**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Brag post more for my self enjoyment

2»

Comments

• Archangel442Archangel442 Posts: 158
    So much negativity for a simple brag thread... jeez...

I’ve seen a lot of “he’s easily countered”, so who would you rank for defense instead?
  • JamesMJamesM Posts: 133
    Preventing someone from making a bad long term decision isn't negativity. If anything encouraging someone to do something that will stifle their progression is the real issue. It is a bad idea ranking a champ that has no offensive use and is only a mediocre defender at best. In lower tiers he may still get the occasional kills but above gold tier he just doesn't get kills even against opponents that aren't counters. T2a is still a valuable item, don't waste them or encourage someone else to waste them. Unless you have expiring T2A don't do it. Defenders have a short shelf life and Spidey already is past expiration date.
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    OG spidey is also super fun on offense
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    So basically you're saying Spider-Man shouldn't be ranked up because someone can counter him. I should rank someone else up for another champion to counter. Makes sense.

I'd be the last person to tell you not to rank him if you like him. But if you are ranking him primarily for defense I think he's only a decent defender at this point. Certainly not bad. But you may wish you had made a different choice in the not too distant future. He hits hard but personally I don't like using auto evade champs on offense. Cheers.
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Bro useless use of T2A

Meh. Not in my opinion. Even if it is, I can make use of him.

Lmao. He is trash. I even killed OG Spidy in LOL with my SL. Dont rank anyone unless God tier. That spidy OG is not even in good tier.

I wouldn't say that. My 3/45 SpiderMan Classic on unblockable sp1 gets around 4 kills a war soooo.... Tier 10...
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    nm95qw89ru4e.png
    This guy is gonna be amazing on defense! He already wrecks people like crazy, now he's going to be rank 4!

He'll be a god tier defender again once "Force of Will" comes to Alliance War
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited August 2018
    teekq wrote: »
    It should be his decision not his alliance! It’s a waste of t2 just for defense

I have based all my r4 5* ranks around my alliance for defense. Only 1 of my 4 r4 5*’s I use outside of War. The other 3 see no use when war isn’t going on. Some of us like being the players who make decisions to better their alliance/friends rather than focusing solely on themselves.

This is illogical. You are presuming for some arbitrary reason (to the point of self-righteousness) that ranking up defenders is more beneficial to your alliance. You get far more points for kills, attack bonuses, and clears than defender kills don’t you? Doesn’t it stand to reason that perhaps your alliance would benefit a great deal more from you having a very strong attack team?

There’s certainly a discussion to be had as far as strategy is concerned.

We should, at the very least, not label strong attack teams inherently selfish.
  • JamesMJamesM Posts: 133
    Well said kinky
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    I wouldn't if I was you
  • King363672King363672 Posts: 403 ★★★
    Why getting catalyst is tough and upgrading them is so expensive ?
    It's been a month I am waiting to rank 5 my 4 * magik and still there is no hope to upgrade it
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    Stop listening to the haters. Sadly there is a percentage of the summoners that will only rank up a few "worthy" champs and they try to push this mentality on everyone. Its a game rank up whoever you feel like. I always did who i wanted. Who i enjoyed playing with and im competing up there with everyone else.

Yeah well that’s the problem with ranking a champ solely for defense. You don’t get to “play” with the champ. There’s no enjoyment. You just set and forget.
  • Captain_KandiceCaptain_Kandice Posts: 222 ★★
    Not everyone on the forums is in a top rated alliance nor is every alliance trying to build to be one. So OP, I guess decide how long you expect Spidey to be useful. If it’s for the foreseeable future I’d say it’s not a bad decision to take him to R4. I don’t know what tier your alliance is in, but the one I’m in we are tier 5/6 (Gold 1). We see a Spidey on node 51 almost every AW. So he must be getting KO’s if people are still using him there.

Given Kabam’s history, any of the best defenders right now could have the rug pulled out from under them at any time and no longer be the best (RIP Defense Magik).