**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I used to think we need stronger AW Defenders released. I was wrong..

Anyone excited about Korg coming to the contest, go ahead and duel him. See just how “fun and interactive” he is.

z2qxgp2tcw6l.jpeg

I predict more people will leave this game because of these OP AW defenders than ever before. It’s already hard enough to keep people motivated in a Gold 1 Alliance in season 3.

Comments

• klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,423 ★★★★
    Went down fairly easily to:
    4/55 x23
    5/50 imiw sig 80
    3/45 dorm

Just stick to light attacks and energy hits
    ChuckRyan wrote: »
    If I’m testing what a enemy will be like in alliance war defense, I never use anything higher than 4* 3/30. Alliance War will boost their stats. It’s not a true equivalent to bring your best attackers.

3/45 dorm is not high on anyone's list of attackers, he just has energy attacks and power control and is the poster child for ways to beat korg, which is what the point was conceptually, before node shenanigans.
  • Bruce12342Bruce12342 Posts: 237
    JamesM wrote: »
    You guys are mentioning a bunch of champs that won't be useful for many foights or nodes. With how war is you have to have specific immunities or champs to counter other difficult defenders. If they keep releasing defenders like korg, you will need a team more than 3 just to be able have a counter for every champ. Those talking about counters needs to face this champ in war before down playing how difficult he is.

I think that’s the point. Kabam has mentioned that they don’t want us to fully explore the maps... and currently my ally and every ally we face is still 100%ing everything... I assume that is their intention. It’ll be interesting to see how this ends up.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,135 ★★★★★
    Not thah bad he sp1 is a bit hard to nail Down
  • JamesMJamesM Posts: 133
    I agree that people need to get away with just one attack team, to some extent. However is it the expectation to rank up a champ every month to counter a new defender. That is what jabam wants, entice people to get the next great defender which forces people to get the next great counter to said defender.
    Just so your opinion has any validity, explain which node, what map difficulty you faced Korg in war and what rank he was. A duel is not a good comparison.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Bruce12342 wrote: »
    You guys are mentioning a bunch of champs that won't be useful for many foights or nodes. With how war is you have to have specific immunities or champs to counter other difficult defenders. If they keep releasing defenders like korg, you will need a team more than 3 just to be able have a counter for every champ. Those talking about counters needs to face this champ in war before down playing how difficult he is.

I think that’s the point. Kabam has mentioned that they don’t want us to fully explore the maps... and currently my ally and every ally we face is still 100%ing everything... I assume that is their intention. It’ll be interesting to see how this ends up.

Yes once upon a time it was normal not to be able to 100% the map but there is too much on the line now no matter how hard the maps become they will always be 100% or else the community will call it money grab which it would be. When we cant 100% that means it’s now item war and all 30/30 memeber with have 0/15 items to use by the end idk about you but doesn’t sound fun to me
    edited August 2018
    It used to be they gave plenty of time between good defenders but it seems every other champ released is a great defender that forces you to change the way you play. I guess kabaam expects us to constant train to learn these new defenders.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Gamer wrote: »
    Not thah bad he sp1 is a bit hard to nail Down

Huge props to DarkZodiacINC for his tutorial on how to evade Korg's special attacks:

https://youtu.be/7KiVJnYLl94

Only if he's hidden. If he's planted as a boss/ miniboss, I'll just pick the path with more mystics and swap GR out with Dorm - problem solved.
  • Atticus9090Atticus9090 Posts: 521 ★★
    Thanks for this. Planning to fight him later today and see how he does.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,754 ★★★★★
    I guess it's time for some good attackers now. If mutants are indeed next months champs then havok would fit the bill to counter korg because of energy attacks
  • Nerfed2DefNerfed2Def Posts: 292 ★★
    Cash crab. Your limited to what attacks you can use and attacks are unevadable. The end is near. We are in the end game now. Basic game function is degenerating. BS unavoidable damage. This is sorry. I mean really sorry.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    I highly doubt people are going to quit over strong Defenders. Not many, anyway. People love a challenge too much for that. The game has to introduce new and stronger Champs to evolve. The alternative is the same, old Fights.
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Anyone remember the comment about Cyclops and his effectiveness?
    Korg.. more energy damage taken..
    Cyclops... energy beams shooting out of his skull..
  • Vinitlalka1988Vinitlalka1988 Posts: 269
    I dont understand why everyone is concentrating on energy damage here...You use dexterity and he goes unblockable unstoppable for decent period.......Can potentially corner you...Or if he is at SP1..he goes completely unblockable...If you try to dex that he goes unblockable unstoppable again....

I dont care about thorns...Just tell me how i manage his unstoppables & unblockables that are constantly trigerring...Even if i try to bait...and i will be happy enough...
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Oh right...
    I forgot this was a rant thread, so light hearted comments are frowned upon..

Carry on.
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    I don’t think he’s gonna be that bad. We just put a 4* 5/50 duped korg in wat and guess what no kills. So let’s just wait and see before we complain
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    I dueled him. Went down quickly with my 5/65 Blade.

To be fair, you'd be hard pressed to find a duel that doesn't drop quickly to a 5/65 Blade...or any 5/65 champ for that matter. But that doesn't really give you a feel for how a champ will be when they're noded up in war. For that, you should probably be dueling 4/55's and 5/65's with your 3 star roster to simulate the disparity.
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    I dueled him. Went down quickly with my 5/65 Blade.

To be fair, you'd be hard pressed to find a duel that doesn't drop quickly to a 5/65 Blade...or any 5/65 champ for that matter. But that doesn't really give you a feel for how a champ will be when they're noded up in war. For that, you should probably be dueling 4/55's and 5/65's with your 3 star roster to simulate the disparity.

Totally agree.
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Dueling isn't the same as the war nodes these champs will be on.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Animejay70 wrote: »
    Dueling isn't the same as the war nodes these champs will be on.

Dueling is how you learn to counter the champ’s basic move set.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★

I dont care about thorns...Just tell me how i manage his unstoppables & unblockables that are constantly trigerring...Even if i try to bait...and i will be happy enough...

LLLL, back up, intercept with LLLL, back up, use special attacks when rock armor is shattered, rinse and repeat