**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Infinity War Iron Man, are his Armor stacks considered buffs?

I'm confused here. This has been bothering me for awhile now. His Molecular Armor is Passive. Ok. Now, it being passive, does that mean it is not considered buff?? It stacks passively? Reason I ask is, Mephisto. His Soul Imprisonment prevents any champs from activating Buffs while active. Now, Juggernaut's Unstoppable is ALSO listed under passive, yet can be shut down with Soul Imprisonment. So, why I ask does Infinity War Iron Man's Molecular Armor remain unaffected by Soul Imprisonment?? He starts the fight with one stack even though Soul Imprisonment is active. Continues to gain stacks while under Soul Imprisonment. This makes 0 sense if you ask me. If he can stop passive Buffs on one champ, he should be able to do it to all champs. A buff is a buff. Unless someone can provide me with a logical explanation as to why this shouldn't work against IW Iron Man, this is a glitch that needs fixing. @Kabam Miike @Ad0ra_ Any insight on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Greifmaster911Greifmaster911 Posts: 316 ★★
    Not sure about juggs unstoppable being passive, but iron mans armor is just passive, it isnt a buff
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    IW IM has passive armor's and not buffs.
    Juggernaut unstoppable is a buff. It doesn't say in his abilities that it is a passive thing. The only thing it says is that it triggers passively at the beginning of the fight. The othef unstoppable buffs are triggered offensively after using a special attack.

So yeh ... Mephisto works against buffs, and that's why it prevents unstoppable buffs from juggernaut. He will not work against IW IM
    It makes all sense ...
    Passive armors or passive abilities exist since the beginning of the game. It's nothing new really, so just move on.
    Armor break itself shouldn't break an armor up passive. Yet they do against IW IM because that's how his ability work (read his abilities for more info).
    Armor shattered same thing. It does stop the enemy from triggering armor up buffs. Doesn't say anything about armor passives (which exist in the game before the introduction of IW IM), so this is nothing new too.
    Juggernaut gets an ustopable buff at the beginning of the fight. Again, is a buff, not a passive.
    To understand correctly how some abilities work, you sometimes must fight against those champions.
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    It makes all sense ...
    Passive armors or passive abilities exist since the beginning of the game. It's nothing new really, so just move on.
    Armor break itself shouldn't break an armor up passive. Yet they do against IW IM because that's how his ability work (read his abilities for more info).
    Armor shattered same thing. It does stop the enemy from triggering armor up buffs. Doesn't say anything about armor passives (which exist in the game before the introduction of IW IM), so this is nothing new too.
    Juggernaut gets an ustopable buff at the beginning of the fight. Again, is a buff, not a passive.
    To understand correctly how some abilities work, you sometimes must fight against those champions.

Ok so if juggs first unstoppable is passive and mephisto stops that with soul imprisonment then op has a good question about imiw. Mephisto should be able to stop his passive armor if he can stop jugs passive unstoppable
    9zumchnmj3is.png

Pretty sure that says passive
  • Greifmaster911Greifmaster911 Posts: 316 ★★
    edited August 2018
    And by passive, it means its going to happen, he starts the fight with increased armor rating and unstoppable, it may say passive for that ability, but it never says passive unstoppable, based on your thoughts on juggs 'passive' unstoppable, if its passive then capiw cant nullify it but yet he still does, so its not passive
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Juggs has an active buff that gets triggered passively once.
    After that, an action is needed (special) to actively trigger it.
    The buff in and of itself is not passive. Ever. Not on him.
    You are missing the whole point if the very first unstoppable is passive and soul imprisonment stops it how come it doesn’t stop other passive buffs like imiw armor
    And by passive, it means its going to happen, he starts the fight with increased armor rating and unstoppable, it may say passive for that ability, but it never says passive unstoppable, based on your thoughts on juggs 'passive' unstoppable, if its passive then capiw cant nullify it but yet he still does, so its not passive

Then it should not be labeled passive it should say something like has 100% chance to go unstoppable at start of fight but it doesn’t say that it clearly states passive
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    DL864 wrote: »
    You are missing the whole point if the very first unstoppable is passive and soul imprisonment stops it how come it doesn’t stop other passive buffs like imiw armor

No you are missing the point...
    It is TRIGGERED passively, because a special isn't needed. Since it is an active buff, soul imprisonment will cancel it flat out.
    The buff itself is NOT passive.
    Once you do a special, it triggers actively (unless soul imprisonment is active).
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    DL864 wrote: »

Then it should not be labeled passive it should say something like has 100% chance to go unstoppable at start of fight but it doesn’t say that it clearly states passive

No it’s a buff just triggered passively otherwise stuff like archangels stun would be passice etc
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    It is a passive trigger as in AAR won’t stop it. The passive ability triggers an active buff. Argue all you want, that’s how it is. No amount of complaining will change that.
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    It makes all sense ...

