**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Rank Down Tickets!

13»

Comments

• New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Why do people want rank down tickets. You made the decision. Rank down tickets ruin the game because its makes you think less about what champion to upgrade. New champs on average are going to be better than current ones.

Not really. Say you upgraded a specific champ because you like how they work. As we know, Kabam changes champs and nerfs them all the time...So if they can change it, why can't we rank them down.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    The "No Rank Downs! Ever!" crowd sound like the "Integrity of the Game!" guys shaking their canes at whippersnappers.
    "In my day, you ranked up Colossus because he was all you had! And that's how we liked it! If the champ you ranked up last year is obsolete because Kabam releases at least 2 new champs every month now and changes the meta on a whim, TOO BAD! you should be stuck with that champ until you die. Because that's how we like it! Mmmm, ribbon candy, uncovered in a dish!"

But that's exaclty what I did. Colossus was my 1st r4 4*. Would have been r5 if I hadn't gotten x23. I dont regret it at all. He got me through a ton of content and helped a lot in AQ early on. I made a choice and stuck to it.

If you want to play that way, cool. Some people only want to play in keeper fantasy leagues for money... I'd rather have the option to cut bait or offload a bust available periodically in my entertainment. I don't think RDTs should be handed out by the dozen for free. That's ridiculous. Having 1 available for units with a refresh of 3-4 months feels perfectly reasonable. Use them if you want, ignore them if you don't. Grind and save up for them just in case. Or don't.

I wish you understand the exploit with this line of thinking.

Wouldn't be an exploit if it was a regular part of the game and available to everyone.

That would contradict the whole point of the game, and a number of modes that center around working for Resources for Champs.

Just like the ones they gave out last Christmas contradicted the whole point of the game and ended up ABSOLUTELY RUINING EVERYTHING FOR EVERYONE EVER?
    Oh wait, no they didn't. It's completely harmless giving a few out once or twice a year.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,021 ★★★★★
    The "No Rank Downs! Ever!" crowd sound like the "Integrity of the Game!" guys shaking their canes at whippersnappers.
    "In my day, you ranked up Colossus because he was all you had! And that's how we liked it! If the champ you ranked up last year is obsolete because Kabam releases at least 2 new champs every month now and changes the meta on a whim, TOO BAD! you should be stuck with that champ until you die. Because that's how we like it! Mmmm, ribbon candy, uncovered in a dish!"

But that's exaclty what I did. Colossus was my 1st r4 4*. Would have been r5 if I hadn't gotten x23. I dont regret it at all. He got me through a ton of content and helped a lot in AQ early on. I made a choice and stuck to it.

If you want to play that way, cool. Some people only want to play in keeper fantasy leagues for money... I'd rather have the option to cut bait or offload a bust available periodically in my entertainment. I don't think RDTs should be handed out by the dozen for free. That's ridiculous. Having 1 available for units with a refresh of 3-4 months feels perfectly reasonable. Use them if you want, ignore them if you don't. Grind and save up for them just in case. Or don't.

Wouldn't be an exploit if it was a regular part of the game and available to everyone.

That would contradict the whole point of the game, and a number of modes that center around working for Resources for Champs.

Just like the ones they gave out last Christmas contradicted the whole point of the game and ended up ABSOLUTELY RUINING EVERYTHING FOR EVERYONE EVER?
    Oh wait, no they didn't.

Of course it did. Now that they did it, everyone wants them again. What would the point be in trying to gain more resources if i could just move them around with RDT's?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,021 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Why do people want rank down tickets. You made the decision. Rank down tickets ruin the game because its makes you think less about what champion to upgrade. New champs on average are going to be better than current ones.

Not really. Say you upgraded a specific champ because you like how they work. As we know, Kabam changes champs and nerfs them all the time...So if they can change it, why can't we rank them down.

Define all the time? Please give examples of "all the time" besides 12.0 (RDT's were warranted for this), AA and Drax (bug fixes so they dont count).

Oh wait, no they didn't.

Of course it did. Now that they did it, everyone wants them again. What would the point be in trying to gain more resources if i could just move them around with RDT's?

Didn't ruin the game at all. Ruined your enjoyment of reading the forums, maybe.
  • I don’t understand why some people are so strongly against them? How does it negatively effect any of you?

New better champions come out, that didn’t exist when certain champions were chosen for rank up. The game evolves, so should our rosters.

I don’t play any other similar mobile games like MCOC and so here’s a question to those asking incessantly for RDTs...

Have you come across a similar mobile game that will give you opportunity to rank down champs, recoup resources so that you can rank up another? I don’t know enough but if I’m a dev, I’m more inclined to call that a dumb business strategy imho. I’ll know exactly what I’ll do. I’ll exploit it to the tilt especially since I can now exchange 3 same class cats for a different one.

So the game evolves. So should you, as a gamer. How exactly are RDTs ever going to help in your growth if all you do is wait for the next RDT? So you’d just stop playing, stop collecting resource, stop login and just wait? Isn’t that moronic? You might as well just quit MCOC and switch to candy crush!

And I’m equally baffled why summoners incessantly ask for rank downs when the community should be lobbying for more opportunity to acquire rank up gems. More rank up gems = more ranked up opportunities which will increase diversity. Why keep asking for rank down? That’s dumb no?

