**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why the New 3-Day Dungeons Are So Much Better

WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
There seems to be some confusion on the new series of Dungeons that are currently running. I see some people complaining about the changes when in reality they are a step in the right direction. For the top prestige category in the previous iteration of dungeons, we had to reach 3750 points to achieve all milestones in 24 hours. This required summoners to run 3 rooms in D7 for the best use of their time. The new dungeons require 11250 points to achieve all milestones in 72 hours. While the dungeons do require more points to achieve all milestones, this is spread out over 3 days time rather than 1 day.

In the previous iteration over 3 days I would have to run a total of 9 rooms in D7. In the new iteration of dungeons I will have to run either 5 or 6 rooms in D7 over a period of 3 days. I enjoy these new dungeons infinitely more than the previous iteration because I don't feel as pressured to have to play them every day. For example, if there is a day that you are extremely busy, you don't just automatically miss your chance to acquire all of the milestones. You can instead come back the next day when you are free and still get all of the rewards.

Not only does the new iteration of dungeons offer a sort of "cushion of protection" to the acquisition of the rewards, it also requires less total time spent acquiring those rewards. In my mind this is the best of both worlds and I hope that these 3 day dungeons are here to stay.

Comments

• Swe_wolfisSwe_wolfis Posts: 390 ★★
    I totally agree, much more relaxed when you have 3 days to find time to make one or two runs.

Really interested what you have cooked up for the 3rd run of this "series"
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    So much better, great change by Kabam
  • Vivek_786Vivek_786 Posts: 217
    But at the end of the event there is only one five star is obtainable
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,138 ★★★★★
    Vivek_786 wrote: »

Yeah and if u get a dups it a full one istand be a 1 sig only
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Gamer wrote: »

No it’s a full dupe this time around. They changed it so it’s just like if you duped a champ from a 5* crystal.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Bloodshedz wrote: »
    It's a complete waste of time and 3 days is to long.
    I was done in 30 mins 100% now I have to play this longer?
    Kabam just made dungeons boring.
    It's not fun anymore.
    I'll go back to grinding arena. Less boring

You were done in 30 mins 100% but you had to play it every day. In this new iteration of dungeons you only have to play 2/3 of what you had to play before. And on top of it all, you don't even have to do it all in one go. You have a full 72 hours to complete the milestones. They are infinitely better on this second iteration.
  • nope they still suck!
  • JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    Love the new format.
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    I agree with the majority who like this version of dungeons
  • Thestoryteller6Thestoryteller6 Posts: 153 ★★
    Completely agree. It's so much more relaxing now! I'm not scrambling to hit the milestones right before bed after a busy day.

Anyway, if you love dungeons, there's nothing to stop you from doing extra dungeons, even if you've already hit the milestones. If you hate dungeons, you can hit the milestones while doing fewer of them. Can't possibly be a bad thing!
  • TruckaceTruckace Posts: 18
    I like the new dungeon format!

But I’m still lazy... so I’m grinding heavy on the last day, LOL
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,138 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Gamer wrote: »

No it’s a full dupe this time around. They changed it so it’s just like if you duped a champ from a 5* crystal.

Yeah then us mis read what im say im was saying it is a full istand of 1 only
    Truckace wrote: »
    I like the new dungeon format!

But I’m still lazy... so I’m grinding heavy on the last day, LOL

Hey... At least you had those two days of relaxing without dungeons though, am I right?
  • Vegeta9000Vegeta9000 Posts: 204 ★★
    Did all my points in one dungeon 🤷🏻‍♂️Didnt realise it was a 3 day thing till i went to do the next days, should probably read more.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    It’s pretty great I think a week long event would be better I have more time to get the points on weekends so it would be nice to be able to get all my points only on Saturday and Sunday but this is a huge step in the right direction for this mode of gameplay
  • Agreed. Much better this way. Please keep it like this, Kabam
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    The biggest improvement to me is that you can run deeper in dungeons and have it mean something. I finished this round by doing 4 rooms of D7 and than another round of 2 rooms of D7. Way more enjoyable running deep in the harder dungeons.
    IKON wrote: »
    The biggest improvement to me is that you can run deeper in dungeons and have it mean something. I finished this round by doing 4 rooms of D7 and than another round of 2 rooms of D7. Way more enjoyable running deep in the harder dungeons.

100% agree. It sucked in the previous iteration to have to run a third room in D7 and score like 3k more points than was necessary.
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    3 day dungeons are worse because many will run out of top champs of the class needed so it makes people have to spend units to refresh to increase their chances
    3 day dungeons are worse because many will run out of top champs of the class needed so it makes people have to spend units to refresh to increase their chances

Actually this is not the case. First off because the entry to the dungeon doesn't limit which class you bring. And second because even if you only had one set of top 5* champs, you would be able to run them on day 1 and on day 3. Only two runs of D7 are necessary to complete all milestones so this works out perfectly.

All this doesn't take into account the fact that if you only have one set of top champs you most likely will not fall in the top prestige cutoff so your milestones will be lower anyway. Trust me, these dungeons are far, far better than the previous iteration.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    I don't understand anyone that says it's worse for the following reasons.

- Refresh times have not changed.
    - Points required over 3 days have not changed.

If you want to run it 24 hours and get 3,750 points each day, you can! All its done is given us more flexibility on how to approach the dungeons.
  • Archangel442Archangel442 Posts: 158
    I like the 3 day system for milestones, but would actually like the classes to rotate daily... this first day (science tech) is tricky for me because skill and cosmic are by far my worst, and shallowest, classes... while I did easily make my goal, I would prefer if I could have done more with other classes on their days, and just run 1 with this set, or not at all... would help I think with people who run out of strong champs quickly
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,501 ★★★★★
    It's better, but still tedious.