**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summoner Appreciation Week Discussion

Comments

• RodsteinRodstein Posts: 207
    edited August 2018
    Here is the reddit with the calculations that where made based on solid info https://www.reddit.com/comments/96adgy initially provided by @RandomlyGenerated also so maybe we get an answer @Kabam Lyra are the rewards of the halls of healing the usual ones?

Ps the person who made the list knew it was too much for compensation, i see that at least can be used as a measuring of how out of touch or not what they give is.
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    New Doug and I are starting a revolution. Cookies and juice will be available. Also available will be a plausible solution to this problem with a strong history of success. I’ve pushed it on recruiting chats before with some success but never here. It seems inappropriate in that I’d get the almighty ban. I’m BirdReynolds on Line and in game obviously. Look me up. This has worked before (drop rates) and it can and will work again.
    @khehmist @DarthPhal @DrZola you three in particular strike me as game.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    Rodstein wrote: »
    Here is the reddit with the calculations that where made based on solid info https://www.reddit.com/comments/96adgy initially provided by @RandomlyGenerated also so maybe we get an answer @Kabam Lyra are the rewards of the halls of healing the usual ones?

That list is entirely unreasonable to expect to hand out to everyone.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    Namelez wrote: »

It may be unreasonable but it's not free stuff Miike said compensation isn't about free stuff it's about making up for what we lost... That's what we lost...

If you're not playing, how are you losing it? It's not easy to gauge. They can't calculate what people might have earned.
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★

It may be unreasonable but it's not free stuff Miike said compensation isn't about free stuff it's about making up for what we lost... That's what we lost...

If you're not playing, how are you losing it? It's not easy to gauge. They can't calculate what people might have earned.

Good point then they should base it off different areas OBVIOUSLY someone who isn't Uncollected shouldn't get Uncollected rewards... Prestige is also another good way imo
  • RodsteinRodstein Posts: 207
    @Namelez dont pay attention to other's, tell me what is your take on the provided link
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    @Namelez dont pay attention to other's, tell me what is your take on the provided link

Well I think whoever tried to do a certain difficulty they should get the 100% rewards from it... If I done any arena I want the milestones from said arena... If I tried Heroic Master and Uncollected I want those rewards same for Micro Realms 🙂
  • LegendJRGLegendJRG Posts: 39
    edited August 2018

I routinely hit 1-10% in 5* arena and try for either ranked rewards or 1-10% in the others as well. Due to overheating I lost a ton of battlechips and everything else that comes along with doing those. As that is probably where players were impacted most by the issues, arena, the compensation doesn’t even begin to address it. I’m sure their internal data could easily cover overall decrease in scores across all arenas, and divide the difference pre and post overheating equally to all players. Is this completely fair to someone like me who grinds and someone who doesn’t? No it isn’t but I didn’t get anything for the time lost so it would be better than nothing. You’re being completely disingenuous saying they can’t calculate what people normally or might have earned.
  • NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 ★★★
    At this point we still don't have a solid confirmation from moderators that THIS is the only compensation for the overheating problem month.

Regarding compensations there is one simple solution and it's based on the activity from the previous month - previous to overheating. I don't feel like having one linear compensation towards all the players would be fair. You cannot give to the player with level 4 the same amount of shards that you give to a level 60.
    You can sum up every potion, every gold, every battle chip, every crystal that was WON (not purchased) during the previous month and send those as a compensation. This way the players that worked more will receive more and those who worked less will receive less.
  • NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 ★★★
    Fives wrote: »
    If there were more compensation than this, why wouldn’t they say so? Even just a “this isn’t all” would do. They’re just waiting things out.
    Maybe they’ll post on Monday with a “we’ve heard your complaints, summoners” and boost the rewards just a little to try to satisfy us once we’ve cooled off, but if they were giving us enough to actually compensate they’d have said so right away.
    Also, no, it’s not like they haven’t seen all this outrage. Seen multiple mods posting on other threads, just never anything related to compensation. It’s laughable that they act like we can’t tell they’re ignoring us. Not that I blame the mods, to be clear. But it just looks awful not matter how you angle it.