How does it negatively affect the community? Let’s see..

1) you’d be crying it’s unfair if the devs decidedly one day to reward future goodies based on summoner PI. (Yours aren’t growing cos all you do is keep ranking down one to rank up another, ie no PI growth).

2) what if the devs decidedly one day to launch a similar event such as danger room but it requires higher level mystic champs? (Those exact few champs that you as decidedly to rank down). There’s already a large decible of crying ‘unfair’ when Kabam introduce the 2* class format because summoner didn’t bother ranking those up.
    2* for crying out loud!!! Guess what rdt fanboys will react if higher levels are required? (Roll eyes)

And last,

3) why should other summoners be disadvantaged over other just because you, on any given Sunday pulled a better defender and decidedly to ‘rank down’ one in order to rank up the new? Why should I, a player tolerate your ability to whimsically rank down say NC and rank up Emma for AWD? Or rank down Drax in favour or Corvus for AWA? There is absolutely no compelling reason that I should. In fact, this is in my opinion worse than cheating.

But I’m all ears to support you, if you (those who incessantly crying for RDTs as a result of MD changes) are ready to give up all those past rewards you’ve gotten from all aspects of the game as a direct result from using Mystic champs.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,244 ★★★★★

Oh wait, no they didn't. It's completely harmless giving a few out once or twice a year.

First of all, they're theirs to do with whatever they choose. Secondly, it was a random Christmas gift, to help people prepare for the coming year. Since then, that's all we've heard about. Give them once, and the expectations keep going.
    edited September 2018

First of all, they're theirs to do with whatever they choose. Secondly, it was a random Christmas gift, to help people prepare for the coming year. Since then, that's all we've heard about. Give them once, and the expectations keep going.

Yes, and yes. Kabam CAN do whatever they want with them, and people need more help to prepare for the OP champs to be released in the future. I agree with you - they should be given out again.
    edited September 2018
    That's not what I said at all. People need to accept the choices they make and move on. Rank more Champs, that's what the rest of us do. We put the work in for Resources and Rank new Champs. We don't wait for Tickets to be handed out.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Forget about rank down tickets. Lets get a rank up gem for compensation. But some people here complaining about people asking for rank downs.

If you dont want rank downs good for you. When kabam offers them dont use them or do not buy them.

It is your choice right?

Please if you hate rank downs choose not to use them. Thank you!!!

Correct. It's a choice not to use them. It's also a choice to Rank a Champ.

We do not get a choice when the games gets modified or updated or changed.
    Forget about rank down tickets. Lets get a rank up gem for compensation. But some people here complaining about people asking for rank downs.

If you dont want rank downs good for you. When kabam offers them dont use them or do not buy them.

It is your choice right?

Please if you hate rank downs choose not to use them. Thank you!!!

Correct. It's a choice not to use them. It's also a choice to Rank a Champ.

We do not get a choice when the games gets modified or updated or changed.

You mean like it's been modified, updated and/or changed since its inception? Yeah, that's how it evolves.
    Also if i had resources expiring and I did not have any viable champ to use those on then I am force to rank a champ I do not want.

This is an example that not all is black and white.

1 rank down ticket for a 5 star and 1 for a 4 star wont hurt or harm the game. In fact this is the compensation we all need due to 19.0
    Compensation, or adjustment? Which is it? Seems like any reason, really.
    Both my brother both
    That's not what I said at all. People need to accept the choices they make and move on. Rank more Champs, that's what the rest of us do. We put the work in for Resources and Rank new Champs. We don't wait for Tickets to be handed out.

Why would you think that we're sitting on our hands and not ranking champs? Where did that idea come from? Personally, I'm ranking champs all the time. But I don't see how it could possibly hurt the game or anyone else playing the game if I get given a rank down ticket to use on, for example, my 4* 5/50 Quake to take her down and use the T4CCs to R3 my 5* Quake. How much effect can that possibly have on anyone else?
    Who would bother playing AQ and AW at all? Just Rank some Champs and keep swapping Resources.
    Who would bother playing AQ and AW at all? Just Rank some Champs and keep swapping Resources.

Why would you think we'd be able to rank down anyone whenever we liked? Where did THAT come from? If they only give out a few, then we'd only be able to use a few. Why are you being deliberately obtuse?
  • Kade7175Kade7175 Posts: 304 ★★
    Why is this topic so contentious? Damn. I dont think aside from the end of year rdts like last year we should have access to them. It adds strategy to the game. If they did them at the end of the year again id be fine with that. Its something that has happened. So im cool with it i think most people are. But i really dont think kabam would add them for purchase. and with the cost of frags of a t5b im not sure id wanna see how much kabam think those are worth. You cant even get half of a t5b for 100. You think they'll throw rdts in the store for 20 units a pop?

Why would you think we'd be able to rank down anyone whenever we liked? Where did THAT come from? If they only give out a few, then we'd only be able to use a few. Why are you being deliberately obtuse?

You should know by now, especially after pointing out Christmas, that it never stops at a couple of them.

You should know by now, especially after pointing out Christmas, that it never stops at a couple of them.

What are you on about? What does that even mean? I think this is the first ever time that I'd like you to explain yourself more.
This discussion has been closed.