**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Auto evade bug still occurring whilst intercepting [Under Investigation]

Comments

• Bearz_RuleBearz_Rule Posts: 47
    Any champ that has the ability to evade can do this, and that's sad. Glad I put off doing Lab for a while longer to save more units...
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    Bearz_Rule wrote: »
    Any champ that has the ability to evade can do this, and that's sad. Glad I put off doing Lab for a while longer to save more units...
    I think any champ can do it in someway lately, they don't evade exactly but dashing back then cut the dash and counter attack you again, of course the whole thing happen while you're in the same animation dashing from or punching the air because your champ is not faster than the AI champ neither can cut animations.
  • shingbabshingbab Posts: 120
    Just a daily bump.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Iko ... can this be investigated please - if you need more videos / evidence, let me know - thanks

edited July 2017
    Just my daily bump
    Looking forward to this demonstrable, proven bug to get [under investigation] status and finally to be fixed - maybe in time for the new special event quest :D.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,567 ★★★★★
    shingbab wrote: »
    Just my daily bump
    Looking forward to this demonstrable, proven bug to get [under investigation] status and finally to be fixed - maybe in time for the new special event quest :D.

Lol, this new event quest was made special for us, it seems. A whole quest dedicated to evade champs.... what can go wrong?!

Love your vids. Appreciate you posting them because I don't have a screen recorder.
    MikeHock wrote: »
    Lol, this new event quest was made special for us, it seems. A whole quest dedicated to evade champs.... what can go wrong?!

Love your vids. Appreciate you posting them because I don't have a screen recorder.

Thank you!
    I'm now testing and recording all reported bugs I can from the forum - doesn't take long - if I can recreate them in 5 duels, I'll post my findings.
    Hopefully that means we should have quite a clear, evidenced picture of all live bugs within the game going forward.

Massively irksome though, posting clear bugs, offering help and support in gathering more evidence and seeing vague, device specific bug reports getting time and traction, whilst proven, game wide bugs getting ignored.
  • KamlanKamlan Posts: 4
    Happened to me just now in AW. Fighting against NC in tier 2, on nodes 39 and 48. Attacking champions we're Doctor Voodoo and Hawkeye. Intercepting, he evaded and hit me. iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 10.1.
  • TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    iPhone 6s Plus
    iOS 10.3.3
    It happens on ANY fight where the enemy can evade. Using ANY champion.
    ^

Thank you for reporting. We want to keep this at the forefront of the Bugs page so they treat it as a priority. Not sure why this isn't a priority since it's been a problem FOR OVER A YEAR!

I've posted this elsewhere, but I don't think they're capable of fixing this problem.
  • RobRob Posts: 7
    My opinion is that they've tried fixing this before but it did not yield their desired results. Remember a few versions ago when you could complete your combo because the opponent would not immediately attack or block after the evade? It was quickly reverted back to the way it is now. Until a medium is found, more of the same is fed to us to bide time.

On another note, everyone excited about the Web-Slinger Challenge? Should be plenty of evades.
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★

Thank you!
    I'm now testing and recording all reported bugs I can from the forum - doesn't take long - if I can recreate them in 5 duels, I'll post my findings.
    Hopefully that means we should have quite a clear, evidenced picture of all live bugs within the game going forward.

Massively irksome though, posting clear bugs, offering help and support in gathering more evidence and seeing vague, device specific bug reports getting time and traction, whilst proven, game wide bugs getting ignored.
    Cool, I don't have a recorder neither I know how to record the game, but I was wishing someone would do it.
    Thank you, I truly appreciate you're doing it.
    Daily request to get this to be [Under Investigation] @Kabam Miike etc. Many thanks!
    Just happened again vs a freaking 3* spider man in the new event quest.

It is now bordering on pathetic and shameful that this hasn't been acknowledged or treated as a priority.
  • ChafsChafs Posts: 9
    Also champs that don't evade are evading, I'm seeing this a lot when I use Rhino, I dash forward, AI backs off a bit then smacks me all over the place
  • Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    Yes, especially in this new spidey event. Double evade for floating champs is especially buggy
    I'm going to keep posting about this like I did in the old forums.

This is a known bug that Kabam has previously acknowledged. Why isn't Kabam doing anything about it? I see other threads with *under investigation* and this continues to be ignored.

Get your act together, and acknowledge this problem and work to fix it.

