**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Character Revamps

iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
edited July 2018 in Suggestions and Requests
1) Hulkbuster: Should have one of the highest base HP and attack stats. Bleed Immunity. Should have Unstoppable. His Armor has to be one of the best. Maybe Concussion as well?

2) Cyclops (New Xavier School): Why is he tagged a Villain instead of Hero? I get that he killed Xavier and whatnot, but he was under the control of the Phoenix Force, so it really wasn't his fault.

3) Both Cyclops: Should get a general rework (Any other ideas?). Direct Damage. Stun maybe? His other abilities should proc more often.

4) Collosus: Should have Fury. His armor should be amazing too. (Any other ideas?)

5) Captain/Ms Marvel (both): I don't have any specific ideas but if you guys do, please comment.

6) Carnage and Venom: Both should have SOME sort of Regeneration ability. (Any other ideas?)

7) Ant-man: He is such a badass, he should have some sort of Evade like the new Wasp does. (Any other ideas?)

8) Magneto: One of the most powerful characters in Marvel, needs a general rework. And I don't think he should be tagged a Villain, but not a hero either. Maybe nothing but the XMen tag? (Any ideas?)

Comments

• SundogSundog Posts: 20
    Why would hulkbuster be bleed immune tho?
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Hulkbuster:
    More effective Armor Break
    Self Repair at 20% HP
    Cyclops (both):
    True damage
    More frequent Armor Break
    Colossus:
    Higher damage output
    Stun and/or Armor BreK on special attacks
    Poison Immunity (I think somebody said that his blood turns metal as well, but I could be wrong)
    Kamalah Khan:
    Bleed Immune (stretchy skin bounces bullets away)
    More effective Fury
    More potent Fury
    Chance for ranged attacks to miss (by reconfiguring her body so that the projectiles don’t hit her)
    Carnage:
    More effective Power Gain from his sig
    More potent buffs
    Some way to regen (hold block to convert a buff into a regen maybe?)
    True Strike (he’s immune to Spider-Man’s Spidey Sense)
    And something similar for Venom
    Ant Man:
    More potent Poison
    If Ant Man places 4 Fatigue debuffs on his opponent and uses a special 1, he converts them into a passive Dizzy effect. Dizzy opponents’ atracks have 25% chance to miss (I know that that’s dumb but I had no other ideas)
    Magneto:
    This has been said before, but Magneto’s Magnetize effect should be similar to danger sense
    Metal projectiles have a 50% chance to miss
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Accidentally double posted. Sorry.
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    I think with the cyclops It’d be cool to see the beams implemented into the basic attacks, like yondu’s yaka arrow, and those basic beam hits have like % chance to armor break

Regarding collosus I think on his specials he should apply concussion, cause you’re being hit with a really Freaking heavy pair of legs

Antman, one of my guilty pleasure characters, his special 3 should apply at least an 80% concussion, and each hit of his sp1 should have a % chance for fatigue. I would change fatigue as well, it’s a 45% chance on light attacks, each one lasting 7 seconds, but you can refresh them for each new one you apply, so basically when you get to that sp2 you’re applying loads of poison, and against poison immunes, antman instead applies a petrify debuff 10% for each fatigue.

With venom and carnage: venom should only have fury/precision/cruelty buffs, armor and physical resist seems dumb, even on defense, fury helps more just for the blocked hits. And carnage should apply a permanent bleed, if he has all 5 of his buffs, on his sp3 and make those buffs instantly apply when he throws a special

And last but...certainly least Kamala Khan her sig ability should just be already on her furies, and make the signature ability something like, whenever she exceeds three fury stacks, they convert into a permanent fury and this can stack up to 5 (not including the sp3 fury)