Either you didn't play at the start or you don't remember.

There wasn't any passive buffs at beginning of the game. All buffs could be countered or nullified. Passive abilities yes, but not buffs.

As buffs can be so easily neutered with today's champs Kabam came up with passives. It's a very lazy idea and I don't like it. Something like Angela's sig ability is much better, as you can still use Ronan and Morningstar's SP2 for example.
    KoperBoy wrote: »
    It makes all sense ...

Either you didn't play at the start or you don't remember.

There wasn't any passive buffs at beginning of the game. All buffs could be countered or nullified. Passive abilities yes, but not buffs.

As buffs can be so easily neutered with today's champs Kabam came up with passives. It's a very lazy idea and I don't like it. Something like Angela's sig ability is much better, as you can still use Ronan and Morningstar's SP2 for example.

There are no passive buffs in the game. Those don't exist anywhere.
    Examples of passive armor? Well you have optimist and pessimist nodes, as well as other nodes. You also have rhino or juggernaut armor for example (which dont appear as an "effect" furing the battle due to not having any ability associated to).
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    if imiw armor wasn't passive, he'd go from being a good defender to complete trash and people would complain about how bad imiw is
  • _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 270 ★★
    edited August 2018
    Lol I'm also confused. Maybe someone can help me out here. So there are...
    (1)passive abilities that trigger passive buffs i.e Hyperion's Cosmic Charges converting to Power Gain,
    (2)specific triggers that grant passive abilities i.e Sym Spidey's specials granting Passive Evade and finally,
    (3)passive buffs that grant passive abilities i.e Medusa's Furies granting Autoblock

...all of which can be countered. And the only reason IMIW's armor does not apply to any of these is because they've left out the word 'buff' in his description? 😅
  • Lester2332Lester2332 Posts: 32
    Whats passive and whats not can be easily viewed when the buff triggers, a non passive buff will have a border around the buff whereas a passive does not.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    (3)passive buffs that grant passive abilities i.e Medusa's Furies granting Autoblock

Not to make things more confusing, but technically Medusa's furies are active buffs (can be nullified) that trigger passively (activate without a specific trigger) to grant an autoblock mechanic.
  • OK, moving on from the passive effect. Here's a NEW issue I found with it concerning Yondu. Now, Yondu's Yaka Arrow inflicts Bleed. When the champ is Bleed Immune (IWIM's molecular armor makes him Bleed Immune) the Yaka Arrow is supposed to cause Armor Break. As it is CLEARLY stated in IWIM's abilities, the only way to take down stacks of his Molecular Armor is with Armor Break. Problem is, the Yaka Arrow inflicts neither Bleed nor Armor Break against IWIM. So, what exactly am I missing now??

(Yes, I got busy and forgot to read the replies until now. The post is over a week old, I know)
  • Oh, and a small reminder, Magneto's Magnetism does effect how well IWIM's armor works. As Magnetism causes a 40% reduction in ability accuracy to all champs with the tag #metal. IWIM does have that tag. I tried Mags out in a duel against IWIM and it works quite well. Granted you're at a class disadvantage, but one must learn to pick their battles as it has been said. I would imagine other champs that use ability accuracy reduction would also work. I'm sure others have figured this out already, but it was on my mind as there was an IWIM that was a thorn in my Alliance's side in the last war we were in. Decided to go over all ways to pacify him. Plus if he's on the Arc Overload node (the number eludes me at the moment) Magneto has Heal Block. Double down on the control of the situation. Yes, you can also reverse the heal with Guilly, and do a myriad of other things. Unfortunately those that were close by didn't bring any champs that could control both situations (IWIM and Arc Overload.) Hindsight is always 20/20 after all. But that does bring me back to Yondu as he was #1 on my list to try in dual and it did not work out. Still very curious why that is as by the wording of all involved, it should.