**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How effective should Domino be against Tech champions? Seriously?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    djr17 wrote: »
    SMH....It lasts the entire fight. Yes, it could be worded more clearly, but a quick read through any description should show that clarity is not one of Kabam's strong-suits. As for multiple fails, that's all rng.

Then that literally makes Vision one of the worst characters to use against Domino, because of his lack of DPS. There might not be many better options because of her design, but you can't take the character down with zero damage dealt on specials that connect but do no other damage besides what comes from Power Burn
  • Options
    djr17djr17 Posts: 651 ★★★
    SMH....It lasts the entire fight. Yes, it could be worded more clearly, but a quick read through any description should show that clarity is not one of Kabam's strong-suits. As for multiple fails, that's all rng.

“You shouldn’t be confused about this ability, because kabam are confusing with other abilities” is not a good defence of why @ESF shouldn’t be questioning how domino works.

“At the start of the fight” implies it doesn’t continue after the start. If I said “at the start of the fight, this champion loses 10% of their health” does that mean they permanently lose 10% of their health? No it means a one time thing.

If kabam meant the 15% AAR was through the whole fight, they should have said that. Not waited for us to work it out.

I am not defending Domino's confusing abilities. I still have issues with her (I mean seriously, how does something have a 0% chance to proc still be considered a failure?).

For the start of the fight, that's why I pointed out IRF, which lasts the entire fight. Alternatively, I could have used BW, which implies that her aar builds throughout the fight, which I'm pretty sure it doesn't.
    ESF wrote: »

Then that literally makes Vision one of the worst characters to use against Domino, because of his lack of DPS. There might not be many better options because of her design, but you can't take the character down with zero damage dealt on specials that connect but do no other damage besides what comes from Power Burn

Unless you continually get screwed by rng, he should be burning more often than not.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★

It doesn't. He still has a high chance to apply power burn. He has class advantage and don't suffer unlucky. And he also avoids Domino from getting power which is what triggers her lucky ability
  • Options

“You shouldn’t be confused about this ability, because kabam are confusing with other abilities” is not a good defence of why @ESF shouldn’t be questioning how domino works.

“At the start of the fight” implies it doesn’t continue after the start. If I said “at the start of the fight, this champion loses 10% of their health” does that mean they permanently lose 10% of their health? No it means a one time thing.

If kabam meant the 15% AAR was through the whole fight, they should have said that. Not waited for us to work it out.

I am not defending Domino's confusing abilities. I still have issues with her (I mean seriously, how does something have a 0% chance to proc still be considered a failure?).

For the start of the fight, that's why I pointed out IRF, which lasts the entire fight. Alternatively, I could have used BW, which implies that her aar builds throughout the fight, which I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

Unless you continually get screwed by rng, he should be burning more often than not.

You'd think that, but it doesn't work out that way -- you take critical failure damage, chip damage, damage after a block break or two. You play offense and hit her, but aren't able to reliably drain power AND deal no other damage on your own specials. Combine that with Vision's low DPS to begin with and it winds up being a ridiculous fight

• Options
    edited August 2018

It doesn't. He still has a high chance to apply power burn. He has class advantage and don't suffer unlucky. And he also avoids Domino from getting power which is what triggers her lucky ability

Nope. Sounds good in theory, but in reality, it doesn't work like that. It's why I posted to begin with, after both Vision and Iron Man (IW)'s specials failed on multiple occasions -- not repeatedly, but enough to not be reliable or effective. My Cap (IW) was far more effective in both fights because of DPS

• Options
    edited August 2018
    For example: No, you don't want to bleed Domino. Of course not. We all know that.

But if you fired off Cap (IW)'s L1 -- if not evaded -- then you still get whatever damage is inflicted. I have a 4/55 Cap, so yeah, the damage is there.

Vision, if not evaded but the Power Burn fails, does zero damage. None. Iron Man (IW) does some damage on the L1, but the real benefit is from the shock/power control, so if that fails, it's not an offset for all the other failures that Domino is inflicting

And remember: Vision's damage on Power Burn is really low to begin with. If it's not reliable, then there's really no point
  • Options
    XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    A bit confused on how 85% is unreliable, but yeah, domino is a tricky character, but her sig gets less powerful the more times it procs. So someone like star lord is good, because of the constant failures, once at the end of a five hit combo, he’s taking damage, yes, but not much. Star Lord is MVP for domino IMO
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    TheKiryu wrote: »
    Cause blade and Corvus glaive shape the mcoc multiverse....