Overall just raise the base stats of these guys and you’ve got decent champs with good potential
  • ShadowBlade075ShadowBlade075 Posts: 126
    Sundog wrote: »
    Why would hulkbuster be bleed immune tho?
    Because he has armour and if your in a suit you shouldn't be bleeding.
    And he should have regen from his sp3 and traps the oppent in the thing he trapped hulk in and hen gets that satleite to shoot a giant laser at them then they explode and get stunned
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Because he has armour and if your in a suit you shouldn't be bleeding.
    And he should have regen from his sp3 and traps the oppent in the thing he trapped hulk in and hen gets that satleite to shoot a giant laser at them then they explode and get stunned
    [/quote]

I think with that regen, itd be cool if like, when the opponent is stunned only, hulkbuster can dash back and hold block for a powerful self repair, and when the opponents not stunned gain 20% perfect block
  • WyldstyleWyldstyle Posts: 38
    1) Hulkbuster: Should have one of the highest base HP and attack stats. Bleed Immunity. Should have Unstoppable. His Armor has to be one of the best. Maybe Concussion as well?

2) Cyclops (New Xavier School): Why is he tagged a Villain instead of Hero? I get that he killed Xavier and whatnot, but he was under the control of the Phoenix Force, so it really wasn't his fault.

3) Both Cyclops: Should get a general rework (Any other ideas?). Direct Damage. Stun maybe? His other abilities should proc more often.

4) Collosus: Should have Fury. His armor should be amazing too. (Any other ideas?)

5) Captain/Ms Marvel (both): I don't have any specific ideas but if you guys do, please comment.

6) Carnage and Venom: Both should have SOME sort of Regeneration ability. (Any other ideas?)

7) Ant-man: He is such a badass, he should have some sort of Evade like the new Wasp does. (Any other ideas?)

8) Magneto: One of the most powerful characters in Marvel, needs a general rework. And I don't think he should be tagged a Villain, but not a hero either. Maybe nothing but the XMen tag? (Any ideas?)

I think it would be cool if Captain marvel had a way for her to go into Binary mode like she does in the comics. And maybe absorbing energy damage could make her reach that much faster.
  • CaseClosedPLKCaseClosedPLK Posts: 13
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM:

What a great discussion, honestly. All these new characters Kabam are adding are slightly boring and are just becoming a frequent thing. Kabam need to rework all the old champs so they fit in with the new ones, otherwise Blade and Stark will be META for EVA.

I love the idea of revamping characters, I think Kabam should setup a community page or whatever where people can sign up and offer ideas and (now listen closely) Kabam actually listen and implement.

Don’t get me wrong, I have been playing this game 2 months after it came out and have loved it since, but Kabam need to listen to their fan base. Otherwise it’s like a one sided relationship.

Hopefully Kabam listen, if not things will not change and Kabam will start to lose their fans.

Great ideas, I have a few... only if Kabam listen. All of the champs, bad or not should be better. Sentry for one, Magneto for a second, I’ll stop here...

How does Magneto like his bedroom?
    MagNeato (awful I know)
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Hey y’all mind if I drop this here?

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/79156/drax-revival-buff-epsilon#latest

Bit of a “revamp guy” myself trying to get my work out there. Just search titles with “Epsilon” in them. I got a few more out there and more on the way
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    Capt marvel and miss marvel are fine but kamala khan is the one that needs the buff
  • Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★
    Hulkbuster should have some sort of Overload regeneration plus extra tanky abilities. I mean he's basically an improvement of the original Iron Man suit, to withstand more damage and in that aspect, I think Hulkbuster should have a permanent passive armor that is seriously tanky, I'm talking something like "increases his armor rating by up to 3000" or something higher even as his duped ability and it increases by 1% for every 5% health lost (doesn't stack, just adds to the passive armor) And this armor should reduce crit rate and increase his physical resistance as well as reduce the effect (as in the damage) of fury based attacks (anytime the opponent has fury) by 50%. Basically as long as he has this armor, he should be able to cut fury effects by half, effectively still countering the Hulk. Of course such an insane armor has to be removed somehow right? 8 secs cool down from specials and heavy attacks.

What about offensively? Let's not forget the Hulkbuster armor also improves Stark's offensive capability as well as defense right? Improve his armor break, maybe something around 800 - 900 armor reduction and he should stack with special attacks, up to a maximum of about 5? Or 4? Nothing too fancy.

