to mitigate the death match issue. However, 5 alphas for each one is a bit too much. I will be constantly ranking r1s and not taking up higher champs.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Sure, but you don't have to rank them all to 2/35. Just rank enough that you don't have to use a full team of 1/25s. Or you can throw in a 4* champ if you are so inclined. I don't run enough arena to bother with 4*s unless I'm grinding for units/battlechips, in which case I'll use 5/50s in the basic arena for some milestones.
  • Options
    nh4clnh4cl Posts: 122
    Thanks for the input. I will adjust as much as I can.