And sentry basically deals with street level thugs

IM DYING RN LOL TOOOOO FUNNY
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Just gonna leave this here

https://youtu.be/-T8jnTSSmiA
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    domino shuts down tech champs as if they isn't any class disadvantage my ultron doesn't proc anything no armor ups or his regens nothing lol. whats the point of class disadvantage lol
  • Options
    pigupompompigupompom Posts: 110
    still break block. Kabam didn’t intend to fix it. just live with it or find alternative to fight her.
  • Options
    Patchie93 wrote: »

You know what amuses me most when people post stuff like this? That it's relevant because it supports their point of view, whether some random guy on the internet could replicate what I saw with my own two eyes.

So. Let me ask you this. Tell the truth.

Did your phone overheat after 19.0?

Simple, yes or no question.

Because guess what? Some people's phones overheated. Some didn't. For whatever reason -- device, operating system, whatever.

Does that mean it didn't happen if it didn't happen to you? Or if it did happen to you and it didn't happen for 100 other people on the internet, that what happened to you that you physically saw and felt with your own eyes and hands didn't happen?

Think about that, the next time you post some random guy on the internet telling you what happened to his experience with your issue

• Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    but he said this,
    she said this,
    he said this,

it is all irrelevant.
    i do not know if this is a real issue or not. but if you want it to actually be taken seriously. do what dorky dave has suggested. record your fights including you fingers. and then we can break it down and see exactly what is happening, when it is happeneing, why it is happening.

that way it can actually be studied and determined if it is user error,
    if it is not user error then people and kabam will actually be able to see what is happeneing and whn it is happening.

i suspect that given the timing needs to be so perfect to dex a move like hers it has something to do with input lag and that would explain whyt it seem to affect some people and not others.
  • Options
    dtapedtape Posts: 35
    Patchie93 wrote: »

You know what amuses me most when people post stuff like this? That it's relevant because it supports their point of view, whether some random guy on the internet could replicate what I saw with my own two eyes.

So. Let me ask you this. Tell the truth.

Did your phone overheat after 19.0?

Simple, yes or no question.

Because guess what? Some people's phones overheated. Some didn't. For whatever reason -- device, operating system, whatever.

Does that mean it didn't happen if it didn't happen to you? Or if it did happen to you and it didn't happen for 100 other people on the internet, that what happened to you that you physically saw and felt with your own eyes and hands didn't happen?

Think about that, the next time you post some random guy on the internet telling you what happened to his experience with your issue

I've also ever post this video at somewhere else. I don't know what @Patchie93 wanted to say. However in my opinion, this video did definitely not prove there is no block break, but there was no block break at least as he operated his device. I've not seen any other video which records player's finger staying stationary on a screen and experiencing block break. Maybe you can provide one then you, people or me can send a ticket to Kabam with a convincible resource. And people can quote your resource next time while talking about block break. Cheers.
  • Options
    supergokusupergoku Posts: 41
    she is lucky
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Minor character in the marvel universe?

What about another powerful champ named gwenpool

Ummm GP is actually probably the most powerful entity in the marvel multiverse because she can literally jump into the space between the panels. In one timeline she grows up to be a dimension hopping everyone slayer. Definitely powerful enough
  • Options
    Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
    I love Domino! She's super fun to play. I use her vs every class of champion with no worries.

I do agree she should should have less abilities vs tech though.

All tech gain as an advantage is that they never get "unlucky" that doesn't mean they always get "lucky" though. They 90% of the time just get nothing. While Domino still gets lucky.

Her critical failure is the issue with her vs a tach champ. You could have a perfect fight vs her and still lose tons of health or get KO'd due to critical failure.

I think it'd be fair to make tech champs immune to her critical failure. Or have it only proc when her AARA actually blocks an ability of their from activating. Like if Stark Spidey was going to evade and his evade fails due to her AAR he then gets critical failure. Then just when evade fails due to true strike, there can be a text pop up that says "ability failed" or whatever, and we see we got critical failure for that.

Just my opinion.