**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Unhelpful support and form letter replies

I'm hoping we can keep this discussion civil and I'll start by asking anyone from the community replying to keep that in mind.

I have seen many complaints about unhelpful support resolutions and I am in the process of experiencing one myself now. I can understand that there needs to be a barrier to entry due to the sheer number of support requests that must be issued.

The issue I've seen come up that seems to lend itself to a squeaky wheel solution, the loss of progress and the game kicking you out of the quest, is also the one I find myself in.
  • Support will state incorrect facts, not lying maliciously as I'm sure they are without power, stating that it's an unrecoverable issue.
  • They respond with form messages that indicate they didn't read or understand the issue.
  • They'll respond with followups with the exact same message, while we the players bother to read the message it's clear support does not.
  • They "close" the issue without confirmation from the customer

It forces us to have to continually hound support - costing resources that could be handling other problems, and the answer usually only seems to be resolved when posting on these forums from my understanding.

I would like to know if the Kabam Support/case reporting should even continue to exist. I imagine Kabam is spending a good amount of money to contract a service that only frustrates customers, I can't image that support email being helpful to anyone - the form reply even says to report the crash to the game team which seems redundant. Is the preferred method of support resolution to simply post here and take out the middleman?

It feels wrong to attempt to skip the process by posting my issue here as a "fix/restitute *my* problem" instead of as a bug tracking and reporting mechanism, but if that's the only effective mechanism available that's what we have to do.

Comments

• Options
    Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    edited July 2017
    The problem with keeping the conversation civil is that many players are tired of raising issues in good faith only to have their issues never be addressed with veiled promises that the team is aware and is working on a resolution.

I have seen too many threads closed by Mods over the fact that the threads are resolving into non-constructive criticism. However, it is a direct result on Kabam's slow response to these issues. People are becoming more and more agitated over promises of fixes and the bugs remaining even after future updates are released to fix those bugs prove to not resolve them.

Even MLK understood how civility breaks down:
    "These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard."

While the forums are not physical violence, it is full of sarcasm, aggressive-toned responses, and what Kabam views as "non-constructive behavior" due to players feeling they are not being heard or responded to in a timely manner.

I really have very little sympathy for Kabam, as we have bugs and issues that have gone one for several months. The responses from support have caused me to flip my lid several times, so I feel what you are saying.

It is not to say Kabam isn't trying, but their focus is on releasing more new champs and content as fast as possible, and not one fixing what each new update and release breaks.
  • Options
    Tmasters1984Tmasters1984 Posts: 451
    I've had this recently. I posted a thread earlier about disappearing signature stones - stones that I received in a crystal and did not appear in my inventory.

The first problem was supports English was clearly not good so they didn't understand the problem.

The second issue was that every reply was responded to by a different person so I had to re-explain everything.

In the end, support admitted to me that they didn't have the ability to replace the lost items or "compensate" so I just got a refund from Google play.

The whole email conversation between Kabam took just under two weeks. Google refunded in two days.