Give him a solid passive Fury effect against L champions like the Hulk, Red Hulk and Sentinels (especially the Hulk. This fury should have twice its effect on Hulk specifically, I mean it is literally in the name, "Hulkbuster"). I'm talking something like increases his attack rating by (60% of whatever his attack rating is)

That's what I think will improve Hulkbuster by a fair amount. He'll be viable for defense because the armor can only be removed for a short while and not just that, his base armor will suffice enough for the passive to be reactivated.

He'll be a solid offensive champion, because stack some armor breaks and he'll hit solidly at least. Nothing too fancy.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Epsilon3 wrote: »

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/79156/drax-revival-buff-epsilon#latest

Bit of a “revamp guy” myself trying to get my work out there. Just search titles with “Epsilon” in them. I got a few more out there and more on the way

Great idea.

Also got

9) Daredevil (Netflix): Should get a general rework as he is quite a bad champ. (Any ideas?)
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    With introduction of limber nodes the efficiency of stun-reliant champs has dropped significantly
    Plus the fact that most people in high tier get max rank in their limber mastery makes it even worse in AW
  • I think Iron Fist needs a rework. With the Evangeline Lilly challenge, there was a buff that allowed for rapidly stacking fury’s when charging the heavy. This seems like a perfect concept for Iton Fist. And make that Fist glow when he charges. Don’t necessarily remove the stacks if he sustains any damage. Maybe unstack for each tick of damage over time or damage from A blocked hit. Remove it all if he takes a direct hit. And maybe unstack quantities with each punch thrown. Say he charges up to 100 fury stack. Each successful hit landed will reduce the stack by 20. Just spitballing. And make that fist glow. 👊
    I think Iron Fist needs a rework. With the Evangeline Lilly challenge, there was a buff that allowed for rapidly stacking fury’s when charging the heavy. This seems like a perfect concept for Iton Fist. And make that Fist glow when he charges. Don’t necessarily remove the stacks if he sustains any damage. Maybe unstack for each tick of damage over time or damage from A blocked hit. Remove it all if he takes a direct hit. And maybe unstack quantities with each punch thrown. Say he charges up to 100 fury stack. Each successful hit landed will reduce the stack by 20. Just spitballing. And make that fist glow. 👊

Yes he does, you are right!
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

Me to! I'll check out your threads in a sec.

I got some of my own as well:

Me to! I'll check out your threads in a sec.

I got some of my own as well:

Oh damn I forgot about Juggs, Unst. Collosus, Rhino, Abomination xD thanks for these
    Thanos is a trophy champion, kabam wouldn't and shouldn't buff him just for the few that have him lol
    Thanos is a trophy champion, kabam wouldn't and shouldn't buff him just for the few that have him lol
    Well, I wish he wasn't a trophy champion, up to 3* should be released for us, the commoners.
    I forgot to comment on your ideas!
    1) He already has one of the highest health, armor score and attack rating. The problem: that's just that. He should be able to beef up his damage, maybe a new buff that can turn damage reduction into damage boost. Bleed immunity? Definitely, he's a Iron Man in an Iron Man suit. I don't know about Unstoppable, I wouldn't mind. Don't know what the point of Concussion is.

2) That is indeed plain silly.

3) Direct Damage sounds nice. Don't know about Stun though.
    4) It would be out of character to give Colossus Fury (he's a very gentle giant). Maybe the same DR-into-DB buff like Hulkbuster? Colossus has one of the best armor buffs in the game, why do you think otherwise?

5) No idea actually.

6) Besides all the ideas I've in my other thread, I think it would be nice if both Bloodlust sigs would give Health Theft when the opponent bleeds, either when using the Special Attacks.
    7) That would be a nice addition.

8) He could definitely can get a buff, like a chance to Glance projectile attacks. But he's definitely a villain.
    edited July 2018
    Got a new idea regarding Civil Warrior.