Because the game is pay to play, and if people do pay on their own then force them to. I for one would gladly spend on good offers, if the game worked and u didnt have to spend on items.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Happened to me in spidey event against miles (I was using Hawkeye). Just happened again against miles in monthly homecoming event (I was using arch angel).
  • brownchr014brownchr014 Posts: 35
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey guys. That's unfortunate that you're still seeing issues with the Evade Punch. Can you all let me know some specific fights you've seen this in since the update? Champ you were using, enemy champ, game mode etc? Thanks guys. I'll get in touch with the team about this asap.

Whenever I fight NightCrawler and he goes in for a heavy attack, If I go in for the intercept he is able to evade and then hit me.
  • Bambam7700Bambam7700 Posts: 38
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf I've sent tickets I don't get ant good responses. I shouldn't have to spend units to do stuff I normally do without. Hyperion is missing his first hit of his lv1. GR hasn't been regening. I swipe left and the game glitches the I'm getting wrecked. I swipe right and nothing is happening. You can't bait the openent now without getting hit because of evade issues. And with the buffs and nodes you guys have created baiting is not even a option. We don't have a choice. It's like you're forcing us to pay to play: My blocks have been busy through every aq. It's not cool I love this game but you can't keep updating and making things worse. Do y'all play the game first before sending the update?
    Do us write Kabam fix the game!!!!!
    And send us compensation for the misnhaps.
    And bring rank down tickets back or sell at the very least.
    Yes, especially in this new spidey event. Double evade for floating champs is especially buggy.
    WE GOT UNDER INVESTIGATION STATUS! Thank you!!!
    edited July 2017
    WE GOT UNDER INVESTIGATION STATUS! Thank you!!!

Although it's a step in the right direction, color me not impressed. This is a known issue and shouldn't even need to be "under investigation"; it should be a confirmed and a fixed be in the works.

This is an issue that dates back to Feb 2016!!!!!

Threads from the old forums:
    http://community.wonderhill.com/forums/showthread.php?641849-Spiderman-Evade&highlight=evade (Feb 2016)

http://community.wonderhill.com/forums/showthread.php?668557-Spiderman-evade-and-landing-a-hit-at-the-same-time-!&highlight=evade (July 2016)

http://community.wonderhill.com/forums/showthread.php?707571-Known-Issue-AI-attacking-while-Evading (confirmed as bugged)

Here is the most recent thread that Kabam immediately closed when they claimed they fixed it.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/217/known-issue-ai-attacking-while-evading-closed#latest

When 12.0 came out and the old forums closed down, it definitely seems like they tried to sweep this under the rug.
  • BeetleBeetle Posts: 6
    Over a year old bug turned into a nest full of hornets
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey guys. That's unfortunate that you're still seeing issues with the Evade Punch. Can you all let me know some specific fights you've seen this in since the update? Champ you were using, enemy champ, game mode etc? Thanks guys. I'll get in touch with the team about this asap.

When will this become an acknowledged bug (again)? Remember, this was reported on the old forums months prior. Not sure why it's taking so long just to admit that evade is bugged.

Happened again to me in AW yesterday. While fighting a NC boss with Winter Soldier, I go to punch NC, and he evades, but I mysteriously get hit and take damage as both heroes are pushed away from one another.
  • Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    I've had this happen to me as well. Doesn't matter which champs I'm using....SL, X23, Voodoo, DD, Drax, etc, etc. Any opponent with auto-evade has caught me with this....all Spideys, Ultron, Widow, NC.
  • PonyboyPonyboy Posts: 122
    iPhone 7
    Webslinger- I remember each evade champ had the bug, I think I was using BW
    LOL - 1 week ago. Fighting IF and someone else, I was using SL
  • KamlanKamlan Posts: 4
    Previously posted the auto-evade and attack happened to me in AW. That remains the case fighting auto-evade champions.

It is also happening in Labyrinth of Legends against all champions there. The frequency is less (thankfully) due to the labyrinth buff not kicking in auto-evade as often, however it happened none-the-less.

One thing to note when the issue does occur, the animations are as if two balls were colliding: the champions bounce back from each other after the contact. It is quite distracting to the eye.

This issue is repeatable 100% of the time dueling any champion with auto-evade ability. I cannot understand why it is not an acknowledged issue! Such a frustrating player experience with support...
    Completed the Webslinger quest yesterday. I experienced this Evade-phantom attack-damage bug several times, even against enemies with a much lower PI.
  • solivagant56solivagant56 Posts: 75
    I have also been facing this issue. It happens randomly and has happened multiple times. I was using gwenpool against spider man in Web slinger quest,