As many already mentioned before mods cannot decide.
    They simply inform us on what we need to be informed and not engage in things that are very delicate.
    In many ways mods are just like forum users... actually no. They cannot express their own personal position but Kabam's. So they are even more "censured" than we are. :)
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Anyone expecting anything remotely towards the missed arenas in terms of 1-10% rewards needs to check in to a mental ward somewhere.
    If anything, a percentage could be taken from milestone rewards.
    There is no way they will go and calculate what each individual’s average arena score has been prior to the issues, then map that to the timeline of issues and say ‘let’s just hand him all this in a platter and be done’.

Anyone going by that list needs a reality check. A hard one.
    While I do appreciate this upcoming week, I understand entirely that it holds little for anyone that is way past act 4. Ikm way past it on both accounts. But sitting here claiming it’s shite for everyone doesn’t make any sense. So many players are nowhere near end game content yet. They will have more than good benefits from this. I honestly wish I knew the percentage of players that will benefit from this. Which basically, it seems, comes to every player not on the forums.

Backlash is something they were well aware of happening, otherwise Miike wouldn’t have pre-emptively said not to expect certain things. That was damage control before the damage. But they need to do this. Look at the toxicity and hostility thrown at them.
    Doesn’t mean I agree with the ****-slap I was given for saying that they would be busy this weekend (thanks again Lyra..), but I definitely get why they won’t respond to anyone just throwing excrement in here. There is nothing to be gained from it.

I’m not getting everything I missed out on. So what? It’s summer, I’ve done summer things when it got bad enough to play less. Traded one thing for another. I’m not ask compensation for time well spent.

Again, anyone going by that list expecting anything remotely close to it... call a doctor and have yourself checked.
    As for those crying wolf because they’re paying customers.. You could also decide that spending money is something you could just stop doing. It doesn’t entitle you to anything.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    Why cant act 5 cost one energy per tile
    That would have been much preferable
  • RafikiiRafikii Posts: 239
    edited August 2018
    this whole issue has become sad... i can honestly only hope half the community quits on this dumpster fire of a company
  • Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★
    I think the game team is finally off their rockers.
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 ★★
    When you go to a restaurant and they serve you a meal that is not cooked to your order or was just a horrible meal for you the manager of a good restaurant will bring you the order Cooked properly or offer a substitute meal with a discount of some type if not removing the charge for the meal altogether. A good restaurant will always go over and above to ensure you leave with if not a positive experience at least feeling desired and valued for giving them a try and with a reason to return and give them another chance.

Why do they do this? It's because they know that if a customer goes away with a bad taste in their mouth they are not only less likely to return but are also highly likely to tell their friends to avoid that place. But even if they lose money on that visit from that customer by giving them more than is necessary, it increases the chances they make a return visit. Not only will they return but they will come back with friends and with good will for that restaurant because they know that they matter.

What this is to me is the equivalent of taking 3 bites from a meal before returning it due to it's inedibility and the manager returning with the exact same meal cooked slightly better but with 3 bites taken out of it.

This inspires no loyaty of patronage. It gives no reason to believe ones concerns are listened to or understood. It breeds no Goodwill from the loyal customers who have stuck through the last year of bug after bug costing them more and more of their time or money when the game wasn't down due to server error or crashing during a crystal opening or right before an aw/aq fight.

This literally kills the giddiness I used to feel when I thought about the next offer coming out on fridays. I remember I would set aside $30 a week just to spend on this game and often I would spend more. I would sit excited literally watching the clock for it to strike 1 p.m. just to see the offer and decide if it's units this week or a crystal package or catalyst offer. That giddy anxiety has fled and this only goes to chase it away.
  • BenLucasBenLucas Posts: 69
    Please appreciate this: GOLD REALMS
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Revolution, but like after the t2a in the login. And then, like as long as there aren’t any banging deals. But eventually, revolution!
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    DarthPhal wrote: »
    Revolution, but like after the t2a in the login. And then, like as long as there aren’t any banging deals. But eventually, revolution!

Easy solution... don't spend. If you aren't willing to spend then no money offers will tempt you.
This discussion has been closed.