I have him as a 5*, but honestly he does need a rework. I think he should have Perfect Block (40%, let's say), and when Awakened including his other awakened abilities his perfect block chance should be increased no matter what (unlike OG Cap or Cap WW2 which rely on lost health and opponents having buffs, respectively). And this may sound crazy, but at max. sig he gets 60% extra Perfect Block chance, making it a 100% Perfect Block chance at max. sig.

I think he can be improved even more. It's Cap in an Iron Man suit for God's sake. Any other ideas?

I have him as a 5*, but honestly he does need a rework. I think he should have Perfect Block (40%, let's say), and when Awakened including his other awakened abilities his perfect block chance should be increased no matter what (unlike OG Cap or Cap WW2 which rely on lost health and opponents having buffs, respectively). And this may sound crazy, but at max. sig he gets 60% extra Perfect Block chance, making it a 100% Perfect Block chance at max. sig.

the 100% perfect block chance thing may be exploitable. for example a 5k attack rating opponent nearly at sp3, players could simply gain power from block being struck until they have sp2 or sp3 ready then launch it to power drain, all without taking any block damage.
    The only champion so far with 100% perfect block chance is sentry, and even for him the only way to maintain that 100% perfect block chance is not hitting the opponent.
    Plus i feel civil warrior(duped) is a good counter to the crazy block damage from masacre's sp2. I've only tested it out once in versus where i was using masacre and after the first hit of the sp2(blocked with damage 3k), civil warrior gained an armor up and the second hit was quite weak

the 100% perfect block chance thing may be exploitable. for example a 5k attack rating opponent nearly at sp3, players could simply gain power from block being struck until they have sp2 or sp3 ready then launch it to power drain, all without taking any block damage.
    The only champion so far with 100% perfect block chance is sentry, and even for him the only way to maintain that 100% perfect block chance is not hitting the opponent.
    Plus i feel civil warrior(duped) is a good counter to the crazy block damage from masacre's sp2. I've only tested it out once in versus where i was using masacre and after the first hit of the sp2(blocked with damage 3k), civil warrior gained an armor up and the second hit was quite weak

In what way do you think he can be improved?
    Also cap ww2 duped is great for harder quests where the opponents will almost always have buffs on them(from nodes)
    Honestly i don't feel that he needs a buff to his abilities at all, just buff his attack and maybe increase the cap to his permanent armor buffs. That will make him more useful against high attack champions
    Anyone have any other ideas? I think this thread should get addressed.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    1) Hulkbuster: he needs to be a defensive monster. feared like IMIW. armor builds up, and auto block -> parry.
    2) Cyclops (New Xavier School): more attack.
    3) Both Cyclops: other one same. more attack strength a little.
    4) Colossus: more armor really to feed his attack. have it stack per 10 hits on the combo like star lord does a little.
    5) Captain/Ms Marvel (both): Including KK here, but more potent fury.
    6) Carnage and Venom: definitely needs a better replication mechanic for Venom. Carnage needs that attack bump.
    7) Ant-man: add a combo meter mechanic to increase his crit(like rocket). more potent poison.
    8) Magneto: magnetism should work like danger sense.

and no i don't hate the player base by adding defensive abilities that would suck, just making these champs viable as they were intended.
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    1) Hulkbuster: he needs to be a defensive monster. feared like IMIW. armor builds up, and auto block -> parry.
    2) Cyclops (New Xavier School): more attack.
    3) Both Cyclops: other one same. more attack strength a little.
    4) Colossus: more armor really to feed his attack. have it stack per 10 hits on the combo like star lord does a little.
    5) Captain/Ms Marvel (both): Including KK here, but more potent fury.
    6) Carnage and Venom: definitely needs a better replication mechanic for Venom. Carnage needs that attack bump.
    7) Ant-man: add a combo meter mechanic to increase his crit(like rocket). more potent poison.
    8) Magneto: magnetism should work like danger sense.

and no i don't hate the player base by adding defensive abilities that would suck, just making these champs viable as they were intended.

Great ideas, liked them a lot!